Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space Hulk: Deathwing

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Meh, "assault" terminators with lightning claws plodding along slowly but surely would seem more out of place to me.

That's why assault terminators are deployed on hulks and teleported in. It just goes against everything I remember, in Chaos Gate terminators couldn't run, and as far as I know there has never been a running terminator model released, it's just seems plain wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

That's why assault terminators are deployed on hulks and teleported in. It just goes against everything I remember, in Chaos Gate terminators couldn't run, and as far as I know there has never been a running terminator model released, it's just seems plain wrong :D

Chaos gate wasn't an FPS game ... it used a turn-based system so any appearance of running mechanics (or lack thereof) is entirely moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Terminators can run, if not sprint, in the tabletop - right?

From reading the HH series and some other 40K books, I have a vague recollection of Terminators (or some of them) being "faster than expected for their bulk" - and having slow and slightly faster moving speeds. That's not to say they can sprint but still.

"Lumber a bit more speedily than otherwise" perhaps is a good way to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Terminators can run, if not sprint, in the tabletop - right?

From reading the HH series and some other 40K books, I have a vague recollection of Terminators (or some of them) being "faster than expected for their bulk" - and having slow and slightly faster moving speeds. That's not to say they can sprint but still.

"Lumber a bit more speedily than otherwise" perhaps is a good way to say it.

In the actual tabletop game they are not allowed run. In the lore it is said that running in terminator armour is possible but very difficult so is only done in short bursts. The game seems to have handled it well overall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I think when people see sprint they think it's some Usain Bolt level stuff going on, when it barely means lumber forward a bit faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Spear wrote: »
    I think when people see sprint they think it's some Usain Bolt level stuff going on, when it barely means lumber forward a bit faster.

Also, they're 10 feet tall, so they obviously cover a lot of ground by default anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Greetings Brothers!

We're pleased to release our first update for Space Hulk: Deathwing.

The main goal of this first patch was to eliminate any game breaking bugs, crashes and severe FPS drops. We hope many of you are now better able to enjoy the game! That said, we’re aware that some players are experiencing occasional lobby connection errors and performance issues, and that’s our current focus as we continue to read your messages on social media.

As always, your feedback is valuable for us to resolve any technical issues as soon as possible. You can report your issues in the technical section of the official forum. We’d also recommend consulting our Technical FAQ, Gameplay Tips and Known Issues & helpful workarounds threads.

Space Hulk: Deathwing - Hotfix 1.06 - 231MB
    Various performance optimizations (this is also an ongoing process).
    Inventory crash (in multiplayer) fixed.
    Major FPS drop on Chapter 1 experienced by AMD processors fixed.
    Input loss upon door interaction in multiplayer fixed.
    Potential crash using NVIDIA graphics card fixed.
    Multiplayer connection timeout increased, allowing more modest systems greater time to connect.
    Please note that the update process opens the game file, meaning you need approximately 32GB of temporary free disk space in the Steam directory to update the game. Free some space if the update is stuck.

The last 5% of the download are the rewriting of the 32GB file which makes it appear stuck but it is actually processing and may take a while.

hot fix

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maguined wrote: »
    In the actual tabletop game they are not allowed run. In the lore it is said that running in terminator armour is possible but very difficult so is only done in short bursts. The game seems to have handled it well overall.
    Depends a bit I think, in the Deathwatch rpg they aren't allowed to run

link

but it seems overall from googling that certain patterns of armour do allow running alright.. (must be newer tabletop lore :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

According to these boys there are at least 10x patterns.
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Armour

Note:
    Tartaros Pattern
    This pattern is issued to the Veterans of a Chapter's 1st Company and is possibly considered the most advanced form of Tactical Dreadnought Armour. It shared many systems with the Mk IV Maximus-pattern power armour whilst providing greater mobility for the wearer compared to the Indomitus ("Normal") with no loss in durability.[4]
    Italics are mine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How is it performing after the latest patch? I'm waiting for it to improve before i pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd hang on a bit longer - the performance was okay anyway, it's just been optomised a bit more for lower spec machines as far as i can tell.

the multiplayer is still a bit iffy - had a go last night, found 9 servers without a password, so quickgame was out, out of those 9, 5 were not full. This is where deathwing should be a shining example of brilliant co-op, but just getting a game with randoms is difficult atm. Wait for the sale, see if it goes out with a discount, that'll bump up the amount of people playing.. probably

Anyone played since the last 4 patches?

Still very expensive and Steamspy reckons it sold 110k copies they should do a discount imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've yet to even play it, even though I pre-ordered it, was waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I've been playing it fairly consistently (SP) for the past while. Never really noticed any major bugs apart from one case where an AI squadmate is defusing a bomb or something and is out of your control while you defend them. After defeating the waves and defusing the bomb, he didn't rejoin the team and stuck where he was. Only bug I've seen so far and reloading the game fixed it.

I refunded it after the beta. It just ran terribly, and i didn't expect it to improve before launch.

Kiith wrote: »
    I refunded it after the beta. It just ran terribly, and i didn't expect it to improve before launch.

I tried it again this weekend and I've noticed that optimisations are significantly better; my CPU temperatures are lower as a result too. I've not encountered much in the way of bugs [single player] other than a known relic on mission 2 sometimes not spawning, but that's a mission optional and not something that directly interferes.

Enjoying it thus far although yet to try co-op.

An enhanced version is being released in May. It's a free update (as far as i can tell) for pc users.

Kiith wrote: »
    An enhanced version is being released in May. It's a free update (as far as i can tell) for pc users.

From announcements made on the official steam discussion board, it would appear to be a free upgrade for existing PC owners alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Saw this in the Steam store, looks kinda cool.

Is it worth €32?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Saw this in the Steam store, looks kinda cool.

Is it worth €32?

Are you a fan of W2K? Then yes if not probably no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement