Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! The Leaving Cert 2016 - discussion & aftermath

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Spot on.

Points are determined by supply and demand (no. of places available vs. number seeking them), it has nothing to do with how difficult the course is.

Sure, lots of high points courses are pretty tough (e.g. medicine), but they're high points because they're in demand, not because they're tough.

Triple the number of places in medicine in Ireland next year and the points would fall significantly, even though the course hadn't changed an iota.

This applies to my course. Entrance was 395 and the median points (me) was 465. However, 80% of the course got above 500.

Points don't dictate how you'll get in in the course either. I got better or similar first year results to those who got 50 or so points higher than me. The LC just doesn't suit some people.

Anyway, enjoy your summer. You all did fine and hopefully you can all get on with your life in September be it work or study!

Advertisement