Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - Games only discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    Aragami

Inspired by Tenchu. Enough said.

That looks quite nice actually. F*cking loved Tenchu 2 and there's definitely a smack of it off this new game. Will keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Word is Dead Rising 4 isn't exactly exclusive. Could be timed.

This seems odd to me. Has a Dead Rising appeared on playstation before?

I just get the feeling that this means exclusive to the xbox store and then it'll go to steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This seems odd to me. Has a Dead Rising appeared on playstation before?

I just get the feeling that this means exclusive to the xbox store and then it'll go to steam.

Yeah Dead Rising 2 was on PS3. 1 and 3 are exclusives. 4 will be on PS4 later like Tomb Raider.

Edit: Updating as they cut the Manifold Garden segment into it's own video.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just saw the E3 thingy for Mafia 3. Looks decent but the feckin developer gave away the entire plot in the first minute, the jackass! Totally unnessecary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was an E3 trailer for wild guns reloaded. It's a remake of one of the best SNES games ever made. It now supports 4 player, has widescreen and new pixel art rather than the ****ing awful adobe illustrator art that passes for videogame art these days.

The SNES game goes for a fortune these days so great to have a cheaper way to play it:

Some gameplay footage of inside. I have to admit being slightly disappointed that it's so similar to Limbo. I loved that game but I think I was expecting something else here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I didn't think Limbo was all that great. some later puzzles were just poorly designed and the narrative pay off... well there was no narrative pay off, the end was dumb.

In other news my sixth sense for sniffing out a game engine is still working. I said the new Zelda looked like it was using the Xenoblade Chronicles X engine and it turns out Monolith software are working on the new Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Days Gone - Digital Foundry analysis.

By the looks of things this will probably be much better on the Neo. Frequent frame rate drops into the twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its like some game exec looked at the swirling mass of zombies from World War Z and said 'lets make a game of that'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its like some game exec looked at the swirling mass of zombies from World War Z and said 'lets make a game of that'.
    Which I am really cool with as long as the console has the juice needed to do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

By the looks of things this will probably be much better on the Neo. Frequent frame rate drops into the twenties.

The bodies were vanishing so fast you could see the snake-like trail... and even with that they couldn't keep the framerate up? I mean they can freeze ragdolls after a certain point to keep resources down. Also that was like that absolute worst time to be shoulder aiming... should have been hip firing at such close range with target-rich enviornment. But let me make a reallly risky wager that this is has no hip fire at all.

So let's see
    • QTEs
    • uninspired zombie setting
    • no hip fire
    • 30fps (and less)
    • ps4.0 for the players™

Yep, it'll make loads of money.
    Which I am really cool with as long as the console has the juice needed to do it right.

Some optimisation and a PC port would sort this out.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There was an E3 trailer for wild guns reloaded. It's a remake of one of the best SNES games ever made. It now supports 4 player, has widescreen and new pixel art rather than the ****ing awful adobe illustrator art that passes for videogame art these days.

The SNES game goes for a fortune these days so great to have a cheaper way to play it:

That looks really damn cool. Although I want to completely destroy the game with mouse aiming like one can with House of the Dead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Edit: Updating as they cut the Manifold Garden segment into it's own video.

Love the Easy Allies crew (formerly Gametrailers). They seem to have genuine passion for what they do and are funny guys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, seems a bit daft for DF to be doing any kind of tech breakdown of what's clearly pre-alpha footage of a title with no-release date and to then go on about Naughty Dog's tech when Bend are using a modified version of Unreal Engine 4 for the project.

Hell, the comparisons with the zombie hordes in World War Z are even pretty accurate considering the ones in-game look pretty canned from the footage shown so far.

As for Wild Guns, that can join the list with Gunstar Heroes of shooters I need to play that Retr0 keeps banging on about. :pac:

joe123 wrote: »
    Love the Easy Allies crew (formerly Gametrailers). They seem to have genuine passion for what they do and are funny guys too.

Ya I'm a huge fan of theirs. If you haven't seen the Yakuza 0 impression, I'd highly recommend checking that out. It's very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So the trailer of Kanye West's game "Only one" was released, to my surprise. Is there an exact release date? Anybody knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think there's a date. Could end up being a nice game, even if it is an odd premise.

Well when he showed the first trailer for it at his fashion show thing a few months ago, he felt people didn't applaud enough for it and made them watch the trailer again (they applauded it more the second time, probably because they knew they'd have to watch it a third time otherwise).

Kanye be cray-cray. I appreciate his intent behind the game, but I doubt it'll be anything of any real substance, even for a mobile game.

Yeah, he does himself no favours. The best thing to hope for is that the developers have the talent to turn it a good game, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You never know, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

I wonder how many other games would drop like the this if we analyzed them?

If it wasnt for the fps counter i wouldnt have noticed any dropped frames.

And its a recorded live stream they're analyzing also, so its not the best source to analyze, a 30fps stream at that.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, he does himself no favours. The best thing to hope for is that the developers have the talent to turn it a good game, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You never know, I guess.

I think by making the game about his own mother, it'll be far too personal.

You're trying to guide his mother into Heaven. It's not like if you fail they're going to show her falling down to Hell or anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Doge wrote: »

And its a recorded live stream they're analyzing also, so its not the best source to analyze, a 30fps stream at that.
    They say it's a 60hz feed they were able to capture at an E3 press event at around the 02:00 mark in the video.

Penn wrote: »

You're trying to guide his mother into Heaven. It's not like if you fail they're going to show her falling down to Hell or anything :D

Yep. If someone walks into the room and asks what are you playing, like.. "It's the form Kanye West's grief is taking." I don't think it's something you can sell, or ask other people to invest in, emotionally. Surrounding yourself with Yes Men leads to this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Doge wrote: »

It's also not even out yet, so any performance analysis is pointless. But I guess they have to write about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Benzino wrote: »
    It's also not even out yet

I've heard that one before. Do we need another downgrade montage video?

Performance analysis on demos is pointless really. One of the very last thing to happen before a game goes gold is optimisation so even a badly performing demo can change drastically before release. For an example check out digital foundrys analysis of the God of War 3 demo and the final product to see just how much it improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I've heard that one before. Do we need another downgrade montage video?

Not comparable.

Penn wrote: »

Yep. If someone walks into the room and asks what are you playing, like.. "It's the form Kanye West's grief is taking." I don't think it's something you can sell, or ask other people to invest in, emotionally. Surrounding yourself with Yes Men leads to this kind of thing.
    I think vice versa. Personal is always sold. When you can relate to it, it's always appealing.

Doodleking wrote: »
    I think vice versa. Personal is always sold. When you can relate to it, it's always appealing.

In music yeah. In games I dunno, but I'll give it a go when it comes out. I wonder if it'll have original music from him. You'd presume it would, but, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Doodleking wrote: »

In music yeah. In games I dunno, but I'll give it a go when it comes out. I wonder if it'll have original music from him. You'd presume it would, but, I don't know.
    I hope I hope. I'm waiting for the soundtrack even more than for a game itself :-)

Advertisement