Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath - Dublin -2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great gig, anyone get a balloon lol

Sound was good up in block F, a load of drunks around the place but that's was expected lol. Loved Faires/war pigs/COTG/iron man and paranoid. Visuals were quite good too

Rival Sons were good but a tad bit boring I thought.

Hopefully we get an official documentary detailing the whole history of Black Sabbath (bot just the Ozzy eras) and an official recording of a gig on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

was a great gig! ozzy was far better than i thought he would be.
    Geezer is still a legend on bass!
    Worth the high price i moaned about earlier....

Rival sons are good but i just feel the songs aren't there....i'd agree it was a bit samey after a while, to much vocal gymnastics
    Have to say the sound was great for them too, both in volume and quality! Fair play to sabbath for that
    AC/DC gave the answer very little in comparison, bad form but sadly common

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

A good start to the year with many more to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

rednik wrote: »

If tonight or Meshuggah can be topped then we are in for a treat.

rednik wrote: »

Disturbed and Sabbath off the list now

Yeah for me it's Maiden in May, Aerosmith and Guns N Roses in June and u2 in July

I'd kill too see Metallica play here on there rumoured Autumn European tour later in the year to really put icing on the cake for 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

One of the best gigs I've seen in the point. The three lads might be approaching 70 but together they still sound as good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Great gig. Best I ever heard any band sound at the Point. Ozzy sounded so good I actually thought it was a backing track at times.

Last time I seen Ozzy he was my age now... yet to us back then he was an old man. Help.

NIB was the highlight of the night for me. Was out of this world. Worth the price of the ticket alone.

Hope to see an Ozzy solo gig down the line. He's just an amazing front man. A living legend for damn sure..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great gig, sound was perfect.

I was surprised with Ozzy his voice held up much better than I thought it would, Geezer and Tony were amazing, it's a shame Bill Ward wasn't there, but Clufetos did the material justice, the drum solo was f*cking tedious though.

Crowd towards the back of the standing area was fairly lacklustre, people strolling around the place non-stop and a few tools chatting away during Black Sabbath.

Delighted they did Under the Sun, class tune, War Pigs, NIB and Into the Void were the highlights for me, would have loved 4/5 more tunes, especially anything off Sabotage or Planet Caravan.

Bastards got my hopes up playing the intro to Supernaut :(

Was great to hear them blasting Powerage before Sabbath came on.

Really glad I got to see them, but it's a bittersweet feeling given that they'll be done forever in two weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

2nd time seeing Sabbath, after the Belfast gig 3 years ago.
    Like Belfast, the sound was fantastic, as were the visuals.
    Iommi is an icon, the Godfather of Heavy Metal.
    And among the heavy metal community, its great to see Ozzy being held in the high regard he deserves.

The gig was slightly marred by the mosh pits.
    I'm a veteran of rock concerts and have enjoyed many a mosh pit but this was different.
    50 somethings coked up battering into women and teenage kids.
    I seen 2 women in tears at the thuggery going on.

Ozzy seemed concerned at one stage and asked someone in the crowd if they were OK.

Other than that loved the performance and slightly saddened that it is officially "the end".

That last show in Birmingham is going to be some show and hopefully it's official recorded and released similar to motley crues last show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing show last night, first time to ever see Black Sabbath. Very impressed with Ozzy's performance last night.

A great end to a great week including Meshuggah on Wednesday night.

The only remaining bands on my bucket list are now Faith No More, Sabbat (UK thrash band) and Rammstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Absolutely amazing gig last night and worth every penny in my opinion. People have this misconception about heavy metal being dark and seedy and rough but it is never that way at all. Last night we had kids moms dads and grandparents all enjoying music with one of the greatest bands of all time. So glad I made the trip:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

poundhound wrote: »

The gig was slightly marred by the mosh pits.
    I'm a veteran of rock concerts and have enjoyed many a mosh pit but this was different.
    50 somethings coked up battering into women and teenage kids.
    I seen 2 women in tears at the thuggery going on.

Ozzy seemed concerned at one stage and asked someone in the crowd if they were OK.

Other than that loved the performance and slightly saddened that it is officially "the end".

Was behind a mosh pit, but it looked like it was all teenagers and lads in their early 20's in it. There was a bit of bashing into the people around, but it all seemed in good fun. Was a bit surprised that security didn't go in for a look though, especially when people were smoking in the crowd. Glad there was no drunks in that area of the standing, just people high on the music, and maybe a few high on something else.

Heard the meet and greet had a lot of rules, like no touching. Not even a handshake for €2000 is ridiculous.

Did anyone buy the limited edition CD? Was tempted but €30 on top of the ticket cost is just milking it.

The merch wasn't great tbh
    No programme, posters etc. Only 6 types of €35 t shirts, a €60 polo shirt, €70 hoodie and expensive gold plated plectrums and drum sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

dexter647 wrote: »
    Last night we had kids moms dads and grandparents all enjoying music with one of the greatest bands of all time. So glad I made the trip:)

One of the most age/sex-varied Metal gigs I've been to in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Spur of the moment decision to go to the gig (one of the benefits of living in the area). Got down there around 7 and had a standing ticket a few minutes later. Really enjoyed the show. Sound was incredible and Ozzy could still hit most of the notes. I've very little ear for the nuances of guitar playing, but Tony Iommi was simply outstanding.

The drum solo stuff got rather tedious as drum solos always do. Give the auld lads a chance to catch their breath though, so understandable. Heard a few punters around me complaining about the prices of the pints there. There was a great crowd there from across all age ranges. There was some lad wandering around who had pissed and **** himself, but I presume he was ejected from the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

starWave wrote: »

Did anyone buy the limited edition CD? Was tempted but €30 on top of the ticket cost is just milking it.

I nearly did, but I'm a week out from post-Christmas pay day still and I just couldn't bring myself to do it, much as I would love a copy of it.

While I think the gig in Belfast a couple of years back was probably slightly better, it was great to see Sabbath again before the end (sic). Highlights for me were War Pigs and Into The Void, both were just awesome live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Passenger wrote: »
    One of the most age/sex-varied Metal gigs I've been to in a while.

I'd concur on that.

Still though. What a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I am looking forward to their show on Sunday. It should be very good based on what I've read here.

Just a head's up for anyone not aware: The End of The End is in many cinemas tonight.

Lighthouse @ 9pm is one.

https://twitter.com/BlackSabbath/status/913059141672767488

• Advertisement

Just a head's up for anyone not aware: The End of The End is in many cinemas tonight.

Lighthouse @ 9pm is one.

https://twitter.com/BlackSabbath/status/913059141672767488

Looking forward to this. It should be out on DVD before Xmas. Hopefully there is a good bit of concert footage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Is this a one off showing?

Pretty good
    The guys had some career/life.

Ozzy with the headphones :p

Would have liked to see more fly on the wall stuff, maybe revisiting old haunts in Birmingham but enjoyed it overall.

Official runtime is 124 mins but it was nowhere near that. About 100 mins I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ozzy with the headphones

Come on, Blowing the candles out has to be the best one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Will it end up being released on blu ray or dvd, in time for Christmas?:)

Will it end up being released on blu ray or dvd, in time for Christmas?:)

Out Nov 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Out Nov 10th

Excellent!

thanks.

• Advertisement

Poor Bill Ward only got mentioned once and it was only about 3 sentences long

No mention of the other frontmen they had

Advertisement