Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath - Dublin -2017

Options
  • 10-06-2016 3:16pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

BLACK SABBATH ANNOUNCE IRISH AND UK DATES AS PART OF ‘THE END’ – THE FINAL TOUR

THE END is near!

JANUARY 2017

FRIDAY 20 DUBLIN 3ARENA

SUNDAY 22 MANCHESTER ARENA

TUESDAY 24 GLASGOW THE SSE HYDRO

THURSDAY 26 LEEDS FIRST DIRECT ARENA

SUNDAY 29 THE O2, LONDON

TUESDAY 31 THE O2, LONDON

FEBRUARY 2017

THURSDAY 02 BIRMINGHAM GENTING ARENA

SATURDAY 04 BIRMINGHAM GENTING ARENA

Tickets on sale Friday 17 June at 9.00am

€93.50 - €118.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,167 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

woo

prices are very high but worth it hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Delighted. Never got to see them before so I'll be trying my best to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

F&!€ing $haron!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seem them a few times when it was the full Sabbath, not interested in this in the slightest at them prices

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭corm500

scudzilla wrote: »
    Seem them a few times when it was the full Sabbath, not interested in this in the slightest at them prices

Am I right in thinking that this is the the full line up with the exception of Bill Ward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

corm500 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that this is the the full line up with the exception of Bill Ward?

yeah 3/4 of the originals

I think the set is only an hour and half too but we will never witness these guys in the flesh again and it is rare they play in Dublin

I'll prob buy tickets but €€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

saw ozzy in mac gonagles many years ago, still my fav gig. Definitely getting tickets for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its pricey but it could well be the last opportunity to ever see them live again. One of my biggest regrets is not seeing Lemmy in the flesh, that mistake won't happen again.

I've never seen them live so the prices are a non issue.

They are top of the bucket list and I cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I travelled to Belfast in 2013 to see them and they were absolutely fantastic.

Those doom laden riffs have to be experienced in the flesh.
    Tony Iommi is an icon, the Godfather of heavy metal in my opinion.
    To continue to play live while getting treatment for his cancer is very admirable.

The ticket prices are extortionate, but this is absolutely the last time to see a band that stands shoulder to shoulder with the Stones, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc as giants of popular music.

Its also a shame that Bill Ward isn't involved, but after seeing Tony Clufetos in action, I have no qualms about him filling in.

• Advertisement

211.20 for 2 tickets

Block F row 30 147/146

dont knw where the 118.20 tickets are located. 93.50 for standing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

€118 would be the front of the tiered seating.

Acquired a standing ticket myself.

But when is a €93.50 ticket not a €93.50 ticket?
    When you add on the €6.10 "service charge" and €1 "facility fee" per ticket.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Definitely going to consider this one, as a younger fan of theirs this may be my last/only opportunity to see them. Do people think it will sell out given the crazy prices?

bleach94 wrote: »
    Definitely going to consider this one, as a younger fan of theirs this may be my last/only opportunity to see them. Do people think it will sell out given the crazy prices?

Prices will turn a lot away and it would not surprise me to see a few sections curtained off

It will sell well as there a big band, Ozzy is well known and I don't think they played the republic with Ozzy fronting and this will be the last time we might see these guys live in the flesh

There's an avid metal/rock following in Ireland. I

It's a long time away and hopefully a good start to gigs in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

All standing all ready sold out, had to get seating:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Niall06 wrote: »
    All standing all ready sold out, had to get seating:mad:

Check again! Standing is still available, I just checked. I bought 4 at half nine and now the wife has told me she got me some for fathers day. DOH!

Tried again, tick standing and it gives me Sec GA2.
    When I look at my tickets its says Row G2 and gives me seat numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Niall06 wrote: »
    Tried again, tick standing and it gives me Sec GA2.
    When I look at my tickets its says Row G2 and gives me seat numbers??

they always do that, standing is still standing, and is still on sale

Ah good to know. Nice one I am standing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

id say theres plenty of tickets there folks. no need to panic.

Don't think many metal bands would sell put the 3arena on opening sale day

Guns n roses would I'd say, Metallica maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

We wanted standing but settled for seats.

Can't wait.

Skatedude wrote: »
    saw ozzy in mac gonagles many years ago, still my fav gig.

Are you me? :P

I always say that was my favourite gig of all time! Aimee on the stage throwing buckets of water on us.

He played a few days later in the Top Hat too from memory. Man those were good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Got a standing ticket. Can't wait for January :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

you can't not go can you

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Me and my housemate balked at the price at first then over a spirited discussion and a few cans last night quickly copped on to ourselves and got tickets this morning. It's Black Sabbath. Sure I might have to have a lash of drink to get myself going to make up for the fact that Ozzy is barely capable of doing little knee bounces in his spooky pyjamas but still!

Sure I might have to have a lash of drink to get myself going to make up for the fact that Ozzy is barely capable of doing little knee bounces in his spooky pyjamas but still!

From looking at their tour dates we are actually very lucky on that score. It is one hell of grueling schedule for them between now and next year but we are the only stop that gets a fresh Ozzy by the look of things. I guess they could add dates yet but if not (and hopefully they won't) on Jan 20th they won't have played a gig since December 4th and so we'll have an Ozzy that has put his feet up for a month an half and had a quiet Christmas of nothing too indulgent. Some mulled wine and a little stuffed roast bat maybe.

Was really disappointed when he cancelled the '03 show and so all joking aside, fingers crossed he can get through all these dates and make it one of the few genuinely great farewell tours. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Wow, what the hell does the "Ultimate experience" involve to merit this price?

• Advertisement

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Wow, what the hell does the "Ultimate experience" involve to merit this price?

Ultimate Experience package includes:
    • Standing ticket to see Black Sabbath live
    • Personal photo opportunity with Ozzy, Tony & Geezer
    • Go behind the scenes and ASK ANYTHING at the very intimate VIP Q&A session with Ozzy Osbourne... in his dressing room! (small cameras allowed)
    • Access to the Black Sabbath Soundcheck experience!
    • Drinks reception upon arrival
    • Collectible official tour VIP gift item (exclusive to VIPs)
    • Commemorative VIP laminate
    • Commemorative concert ticket
    • On-site VIP host
    Click here to read the Black Sabbath VIP ULtimate Experience Special Conditions

Mad to pay that sort of money

Advertisement