Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath - Dublin -2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

If the general admission price seems horrendous check out the meet and greet ....anyone going ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

LordHypnos wrote: »
    you can't not go can you

I for one am not going. Stupid ****ing prices imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

I for one am not going. Stupid ****ing prices imo

True enough but have you seen them before? If not, you're unlikely to see them perform here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Passenger wrote: »
    True enough but have you seen them before? If not, you're unlikely to see them perform here again.

No, I haven't. Ozzy's past it, and it's not the full lineup, so no thanks. It's just their last attempt at creaming off some more $$$ which they don't need anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If I could afford it I'd pay it. People pay huge money for worse.

The problem with these VIP meet and greets though, is that they are rarely ever die hard fans at them, it's almost always rich twats who want to impress their girlfriends or whatever.

I'd like to go the up coming Jon Bon Jovi acoustic academy gig but it's the same story there. Insane prices (€1200) which means the place will invariably just prominently packed with rich folk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

Skatedude wrote: »
    saw ozzy in mac gonagles many years ago, still my fav gig. Definitely getting tickets for this

Yeah I was at that gig as well circa 1990 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

If I could afford it I'd pay it. People pay huge money for worse.

The problem with these VIP meet and greets though, is that they are rarely ever die hard fans at them, it's almost always rich twats who want to impress their girlfriends or whatever.

I'd like to go the up coming Jon Bon Jovi but it's the same story there. Insane prices (€1200) which means the place will invariably just prominently packed with rich folk.

You could just go to see Bad Manners for 25 quid, 40th anniversary gig. Always a fun night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭furiousox

Having seen the classic line-up with Ian Gillan on vocals, I think I'll give this one a miss. ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyingbassman1

I love sabbath but the ticket prices are crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coconut56

It looks like there are no more standing tickets available. Is it likely they will release more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

coconut56 wrote: »
    It looks like there are no more standing tickets available. Is it likely they will release more?

Possibly. When they get the exact stage measurements they may release a few more, also they may put the ones they don't manage to flog on Seatwave back into circulation on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

More standing tickets available, get in quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No, I haven't. Ozzy's past it, and it's not the full lineup, so no thanks. It's just their last attempt at creaming off some more $$$ which they don't need anyway.

I've seen them twice recently, one at Download in 2012 and once in Hyde Park in 2014 - both shows were mind blowing. Definitely don't write them off just yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oh balls

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-12-09/black-sabbath-tony-iommi-more-cancer-treatment-lump-throat

hopefully its nothing serious and he will be fit for the final leg

6 weeks today til the dublin show

'Gathered in their masses' blu ray is on my santa list

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anyone have set times for this? Looking forward to seeing Rival Sons.

Bought my single ticket yesterday - best I could get was Block P near the back (no standing) so should be a big night

Will I make a bus leaving bus aras at 23.45 on Friday ???

Expecting the show to be over at around 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yeah jump on the Luas and you'll be up at the bus station in under 10mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You'd probably be quickest walking tbh, its not that far, as the luas after gigs is bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Rod Munch wrote: »
    You'd probably be quickest walking tbh, its not that far, as the luas after gigs is bananas.

+1, walk it, at least then you will know how long it will take you. You could be sitting on the Luas going no where for 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Yeah walk it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Yeah I reckon show will probably be over at about 10.30pm :( (based on a 8.45pm - 9.00pm start).

prob walk to Bus Aras after the show (wont feel it when youre walking with a crowd)

cant wait for the show, not really familar with some of there songs but its a chance to see these legends in the flesh (the pioneers of Metal music), wish Bill Ward was there but sadly hes not but the drummer they have now is fairly good i heard. Never saw Ozzy or any of the band before and prob will never see them again after the show

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

When was the last time Black Sabbath played in Ireland? Must be over 10 years?

I remember when Heaven and Hell were supposed to support some gig (Slash?) and they had to cancel when Dio died.

there playing in Cologne Germany tonight

So id exepct them to arrive in Dublin 2morrow or Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

starWave wrote: »

I remember when Heaven and Hell were supposed to support some gig (Slash?) and they had to cancel when Dio died.

Dalymount Park in 1983.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What Passenger said played Belfast 3 years ago supporting the 13 album alright, an Ozzy fronted Sabbath have yet to play Dublin...he's been here a number of times solo throughout the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

starWave wrote: »

It was Iron Maiden.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    It was Iron Maiden.

and to make up for it we got the Amazing Sweet Savage. remember they were not particually good and the crowd were not the loudest for them

Nothing could be done about why Heaven & Hell cancelled but MCD should of brought over a big name band with the 2010 UK Sonisphere festival (Maiden headlined the final night the sunday after Dublin). A lot of bands on the below poster could of served as a better support band than Sweet Savage

sonisphere-UK-2010-lineup-4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭furiousox

Passenger wrote: »
    Dalymount Park in 1983.

I remember it well...my first gig I think.

dublin83.jpg

CPL 593H

Advertisement