Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 7 "The Broken Man" - "Book readers"

• 05-06-2016 11:48am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pre empting the upcoming episode post by including some highlights from the charter. I'll try to set up each episode in advance each week; thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

This is ONLY about the specific episode! No information from any interviews etc. are allowed to be posted but book related information is allowed as well as the lore from the DVDs. Anything relating to interviews can be posted with a spoiler tag.

In addition anyone picking up 3 yellow cards will be banned from the forum for the current season; in case of serious enough transgressions the ban may come earlier than 3 cards

Thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭RoryMac

He's back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

and we're off!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,059 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Holy **** that was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Meh, not up to much I thought

Decent episode but didn't really move the story along too much. Wonder who Sansa was sending the Raven to?

For all the hype about Ian McShane it was a short lived appearance, he played the part well but I expected him to have a bigger part.

Not sure the story can take another character being brought back from the dead so I wonder will LS make an appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It was very obvious that he was always coming back but that didn't make seeing him any less awesome.

Riverlands stuff was excellent. Blackfish is just brilliant.

Loved the recruiting scenes too. Lyanna Mormont takes no shít.

So the Brotherhood without Banners seem to have abandoned their somewhat righteous path. I wonder if a certain vengeance-seeking Lady has anything to do with that?

Theon is back, finally.

Great episode from top to bottom.

Sansa letter to Littlefinger seeing as he has the knights of the vale and she and Jon need all the men they can get.

Sansa letter to Littlefinger seeing as he has the knights of the vale and she and Jon need all the men they can get.

Yeah that's it

What can Yara and Theon offer. Victarion would of had the iron fleet they have some ships but not enough,

I called Theon taking Victarions place months ago though so am pleased that happened.

Theon is a turncloak who would make a pact with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

62? :pac:

• Advertisement

62? :pac:

62 and she's actually leading them. See her at the battle camp? What a little legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I really really hope we don't see LS. One resurrected Stark-ish is enough!

This was a solid episode.

Riverland scenes spot on from the book.
    Loved seeing Maergery playing the game so beautifully, and as always Queen of Thornes <3

I'll be slightly disappointed if Sansa is just sending a raven to LF/Sweetrobin, seeing as we already know they're en route to her aid!

Yara and Theons scene was good, loved seeing her work so hard to bring him back.

Clegane!!!!!! That is all.

Was anyone else searching the faces for Brienne when Thormund came on screen? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Good episode.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the BwoB killing all those people.

Seemed a bit out of place for them?

jebidiah wrote: »
    Good episode.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the BwoB killing all those people.

Seemed a bit out of place for them?

When Beric and Thoros was in charge, yes.

With Lady Stoneheart, not so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

J. Marston wrote: »
    When Beric and Thoros was in charge, yes.

With Lady Stoneheart, not so much.
    Even with LS it would be out of character; LS wants revenge against those who betrayed her son and herself and would not give them a fair fight but has no real interest in random peasants building a church. In fact I'm wondering if it may not be a set up to get Clegane to do something for her (i.e. he kills the random dudes, get caught, he states the truth and have him set up to fight Brienne to replace the fight in the book with Jamie).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Where's Melisandre? I thought she'd be with Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Better episode than last week but God I'm bored of waiting for things to happen. It's all a bit "when are they going to get to the fireworks factory?!" at the minute.

So much for Arya sticking to the shadows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Better episode than last week but God I'm bored of waiting for things to happen. It's all a bit "when are they going to get to the fireworks factory?!" at the minute.

So much for Arya sticking to the shadows.
    Well the obvious fight would be over Winterfell which I'd guess will be this season's major fight. If they do the normal switch to the other characters next episode we'd not see that until episode 9. We're still waiting for the walkers attack on the wall but with all the running around I'd expect they save that for season 7 (need all those wildlings back at the wall after all and preferably have some knights of the valley there as well to build numbers) though maybe we could get something with the return to Mereen with the horde (though I'd expect that is saved for episode 10).

A lot of stuff is still being shoehorned in to fill the gaps. That was Thoros of Myr saying the night is dark and full of terrors I would imagine. He seemed to look at Sandor twice. I wonder will the brotherhood blame him for the slaughter. I doubt Cerseis trial will happen this season at this rate unless a redeemed Ser Loras fights for the faith and loses and we get Clegane bowl next year.

A lot of stuff is still being shoehorned in to fill the gaps. That was Thoros of Myr saying the night is dark and full of terrors I would imagine. He seemed to look at Sandor twice. I wonder will the brotherhood blame him for the slaughter. I doubt Cerseis trial will happen this season at this rate unless a redeemed Ser Loras fights for the faith and loses and we get Clegane bowl next year.

Cleganebowl surely happening this year. They'd be trolling if not. Otherwise, what the hell is the Hound going to do for three more episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Very good episode, back on form after two turkeys in a row, in fairness last week was so bad I instantly thought this episode was better as soon as we The Hound back. Bronn back really helps aswell, Blackfish is good, I love Olenna Tyrell, the high sparrow is some boy, the Queen is very cunning and it will be interesting to see what her ultimate plans are.

Also the scenes up north with Jon and Sansa were very good I thought, I hope they progress that storyline quickly although knowing GOT we probably won't see them at all next week.

And finally a girl........something actually happened to a girl, fúck me we only waited a season and a half. Hopefully that gets put to bed shortly, Ayra was great with The Hound but I've found all that stuff in Braavos a bit of a yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

So what was the sequence that Cogman said was his most favourite sequence ever filmed out off the entire series?

It was a solid episode. Ian McShane looked absolutely fantastic, quality stuff. But expected a bigger role from him. Also they are taking the Hound in a direction I didn't imagine, looks like he is returning to his true nature and a straight up revenge story.

Jaime smacking one of the Freys with his gold hand was excellent. Surprised the Blackfish was disappointed in him!

So Yara is a lesbian now? Eh, ok.

The Arya scene has to be a dream sequence or something?

Sansa, Jon and Davos all looked great. Hope Glover gets his comeuppance too. Sansa definitely writing to Littlefinger.

No Brienne which was disappointing. Could it be that the Hound ends up at Riverrun as well?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great opening to the episode, actually thought I had gotten hold of a fecetiously named copyo f the episode when I saw Ian McShane and it wasn't GoT at all, but then it slowly dawned on me what we were about to see.

I actually thought Arya was a gonner when she got stabbed, for some reason I thought the Waif had slit her throat. Surely she finds Theon now in the next episode, other option is the drama group save her I suppose.

Really enjoying this season, there's a real feel of things finally coming together and the **** starting to hit the fan at long last. Nice to be on an even pegging with folks who haven't read the books too so we can talk about where we see it going an all that.
    Cleganebowl surely happening this year. They'd be trolling if not. Otherwise, what the hell is the Hound going to do for three more episodes?

Yeah, I assumed they were setting it up for the septon to put forward the Hound as their champion at Cersei's trial, not so sure what's going to happen now though as it looks like he's heading off to the BWB and all the pious folks are dead.

Nody wrote: »
    Even with LS it would be out of character; LS wants revenge against those who betrayed her son and herself and would not give them a fair fight but has no real interest in random peasants building a church. In fact I'm wondering if it may not be a set up to get Clegane to do something for her (i.e. he kills the random dudes, get caught, he states the truth and have him set up to fight Brienne to replace the fight in the book with Jamie).

When Brienne is captured by the Brotherhood, Thoros talks about they have fallen and how "War makes monsters of us all."

So while killing Freys and Lannisters is LSH's main goal, the Brotherhood has taken a cruel turn under her.

There has been some really bad writing over the last few seasons but Yara's "I'm going to **** the tits off that one" really takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

There has been some really bad writing over the last few seasons but Yara's "I'm going to **** the tits off that one" really takes the biscuit.

Strap-ons in Essos confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Bad poosi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Lesbian Yara makes sense, she's be seen as more of a man and there's no chance of getting preggo.

I also have a theory that Syrio Forrel will save Arya, he can see through glamours in the books (can't remember if it was brought up in the show) so can help fight the waif.

Clegane being all holy will make him a perfect candidate for being the Faith's champion for the trial. If this turns into a be repeat of the Mountain and the Viper ending i will be so pissed!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely she finds Theon now in the next episode, other option is the drama group save her I suppose.
    With next episode name I think it's quite telling the likely outcome.
    Nice to be on an even pegging with folks who haven't read the books too so we can talk about where we see it going an all that.
    There are still at least two arcs that are behind the books with BWB / Lady SH and the Riverlands story arcs currently and I'd argue that even the Sandviper arc is behind on the show.
    rawn wrote: »
    Clegane being all holy will make him a perfect candidate for being the Faith's champion for the trial. If this turns into a be repeat of the Mountain and the Viper ending i will be so pissed!
    Well Clegane needs to die but I'd guess as a final act he wrenches the helm of the mountain to show him being a zombie forcing an outright fight between the church and the state is the likely outcome here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Great opening to the episode, actually thought I had gotten hold of a fecetiously named copyo f the episode when I saw Ian McShane and it wasn't GoT at all, but then it slowly dawned on me what we were about to see.

I actually thought Arya was a gonner when she got stabbed, for some reason I thought the Waif had slit her throat. Surely she finds Theon now in the next episode, other option is the drama group save her I suppose.

Really enjoying this season, there's a real feel of things finally coming together and the **** starting to hit the fan at long last. Nice to be on an even pegging with folks who haven't read the books too so we can talk about where we see it going an all that.

Yeah, I assumed they were setting it up for the septon to put forward the Hound as their champion at Cersei's trial, not so sure what's going to happen now though as it looks like he's heading off to the BWB and all the pious folks are dead.

Yeah I was thinking the same about Arya finding Theon as I thought the iron fleet were in Bravos but the ship captain that Arya was bribing said the fleet was in slaver's bay so I'm not sure now.

Advertisement