Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 Thread (Network Unlockable) - - - - -

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Just for some people who still think about purchasing smart ultra 7..

I have it since last year...it was already repaired for warranty.... Speaker went..

Now its a snail...i mean i am not power user but Jesus this thing is slow... You dont need 50, apps... Whatsapp..youtube..showbox..nothing more.. the phone will freeze and shutter.... Gsming is not an option here. I dont wanna go into build quality as its very poor...
    Data goes from 3g inti roaming...and important for me you cant not force perma 4g.... It always override to 3g even when 4g available,menu *#*#4646#*#* doesnt help..

Battery last barely a day...the menu button wigles way too much...

For anybody that thinking about smart ultra 7 stay clear... I have purchased zuk z2 from lenovo thst is on discount for 159$ thats about 150e.. with 4gb ram 64gb rom and SD 820.... Cant beat that....

Not mentioning that there is none existent custom rom.... One czech guy on xda trying hard to copy other roms basically just using similar spec phone roms and frankenstaining them...

Root is possible but still not a real help. I am sad.. as i had a really high hopes after smart ultra 6 success

If you need a phone as backup ok fine buy it..but certainly not for a daily usage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd say the ultra 8 will be on the way shortly. June last year the 7 came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭cletus

Picking this phone up today, will be unlocking it. I'm looking to root the phone, there are suggestions it can be done, but on xdadeveloper people are complaining that its not working, and people are also having issues with kingoroot.

If anybody could point me to the correct corner of the interwebz to find a stsble and safe method of rooting this phone, I'd be much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Evening All

I've had difficulty unlocking...happy that IMEI number is correct...got the same Unlock code from two different suppliers but neither being accepted !!. Could someone please email unlock supplier that has worked for them ?.

I'm now down to six attempts left !!.

Many thanks,
    K

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Evening All

Just an update on my unlocking issues for the Ultra 7. I had tried two Ebay suppliers...both with good satisfaction ratings...and got the same code from both. Code didn't work.

In sheer desperation (my wife was waiting for her new phone !!) I tried a third. This one asked specifically for the Provider ID, i.e the "VFD 2AVDIE1" reference on the phone box. This resulted in a different unlock code which worked perfectly.

When I look back at the failed codes...I can see reference to a Provider ID of "...GB..". I supplied the correct IMEI number to both but they never asked for the Provider ID. So that's my lesson learnt - IMEI number PLUS Provider ID.

In case this helps anyone.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was very happy with mine since i got it last September as a work phone but have had a few niggles with it recently.
    Firstly, the volume rocker stopped working properly. Must bring it back to be fixed at some point.
    Secondly, and much more frustratingly, the battery is reducing at a ridiculously fast rate.
    Google Services is the main drain at double the screen rate! For example, yesterday the screen was using 9% but Services was using 34%!!

Anyway, activated Developer Mode and ran a Bug Report and sent it to a mate in Google.
    Turns out there's an icing issue with a database indexer and they're looking into it.

Not too bothered if the phone ends up useless as I can get another work one but I'd be giving serious consideration to not getting it as a personal phone and may look elsewhere to replace my Jurassic aged Nexus 4!!

Advertisement