Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 Thread (Network Unlockable) - - - - -

Options
  • 27-05-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

As StereoSoind said in the Smart Ultra 6 thread, Vodafone Turkey have the Smart Ultra 7 on their website, so I thought it deserved a new thread.

aragorn.png

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150997653549
    Technicial Specifications
    Dimensions
    152.2 x 78.12 x 8.68 mm
    Design
    150 g Weight
    Operating System
    Android ™ 6.0, Marshmallow
    Processor
    4x1.8 GHz + 4x1.0 GHz (8 Core) Mediatek processor
    Memory
    16 GB Internal Memory
    Performance
    2 GB RAM
    Display
    5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080)
    IPS technologies in
    Battery
    2950 mAh
    Qualcomm ™ Quick Charge ™ 2.0
    Connection
    GSM / EDGE / 3G / HSPA + / LTE-CAT4U
    Camera
    13MP rear, 5 MP front camera
    Geotagging
    Face Detection
    HDR
    Other features
    WiFi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS, NFC, HD Audio
    Box Contents
    Vodafone Smart Ultra 7,
    Charger,
    USB Cable, Headset
    Quick Start Guide,
    Product Safety Information,
    Mobile Phone User's Guide

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Patww79 wrote: »

I dont think so. No mention of it on their e-guide (with the help of google translate)

EDIT: Its just a home button. (I read their FAQ with pictures)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Mediatek chip is a bit of a downgrade from the 6 eh?

The only real additions are that it's a better looking phone, quick charge and the latest Android software

Hopefully it'll be unlockable like the Smart Ultra 6

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

There is also a Smart pro 7 with a quad HD amoled screen and 3gb ram which is pretty high end, I wonder will it be sold here also along with the ultra 7?

The ultra 7 does seem a small upgrade over the 6 but still a much better looking design. That octacore mediatek processor is running at 1.8ghz so it would be an upgrade over the 6 in terms of performance surely.

The only real additions are that it's a better looking phone, quick charge and the latest Android software

The new flagship is the Smart Pro 7, just saw it. Its the new flagship with much beter specs than the Ultra 7 :eek:
    It has a Qualcomm processor
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99861316

There is also a Smart pro 7 with a quad HD amoled screen and 3gb ram which is pretty high end, I wonder will it be sold here also along with the ultra 7?

The ultra 7 does seem a small upgrade over the 6 but still a much better looking design. That octacore mediatek processor is running at 1.8ghz so it would be an upgrade over the 6 in terms of performance surely.

I hope so! I hope its unlockable too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

shame the new smart Ultra 7 has MTK chip in it now - never been a fan in the past especially on the GPS satellite find part - still looks good though.

I like the camera placement on this new SU7 .. i keep covering the on on my SU6 with my finger when taking photos sometimes

• Advertisement

is that a hardware home button i see at the bottom of the screen? - looks like it. - I wonder if it lights up as notification LED same as on SU6? - if it does it be cool if it was multicolored light this time. ... or maybe they have shifted the notification LED to top of phone maybe?

MTK are not too had, I wouldn't panic about it as the 615 in the Ultra 6 was fine but no beast either. My ultra 6 throttled a lot under load so I only use it now as a spare phone really.

is that a hardware home button i see at the bottom of the screen? - looks like it. - I wonder if it lights up as notification LED same as on SU6? - if it does it be cool if it was multicolored light this time. ... or maybe they have shifted the notification LED to top of phone maybe?

Yes, its the home button according to the faq/manual. You can use Google translate on the turkish site and go into the manual/faq.

looks like its got a non-slip back on it - thats a plus!

The Smart Ultra 7 looks like its out on the July 1st in Turkey and also the Smart Pro 7 (as shown in a pic posted by Boardsie Detective Stormington in the Smart Pro 7 thread)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99873924&postcount=27

Google tells me "Temmuz" is July

422478929367.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

This is available on the Vodafone site now. €199

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-7-pay-as-you-go-black

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

bajer101 wrote: »

Helio P10 CPU, hmmm....

Id be curious to go into Vodafone to see the build quality just to compare it to what the ultra 6 was like.

Id be curious to go into Vodafone to see the build quality just to compare it to what the ultra 6 was like.

Id be curious to see who made it and if its unlockable. Ill ask in the VF forum :D

Edit: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057612638

• Advertisement

Not all of Vodafone's phones afaik. Cant remember the other brand off the top off my head though... I think maybe Alcatel or some other brand like that

The Smart Ultra 7 is made by Alcatel...so probably not unlockable :(

Source: the user manual

The Smart Ultra 7 is made by Alcatel...so probably not unlockable :(

Source: the user manual

If that's true then they dont want a repeat of what a lot of others done including myself did, straight to eBay for a 2 snots unlock code lol.
    I unlocked my ultra 6 before I even took it out of the box. Had the eBay seller at hand before I Walked into the store and did it over a cup of coffee in Costa.

Smart Platinum is a much higher end model. Ultra 7 is the successor to the Ultra 6 and a minor upgrade to it if any at all.

I played with a demo model of the ultra 7 today.....Not bad at all. Nice looking phone. Not jittery navigating around it. Looks like a OnePlus 2 at the front, but the back is a cheapy feeling silver plastic material. For 199 it's ok BUT do be aware the moto G4 is being launched in the argos for 207 and it's a lot more premium so you do the math on that one...

Moto G4 is unlocked to:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Has anyone seen a decent review of this phone or bought one themselves.
    Wouldn't pay €400 for the platinum but this seems like a reasonable alternative

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the back is flimsy - a decent cover will fix that

faster than the su6 at processing

takes a nano sim which can be inserted by tacking off the back cover

most of the bloatware is easily uninstalled

navigates well

only first impressions so far

• Advertisement

oh no, dont say its made by Alcatel - is it really! , ZTE (as in SU6)as a handset manufacturer much much better

Advertisement