Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 Thread (Network Unlockable) - - - - -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New software update installed . must be to fix some bugs in the system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Nowso wrote: »
    New software update installed . must be to fix some bugs in the system

How is the phone running for you? Have you benchmarked it yet? You gonna try get it unlocked?

How is the phone running for you? Have you benchmarked it yet? You gonna try get it unlocked?

just get
    ting use to it did the 3d benchmark ran well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Nowso wrote: »
    just get
    ting use to it did the 3d benchmark ran well

Going by this response it must be hard to type :pac:

was in a bit of a rush when typing this morning

the Radio app could be a bit better is the only real down so far using the new software upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PAndroid

It doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade no more than the prime 7 which is if anything a down grade apart from the ease to unlock it prime 6 which I'm using now is a nightmare. I had the ultra 6 and loved it but the build quality didn't do it for me and swapped it for a iPhone s5 which I sold and am now using the dreaded prime 6.

Chinese made phones look the part and that's probably my next step with a ulefone future

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

PAndroid wrote: »
    Chinese made phones look the part and that's probably my next step with a ulefone future

Im waiting on a UMI Rome X 3g phone for €58eur from china (or europe warehouse hopefully) lol - I dont have and dont reckon i will ever have a 4G plan.

if it lives up to specs, its supposed to have a pretty good 13mp (true i think, not interpolated) sony camera on the rear and pretty good screen and battery standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Has anyone been able to unlock this? Dont see unlock codes on Ebay. Presumably unlock codes for the SU6 won't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

cup of tea wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to unlock this? Dont see unlock codes on Ebay. Presumably unlock codes for the SU6 won't work?

No they are different models.

Give it abit if time it's still just been released.

cup of tea wrote: »

Its made by Alcatel, not Zte like the Ultra 6 was. So it probably will only be unlocked by VF if you spend over €XXX in credit.

• Advertisement

Balls, told my mate to get the SU6 but they only had the 7 and he was planning on unlocking to three. Not much he can do no?

Balls, told my mate to get the SU6 but they only had the 7 and he was planning on unlocking to three. Not much he can do no?

wait a little while if he wants .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PAndroid

Im waiting on a UMI Rome X 3g phone for €58eur from china (or europe warehouse hopefully) lol - I dont have and dont reckon i will ever have a 4G plan.

if it lives up to specs, its supposed to have a pretty good 13mp (true i think, not interpolated) sony camera on the rear and pretty good screen and battery standby.

im willing to spend up to 200 for a decent phone. torn between a few but for battery the umi power looks amazing with a huge battery and decent reviews alround

PAndroid wrote: »
    ... the umi power looks amazing....

do you mean the Ulefone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Mines running on 6.0

should be an update on the way if your on 5.1

Patww79 wrote: »

Mine was 6 when i got it and was had an ota update added to that the other day . u sure u got the smart ultra 7 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

Its only 135 pounds, in the uk. 165 or so at the moment in euros. :)
    Bought one the other day. I have the 6 but it is disappointing that its not zte. I wanted to unlock it.

Any unlocks?

• Advertisement

youd think with the sucess vodafone had with the ZTE SU6 devicethat they would have stuck with ZTE as the manufacturer for the succesor of the SU6 rather than alcatel . like the ZTE Blade V7 and re-badged it vodafone

Good news everyone, there is an unlock available on eBay.Just got my 7 unlocked. Happy days.

Buy from the UK. Its only 135 pounds.

My only 2 down sides are the button to unlock, you need to give a good push to get it to work.

I also made a small scratch on the screen the first day. I had keys in the same pocket. So be careful. I ordered a screen protector. Great phone for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

mcdonnst wrote: »
    Good news everyone, there is an unlock available on eBay.Just got my 7 unlocked. Happy days.

My only 2 down sides are the button to unlock, you need to give a good push to get it to work.

I also made a small scratch on the screen the first day. I had keys in the same pocket. So be careful. I ordered a screen protector. Great phone for the price.

How does it compare to the 6 hands on? Specs seem very similar, I'm wondering does the different manufacturer make a difference?

has it got good camera quality on it?

Had a look, couldn't find one. Link?

faster loading , uninstalling etc
    easier to handle than 6

I bought it in store. Not sure about buying online direct with Vodafone. Its only just out in the UK. Should come up on amazon soon I'd say.

Its not a major improvement. Look nicer, ( I had a silve/white 6 was much nicer than the black Orish one) running 6. Seems to respond faster. Camera seems about the same.

Maybe you can buy off vodafone.co.uk and use parcel motel for a UK address.

not wishing to speak for deadanonymau5 but maybe he was asking for the link for the unlock code? - maybe? ... just surmising like

• Advertisement

not wishing to speak for deadanonymau5 but maybe he was asking for the link for the unlock code? - maybe? ... just surmising like

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Unlock-Code-VFD-700-V700-Vodafone-Ultra-7-Unlocking-Pin-Fast-/150997653549?nav=SEARCH

Advertisement