Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 Thread (Network Unlockable) - - - - -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

not wishing to speak for deadanonymau5 but maybe he was asking for the link for the unlock code? - maybe? ... just surmising like
    mcdonnst wrote: »

Yeah, Andy was right.

Thanks, Ill ask a mod to update OP, should be handy for anyone looking to get the SU7. The seller seems to be away so thats probably why I couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Seeing as the Ultra 7 can be unlocked makes it more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

nice n cheap unlock code like the SU6 ... in fact I think its cheaper! - the SU6 was €3 or thereabouts I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Seeing as the Ultra 7 can be unlocked makes it more attractive.

True, although it would be hard to choose over the Moto G4, or G4 Plus for a bit extra and better specs/features.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

Quick tip for any Android phone.

1. Go into developer mode. (In settings, About, Press Build 10x times, go back out and find developer options)

2. Set the animations from 1x speed to 0.5x speed. (There are two options to change)

It makes the animations like scrolling and opening folders,apps appear faster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I'd be interested to see how the GPS performance is. See if the MTK processers have improved.

Quick tip for any Android phone.

1. Go into developer mode. (In settings, About, Press Build 10x times, go back out and find developer options)

2. Set the animations from 1x speed to 0.5x speed. (There are two options to change)

It makes the animations like scrolling and opening folders,apps appear faster.

on all my previous phones I have gone one better and set them to zero animations. makes phones much faster.

I use a good app also to keep phone working efficiantly called 'app cache cleaner' from the play store

I'd be interested to see how the GPS performance is. See if the MTK processers have improved.

yes GPS used to be desperate on the older MTK processors. There used to be fixes from play store (I think one was called GPS fix) and other work arounds but still slow at seeing/finding the satellites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Does any one know how to uninstall the Vodafone apps, like messenge+ , call+ etc.
    I've "force stopped" it and tried to disable but they keep popping up.
    Will unlocking it help?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

Is it possible to order this from Vodafone uk? Save a few quid

• Advertisement

Mate of mine picked this up and got it unlocked. However the lack of Vodafone Sim card in it means it does awkward things when trying to make a call (keeps asking to set default app), is there a way to get rid of this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

UNlocked quick n worked perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Mate of mine picked this up and got it unlocked. However the lack of Vodafone Sim card in it means it does awkward things when trying to make a call (keeps asking to set default app), is there a way to get rid of this?

i think... when i got my smart ultra 6 that the phone icon in the bottom left of the screen wasn't actually the normal make phonecall button, it was some vodafone specific app, check the menu and see if there is a different one just under the name "phone" and drag that over there instead

eldamo wrote: »
    i think... when i got my smart ultra 6 that the phone icon in the bottom left of the screen wasn't actually the normal make phonecall button, it was some vodafone specific app, check the menu and see if there is a different one just under the name "phone" and drag that over there instead

Thanks, I look like a genius :p

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dom17

tried to buy off vodafone.uk at 112 sterling but cant seem to purchase without adding a bundle to it. Anyone bought from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

Hey guys. OK in have had the phone for about 3 weeks. The 6 is a much better phone. I have ordered two screen protecters and both havent arrived. My screen us scratched to pieces. No phone like it before. Build quality is poor. It is also starting to be slow and glitchy. Don't upgrade to the 7. The 6 is a better phone by far.

Hey guys. OK in have had the phone for about 3 weeks. The 6 is a much better phone. I have ordered two screen protecters and both havent arrived. My screen us scratched to pieces. No phone like it before. Build quality is poor. It is also starting to be slow and glitchy. Don't upgrade to the 7. The 6 is a better phone by far.

is the 7 made by Alcatel or is that the platinum thats made by Alcatel?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭colinod

Is this phone mhl compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

How do you brighten the screen to use the Glide app?
    Its very dark cannot see watch or record using glide video message app.
    Tips welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Looking to order this as a replacement for the SU6. Am going to get it off the UK site as I will save a few bob. Just wondering is there anyway around not paying for the extra £10 bundle on top of the £135 price?

• Advertisement

a New software update out today is crashing the phone

need to wait a bit and recover it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

Nowso wrote: »
    a New software update out today is crashing the phone

need to wait a bit and recover it

I had the same issue, posted it in the Vodafone forum.

Excuse my ignorance, is there any chance this is not a genuine vodafone update or contains some sort of malicious software?

no likely a manufacturers update

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Just wondering if anyone had issues with apps not launching properly? Specifically Facebook messenger, when I open it I just get a blank white screen. Also some games (relatively small ones that ran fine on my vf smart 3) crash about a second after I open them.

New firmware update . coming through . more a security / glitch fix update i presume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How are people finding this one compared to the SU6?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How are people finding this one compared to the SU6?

Slower. Su6 is a better phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Slower. Su6 is a better phone.

Agree with this, the 7 looks slightly better but otherwise the 6 is a much better phone all round performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Just bought an Ultra 7 for the oul one to replace her prime 6. who do you recommend on eBay to unlock this? Got 20 off the phone by porting a sim I never use so paid 139 for the phone.

*Never mind I just bought a code for 99p sterling a minute ago on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DeeBhoy

Yeah dont bother buying screen cracked on mine Vodafone quoted €130 to get it fixed..... so going to shop around to see if it can be fixed for cheaper....

Advertisement