Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

23.5 in Westport at 14:30. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I can safely say that June 2016 has certainly gotten off to an awesome start (not even). My statistics so far for June:

Rainfall: 0.0mm (0% of the LTA)
    Mean temperature: 13.8c (+1.5c above the LTA)
    Sunshine: 44 hours (223% of the 4-day June LTA) (up to 14:00 on June 4th) (25% of the whole June LTA)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah when me Junior Cert begins, of course :(:mad:

:eek: You're only in Junior Cert!!

Mars Bar wrote: »

Yes I know it's very unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah we need the youngins to carry on the work of the boardsies when the rest of us go to the pearly gates!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nudging 24C now (23.8) in North Offaly. Highest of 2016 so far for my station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Putting everyone here to shame.;):D;)

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Putting everyone here to shame.;):D

What? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

What? :confused:

I'm only joking with you.
    You have really top weather reports.
    It makes it the weather forum very interesting.
    The quality of your posts belies your age.
    (I mean that as a compliment).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1pm ,met reports, Newport Co.Mayo 23 degrees......Mount Dillon also 23 degrees

Both reporting 24c at 3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sure I remember when Weathercheck was posting here at around that age.

I have to say though, this info...explains some things ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

When can I expect some rain in Galway? Thinking of putting out some weedkiller this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

When can I expect some rain in Galway? Thinking of putting out some weedkiller this weekend.
    Fecking Killjoy !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Don't do weedkiller.. :(
    Pull out the weeds, strim them, or learn to love them. I hate that brown strip weedkiller leaves outside peoples gates/walls. Can never understand why it seems preferable to some than lovely weeds.

To be somewhat on topic, clouded over here in NW (Sligo-ish direction) this afternoon, though it has been a hell of a ride these past 2 weeks. LOVING IT!
    (More please.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gone a bit cloudier here the last hour which is a bit of a bummer. Still lovely and warm but not quite as nice as when we were all stuck at work all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

WOW
    I actually can't believe that
    Your reports and historical reports are top notch
    It's fantastic to see someone so young with such an interest in the science of the weather
    Fair play and keep it up !
    Mother Nature is a fascinating entity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Weather in Galway is FANTASTIC
    There is no more to say
    Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

km79 wrote: »
    Weather in Galway is FANTASTIC
    There is no more to say
    Enjoy

Yep - it's FANTASTIC
    It's 23.1C at the moment in Galway city and its standing room only on the beach in Salthill. This is shaping up to be an epic bank holiday weekend, weather wise & every wise!!!! :)

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Gone cloudy in North Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Maxed at 24.7c in south Laois this afternoon before the cloud rolled in. Probably would have been higher only for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Gone Cloudy and grey in wicklow town.
    I think there a mist/cloud comming in off sea temp has fell back to 16c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann 7pm reports, Shannon Airport 24 degrees. Gurteen and Mount Dillon at 23 degrees. warm out! 22.2 here in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

It's great reading everyone's temperatures from around the country. A bank holiday to remember. I'm sitting inside after a day in the sun. Getting ready shortly for fee cold ones in a beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Today for me was an identical day synopitcally to the good summer spells of 2014. Fantastic morning and early afternoon where temperatures peaked, followed by rapid cloud development into total cloud cover, then a return to clear conditions in the evening time when there's not much heat left in the sun at that point. E/SE breezes are a killer for kicking off convection over land, leaving that famous strip of clear down the East Coast all the way around to Waterford (Bigger band of cloud drifting overland upsetting that part though!) and a few other areas that seem to avoid it.

Worried regards cloud for the next few days, it's always a frustrating one when scope is there for some 20+ degree weather but it to thrwarted by clouds. It always seems some favoured areas get away with it and other areas are always impacted. At least today even under cloud cover it was still enjoyably warm. Do fear for my location, always seem to get cloudy afternoons when the wind comes from the East.

Still think at some point Wednesday we will see a possible 27 degree spot or two (Shannon or Mt Dillon seem to be very warm spots for high temperature watches the last while, always fighting to be the hottest in the country).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Greetings from Costa Del Galway
    Weather: scorchio. The sand is too hot to walk on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Calibos

snubbleste wrote: »
    Greetings from Costa Del Galway
    Weather: scorchio. The sand is too hot to walk on

Groan...

I hate it when people add 'Costa Del' to the name of their town anytime the Sun comes out.

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My respect for you grows, I thought you were far older, makes me feel ancient :P
    Your weather reporting is so good and you have so much info.
    You will end up at Met Eireann at this rate.

Anyway, here in Kilkenny...got to 22.7C before the cloud rolled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Today earlier felt like the warmest day so far...it got cloudy then mid afternoon. Was this just in the east of the country it rolled in?

road_high wrote: »
    Today earlier felt like the warmest day so far...it got cloudy then mid afternoon. Was this just in the east of the country it rolled in?

East of the country? It has been blue skies at Grange here in Dublin 13 since 12:00 and I am probably sweating the most ever in my life - that is how muggy it is here and I have me windows opened :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

East of the country? It has been blue skies at Grange here in Dublin 13 since 12:00 and I am probably sweating the most ever in my life - that is how muggy it is here and I have me windows opened :P.

I was in South Wexford all day and it was a scorcher,got near to Wexford town on the way home and it was cloudy.Nothing but blue skies behind me this evening.Grey skies overhead here in Enniscorthy.

Advertisement