Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

When Met Eireann stated that there would be local cloud I didn't think it would be completely fecking overcast.

Remarkably warm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Wall to wall sunshine in Westport. 22c. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoy it folks.

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Wall to wall sunshine in Westport. 22c. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoy it folks.

I'll try

Carnacalla wrote: »
    When Met Eireann stated that there would be local cloud I didn't think it would be completely fecking overcast.

Remarkably warm though.

Sun finally attempting to re-emerge after a nice 3 hours behind the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

23.2C in Castlebar currently, lovely blue skies again but feeling more humid then the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Partly cloudy and a respectable 22.2C in Galway city - I could get used to this :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A fresher day overall with a Max of 18.5c so far. Still lots of sunshine but that bit breezier than of late.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1600 reports- 23 degrees at Shannon airport. 13 degrees at Malin head.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Minus 23 Boss ...lol :pac::D

635888400062782417_471325728_cold.jpg
    gifs upload

1800 reports 23 at Shannon and Malin head 13c.

Is time progressing at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It got to 22.7C here. Warmest day of the year for me.

I love summer and a bit of heat.

8pm reports , Mount Dillon Roscommon 21 degrees. it really is a lovely spell of good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I wonder is this fine spell preluding something more ominous for the rest of the summer? Both June 2007 and 2009 started fine and warm and then...

What about June 2013 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Anyone with more knowledge have input on next Wednesday current model output?

Looks like it will be the hottest day of the spell to me, warm southerly flow with the warmest uppers we've seen....don't see why it couldn't reach above 25 degrees in places in extended sunshine. ME or MT (in his latest update) haven't flagged it for being overly warm compared the current days.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Anyone with more knowledge have input on next Wednesday current model output?

Looks like it will be the hottest day of the spell to me, warm southerly flow with the warmest uppers we've seen....don't see why it couldn't reach above 25 degrees in places in extended sunshine. ME or MT haven't flagged it for being overly warm compared the current days.

My guess is sunshine and showers with temperatures around the 17-22c range, no higher, no lower.

M.T. is now saying temperatures of 21-25c on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Glorious morning here today the last week has been a pleasure the long evenings are fantastic I can't get enough of it. I'm sure it will break eventual it'll be very hard to get back to what passes as normal summer weather them. But this is fab

Glorious morning here today the last week has been a pleasure the long evenings are fantastic I can't get enough of it. I'm sure it will break eventual it'll be very hard to get back to what passes as normal summer weather them. But this is fab

Overcast here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Overcast here :(

Should clear up in an hour or two hopefully

Temperature wise, West is going to do very well today in a light easterly flow, belmullet is already 20 degrees on the 10am reports and I can tell you there's not many days of the year that happens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Temperature wise, West is going to do very well today in a light easterly flow, belmullet is already 20 degrees on the 10am reports and I can tell you there's not many days of the year that happens!

20C here in Offaly at 11AM. That's 3 degrees higher than this time yesterday when the max was 22.6. I'm guessing 24 or a bit higher possible but cloud bubbling up might hold that back. Still a great spell of weather. Cannot complain of low twenties and mostly sunny skies.

patneve2 wrote: »
    Should clear up in an hour or two hopefully

Yeah I'm gradually seeing the clouds disappear slowly. I can see some blue skies trapped in between them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Already 22C in Castlebar and not a cloud in the sky, temperatures are doing well from Mayo up to Donegal so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has hit 22c in Kildare now despite some high cloud that is burning off quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

23.1 in Westport now. Will be hot out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tis SCORCHING in east galway
    Twill be warm in a wedding suit today !

1pm ,met reports, Newport Co.Mayo 23 degrees......Mount Dillon also 23 degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Nice little "blow torch" stretching up from Iberia on Wednesday according to the latest GFS run

Rtavn1081.gif

It is sparkling now with blue skies and very warm!

• Advertisement

patneve2 wrote: »
    Nice little "blow torch" stretching up from Iberia on Wednesday according to the latest GFS run

Rtavn1081.gif

Yeah when me Junior Cert begins, of course :(:mad:

Advertisement