Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Sun has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

LEIN wrote: »
    Sun has arrived.

Here also, for the first time today.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Here also, for the first time today.

Decent clear spells too.

Fact: If this July turns out duller than normal overall then 10 of the Julys since 2001 have been duller than normal - way too much considering it's 10/16 of the Julys since then.

If this July turns out dull, we are overdue a very sunny July next year. COME ON MOTHER NATURE. And as a plus, Julys starting on a Saturday tend to be good, recent Julys starting on a Saturday (2006, 2000, 1995, 1989) - All of these were good Julys and good summers also.

Clear spell didn't last.

Mostly cloudy again with a light shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is there anything special about today in terms of it feeling heavy? I have been exhausted all day and I can't think of any other reason other then the weather! Happens sometimes on days when it feels heavy!

I thought it waa just me - went to do work in garden and just couldn't get moving.

Can't wait till 8 when I'm "allowed" to pour a wee dram of Edradour cask whisky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

past few hours have been real nice, warm with sunny spells and enjoying a bbq.

Breeze has die down since the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Strange day. In the morning it was so damn humid (90% according to Met.ie). The sun was out yet it was misting so impossible to dress for it.

Then the evening got real cool with a breeze.

I hate the Irish summers. July and August tend to be some of the worst months of the year. Even when you get good weather it tends to be very sticky.

I would take the cold bright blue skies that you can get in the winter over days like today.

Strange thing is we haven't had much rain over the last 3 months. Just being very overcast.

With warmer oceans I guess this is the trend.

Wouldn't it be great to get just one month of guaranteed good weather.

It is Ireland I know.

Strange day. In the morning it was so damn humid (90% according to Met.ie). The sun was out yet it was misting so impossible to dress for it.

Then the evening got real cool with a breeze.

I hate the Irish summers. July and August tend to be some of the worst months of the year. Even when you get good weather it tends to be very sticky.

I would take the cold bright blue skies that you can get in the winter over days like today.

Strange thing is we haven't had much rain over the last 3 months. Just being very overcast.

With warmer oceans I guess this is the trend.

Wouldn't it be great to get just one month of guaranteed good weather.

It is Ireland I know.

Oh the month will come, just have to wait. Think back to months like April 2015, September 2014, June 2014 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

YesTeray was the day to disappoint

Promised widespread sunny spells after lunch on met eireann on Friday

Then some sunny spells on Saturday

Reality constant drizzle n a few short sunny spells

Mist makes me angry

Does it you?

WARNING theyr promising sunshine and "passing" heavy showers in ireland tomorrow

Reality
    It will last rain in the northwest a lot of the day with an hour of sun in between 25mm of rain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first poor day here in a while, drizzle and damp.

Today is a repeat performance of yesterday. Feeling cool though it's humid in reality with cloudy skies but dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice warm reasonably sunny day here. Breezy ok but a lot better than the permanent grey gloom we've had for a lot of the summer.

Nice warm reasonably sunny day here. Breezy ok but a lot better than the permanent grey gloom we've had for a lot of the summer.

Yeah the one time I'm doom and gloom but you're sunny :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Horrible day in Castlebar, wet, cold and windy, feels more like Autumn.

So it shows that by Friday after a band of rain pushes through Thursday, low pressure will centre to the east of the UK whilst winds come from the Arctic? :eek: Back to August 2014 conditions then. Giving an example of a day in August 2014 as reference

18 August - Quite a showery, cool day with a northerly wind stream and sunny spells from time to time. Temperatures of only 14-17c, some places even had only 13c.

This northerly air stream back in August 2014 produced my coldest August night on record with a minimum of -1.0c, also my coldest Summer night on record.

If this was Winter, I wouldn't mind it at all (cough cough January 2010's setup at the start) but this Summer for god sake.

Should have expected this tbh anyway because nature has a funny way of evening things out with a warm week like the one just gone.

Just shows the variation that occurs though Syran. I can't emphasise enough that this has been a very very average summer in Munster.

turning brighter here now, feeling warm enough again.

• Advertisement

Gone cloudy here now quite blustery too actually. Disappointing after a couple of nice hours.

Gone cloudy here now quite blustery too actually. Disappointing after a couple of nice hours.

And it's become nice here now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Rotten morning in Arklow
    Glorious hot sunny afternoon and another 22c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Rotten morning in Arklow
    Glorious hot sunny afternoon and another 22c

I think 22c being described as being hot is a bit of an overstatement! Still, it is quite pleasant, rather windy now in north kildare

much more average conditions this coming week with temps struggling in the mid teens, maybe high teens in a few lucky places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just shows the variation that occurs though Syran. I can't emphasise enough that this has been a very very average summer in Munster.

Albeit it was a lovely weekend here in Cork. Was sitting out for much of it.

Albeit it was a lovely weekend here in Cork. Was sitting out for much of it.

Agreed it wasn't a bad weekend at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The weekend was rather dissapointing in the Limerick area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

highdef wrote: »
    I think 22c being described as being hot is a bit of an overstatement! Still, it is quite pleasant, rather windy now in north kildare

It wouldn't be hot under the shield the Davis thermometer is located but it would have been hot and certainly felt hot in the sun when I was typing
    Anyway cloudy this morning with the sun trying to break through and a fresh 15c
    That's 2 c colder than in yesterday mornings rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely weekend in Dublin...

Bit of cloud and rain yesterday morning but cleared off by early afternoon.

Advertisement