Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thank you for confirming my worst fears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What a difference a few days make, car showing outside temp of 12 degrees in a cool North wind in Galway, this time last week it was around 18/19 degrees.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temps here have struggled at 13/14C since Monday, a complete contrast to the previous 2 to 3 weeks. It was almost cold enough yesterday evening to put the heating on. Still chilly today and everyone wrapped up in their winter woolies.

This weekend will be mostly rubbish, next week see's unsettled theme continuing but at least it should be a good deal milder and maybe even warm at times during any sunny spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    temps here have struggled at 13/14C since Monday, a complete contrast to the previous 2 to 3 weeks. It was almost cold enough yesterday evening to put the heating on. Still chilly today and everyone wrapped up in their winter woolies.

This weekend will be mostly rubbish, next week see's unsettled theme continuing but at least it should be a good deal milder and maybe even warm at times during any sunny spells.

At Grange - not very far from you, yesterday was the only day so far this June with a temperature below 17c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Its not a nice today and with a poor enough outlook I'm getting a little anxious here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    At Grange - not very far from you, yesterday was the only day so far this June with a temperature below 17c.

it rained here most of Monday and Tuesday and drizzled for much of yesterday. Wednesday was the only day this week which was decent. Still 13C right now, don't think we can get much higher than that today.

Gonzo wrote: »
    it rained here most of Monday and Tuesday and drizzled for much of yesterday. Wednesday was the only day this week which was decent. Still 13C right now, don't think we can get much higher than that today.

I only recorded more than 0.5mm on Monday this week.

It doesn't feel like near like what this week's Grange statistics are telling me with the exception of the sun.

Rainfall: 9.3mm (78% of the LTA)
    Mean temperature: 14.0c (+1.7c above the LTA - what the hell)
    Sunshine: 16.2 hours (37% of the LTA) - could potentially be my third dullest June week in my records

The mean temperature is +1.7c above the LTA? :confused:

Not only that, my whole June mean temperature is still at 15.3c (+3.0c above the LTA).

feeling chilly again today, just managed to scrape a 15C today. The sun has barely been seen since Wednesday and there is alot of rain on the way over the next few hours and most of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sun has been peeping in and out of the clouds for most of the day in north meath, looks like i may make the most of it while it lasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Raining since 11am here, wasn't forecasted until this evening if I recall correctly!
    Horrible day with heavy rain at times, mist and drizzle now. West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭alentejo

The weather forcasting for this weekend seems off. Very surprised its raining? is this the front that was due to hit Ireland on Sunday?

alentejo wrote: »
    The weather forcasting for this weekend seems off. Very surprised its raining? is this the front that was due to hit Ireland on Sunday?

Yes originally

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

alentejo wrote: »

BBC had shown rain for today and tomorrow since Thursday, they got it spot on for the weekend so far, tomorrow was meant to be a washout nearly nationwide.

This weather really has given me the Summer vibes. It is very warm and sunny today that it just feels unseasonably warm here. I am still sticking to my same predictions from earlier this year that I set!

June: Dry and warm BUT the potential of thundery downpours at times.
    July: Dry, sunny and warm. Driest July in 27 years.
    August: Rather wet but sunny and warm again.

So overall according to these predictions, it will be a dry, sunny and very warm Summer.

In depth of warmth, I'd say:

June: +1.0 - +1.5c above normal
    July: +2.0 - +2.5c above normal
    August: +0.5 - +1.0c above normal

Summer overall would be: +1.0 - +1.5c above normal which would make it nearly as identical as Summer 2013 but not nearly as hot as 1995.

MT... what's your monthly predictions for the individual Summer months?

Notice how I did not say "sunny" in my June monthly prediction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Big difference in tomorrow's weather between MT and ME today in Galway its raining since around 2pm and still raining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Someone should make a thread called long range summer forecast where people only put their forecasts for june ...well its over, july and august

No comments just forecasts from all the experts here. Scroll through that lot and youd hv a more than accurate summer forecast

Also no of words limited ...just an idea

Anyone think the MT forecast for 2moro seems optimistic. I thought 16 to 19 like met eireann but mt thinks 24c ...hes more right than met usually. I dunno

pauldry wrote: »
    Someone should make a thread called long range summer forecast where people only put their forecasts for june ...well its over, july and august

No comments just forecasts from all the experts here. Scroll through that lot and youd hv a more than accurate summer forecast

Anyone think the MT forecast for 2moro seems optimistic. I thought 16 to 19 like met eireann but mt thinks 24c ...hes more right than met usually. I dunno

event Met Eireann's forecast is optimistic... tomorrow will be a day filled with dark, grey skies and rain and wind, temps will do well to struggle past 14c. I dunno where he's getting temps up to 24c from.

and as for the next week, it's been downgraded by the day, most places will struggle to get to 18c over the next week, a very unsettled mess for the next 7 days.

pauldry wrote: »

Does that include me? I wouldn't call me an expert :cool::pac::D

• Advertisement

MT now saying normal late June weather instead of a hot spell. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Such a pity the speculated warm spell for this weekend and the end of June hasn't transpired.
    This oceanic maritime climate is a heart breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Such a pity the speculated warm spell for this weekend and the end of June hasn't transpired.
    This oceanic maritime climate is a heart breaker.
    I am quite enjoying the bit of rain and the freshness.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Was a chilly day yesterday. In the warm sector this morning.

I am quite enjoying the bit of rain and the freshness.

I know we haven't reached the end of June yet but as someone else has previously said the mainstream forecasters are not predicting it to be fine. Such a pity after our fine May and start to June.
    I'm off shortly to Thurles to splash in a few puddles before the match this afternoon so I had better root out the boots and brolly from under the stairs. Up Limerick!

I know we haven't reached the end of June yet but as someone else has previously said the mainstream forecasters are not predicting it to be fine. Such a pity after our fine May and start to June.
    I'm off shortly to Thurles to splash in a few puddles before the match this afternoon so I had better root out the boots and brolly from under the stairs. Up Limerick!

To me, June was going to be the worst of the three Summer months from the start. In contrast to last year when it was the best of the three Summer months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hope your right Syran it's utterly miserable out today. Wet dull manky. I'm out of here Wednesday to get some proper summer weather warm temps sunshine cloudless skies balmy nights. Greece!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hope your right Syran it's utterly miserable out today. Wet dull manky. I'm out of here Wednesday to get some proper summer weather warm temps sunshine cloudless skies balmy nights. Greece!!

I'm in Greece (Crete) at the moment. 35c arm. Sweltering/melting, but, lovely in the pool.

Looking longingly at the radar and all that rain at home....not! :-)

To me, June was going to be the worst of the three Summer months from the start. In contrast to last year when it was the best of the three Summer months.

There is plenty of summer left so surely(please God please please) there's bound to be another hefty extended heatwave on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'm in Greece (Crete) at the moment. 35c arm. Sweltering/melting, but, lovely in the pool.

Looking longingly at the radar and all that rain at home....not! :-)

lol, Enjoy!

Advertisement