Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Aerohead wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on the first half of August ?

And if you believe that you will believe anything !!!!!!!!

Excuse me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

What are peoples thoughts on the first half of August ?

Someone will be able to tell you.... from about 10 days out. Anything this far out is just complete nonsense.

HighLine wrote: »
    Someone will be able to tell you.... from about 10 days out. Anything this far out is just complete nonsense.

Bro.. I predicted back in DECEMBER that June would be dry and warm but thundery downpours at times. Is that complete nonsense?

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Bro.. I predicted back in DECEMBER that June would be dry and warm but thundery downpours at times. Is that complete nonsense?

Bro? lol. And yes... it is complete nonsense. You didn't predict anything.. just a lucky guess. But you work away believing you can predict weather 6 months in advance... each to their own. :D

So we have another droidman? UHHHH this again. :rolleyes:

Let's respectfully disagree. I tend to agree with our educated meteorologists who rightfully point out that long range forecasting is utter nonsense. It's just a shame that there is not a designated thread for it so logical people wouldn't have to waste their time skipping over such posts.

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    Let's respectfully disagree. I tend to agree with our educated meteorologists who rightfully point out that long range forecasting is utter nonsense. It's just a shame that there is not a designated thread for it so logical people wouldn't have to waste their time skipping over such posts.

So you're literally calling me dumb and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭droidman123

So you're literally calling me dumb and stupid.

No one called anyone dumb and stupid,and what do you mean by is he "another droidman"? People on here need to accept differences of opinion.you.already know what mine is

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, only that it is mild, it feels like November here in north Wicklow.
    Light patch rain, overcast and dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Aerohead wrote: »
    And if you believe that you will believe anything !!!!!!!!

God no, not like the weather is somewhat predictable?

It seems both Syranbruen and M.T Cranium have been fairly spot on with their analysis of the summer so far, so it's really not up to you to state what we can and cannot believe in, believe what you like, and we will do the same.
    People on here need to accept differences of opinion

Heed your own advice.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    God no, not like the weather is somewhat predictable?

It seems both Syranbruen and M.T Cranium have been fairly spot on with their analysis of the summer so far, so it's really not up to you to state what we can and cannot believe in, believe what you like, and we will do the same.

Heed your own advice.
    I always do.
    Been grey here all day,starting to rain now

• Advertisement

Been grey here all day,starting to rain now

Ah look, there's only so much I can say.

As I and others have repeated to you, its a General forecast. You need to stop ignoring this if your trying for a reasonable discussion. If a summer is forecast to be hot and dry, you'd be extremely naive to presume that you won't see any rain or you can just throw out any clothing item that's not shorts or a t-shirt. The forecast is broad.

Broadness I feel is where Met Éireann win over the likes of Accuweather. They tell you the weather will be "relatively sunny with winds increasing throughout the day on coasts and cloud starting to make an appearance with possibly a shower or two". Accuweather says "It will be sunny, warm" Suddenly a thunderstorm breaks out. Who's right?

Broad and detailed is the only way forecasts can ever be accurate.
    I always do.
    Is that why you and some others insist on telling us our opinion is wrong?

Ah look, there's only so much I can say.

As I and others have repeated to you, its a General forecast. You need to stop ignoring this if your trying for a reasonable discussion. If a summer is forecast to be hot and dry, you'd be extremely naive to presume that you won't see any rain or you can just throw out any clothing item that's not shorts or a t-shirt. The forecast is broad.

Broadness I feel is where Met Éireann win over the likes of Accuweather. They tell you the weather will be "relatively sunny with winds increasing throughout the day on coasts and cloud starting to make an appearance with possibly a shower or two". Accuweather says "It will be sunny, warm" Suddenly a thunderstorm breaks out. Who's right?

Broad and detailed is the only way forecasts can ever be accurate.

Is that why you and some others insist on telling us our opinion is wrong?
    You are the one who keeps dragging it up,not me.if someone refers to me in a post i am going to defend myself.

You are the one who keeps dragging it up,not me.if someone refers to me in a post i am going to defend myself.

Give me one instance in which I have ever brought up this topic? If you state things here, you cannot expect people to not discuss it. You cannot state things as fact and not allow scrutiny, that's rejecting others opinions.

Give me one instance in which I have ever brought up this topic? If you state things here, you cannot expect people to not discuss it. You cannot state things as fact and not allow scrutiny, that's rejecting others opinions.

Yeah. I wasn't in ANY WAY stating my predictions as fact, it is my opinion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

END IT NOW PLEASE FOLKS , ANY MORE AND INFRACTIONS WILL BE GIVEN OUT

I didn't say it was you.i was referred to by another poster a few posts back .

Anyway... today has been completely dry and cloudy so far at Grange, not a speck of sun or a drop of rain at all.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Anyway... today has been completely dry and cloudy so far at Grange, not a speck of sun or a drop of rain at all.

Threatened to get bright here earlier but it was a false alarm.
    Light rain here at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Weather is pretty rubbish at the mo. Typical Irish summer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭alentejo

Absolute dreary day in Dublin today. Looking at satellite images, Dublin was least likely to have any kind of sunshine today. Here's hoping for an improvement.

• Advertisement

Cool and fresh here in West Clare today, but sunny most of the day, so not that bad. Everything has turned so green compared to last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Today was cold, 13.4C max for my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

The ten day/two week outlooks on a number of sites is going nowhere near what MT is expecting to unfold. I'm torn, I trust MT but the pessimist in me is thinking the average sunshine and showers will win out!

Padster90s wrote: »
    The ten day/two week outlooks on a number of sites is going nowhere

If you're looking at the likes of "Accuweather" I find they simply turn to averages after a period of 7 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today felt cool and since 5pm its felt cold, first real feeling of chill since mid May. We had warmer days and nights during December and January.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

If you're looking at the likes of "Accuweather" I find they simply turn to averages after a period of 7 days.

Nope, I know to avoid that! MSN, myweather2, yr.no and met office uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Next two weeks will be cooler at first , warmer towards end of month but I dont buy into MTs hot end to June. Think it will be early to mid July before low to mid twenties again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Layman here try to interpret MT's forecast combined with Met Eireann and the BBC in the context of a BBQ on Sunday.. is it relatively safe to assume rain on Sunday arriving into Dublin in the late afternoon rather than any earlier??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

spockety wrote: »
    Layman here try to interpret MT's forecast combined with Met Eireann and the BBC in the context of a BBQ on Sunday.. is it relatively safe to assume rain on Sunday arriving into Dublin in the late afternoon rather than any earlier??

Sunday is looking like a total washout unfortunately, there may be a few drys hours in the morning but wet most of the day, Saturday is not gonna be great either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭alentejo

Weather this weekend seems to be continously downgraded.

Advertisement