Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budweiser hangover

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

People who talk all flowery and fantasy about the different craft beers, and go on comparing the different wines and spirits are just talking horse sh*t and trying to lord it over us.

The probably have beards, wear lots of tweed & wooly jumpers & smoke a pipe too.

They're bull sh*tters.

Alcohol is alcohol, mostly its lovely stuff but too much of a good thing is a bad thing and its that simple.

Don't let people dazzle you with fancy German names, or cosy Austrian village bars & Belgian bullshit this, that and the other ~ they're talking through their holes.

Too much alcohol = hangover.

The clearer the drink usually means less of a hangover so vodka would be best, preferably with a non carbonated mixer, Orange Juice or even water.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

It was in most of the pubs we drank in in Edinburgh the times we were over there (finnegans and dropkick Murphys being two I can remember the name of). Would be going back 7 or 8 years now since we were there last though..
    Dropkicks Murphys :) Wahay what a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Gave up that piss years ago. Used to drink a lot of beer and was always okay with it, until suddenly before I'd finish even one bottle I'd bloat up, around my neck and chest would be out in a mad rash, and I'd be vomitting/need the bathroom.
    I had developed some mad allergy and I can't drink it anymore.

Tend to stick to cider or spirits now.
    Ciders grand because I get full on them and while I'm drunk I literally can't drink too much so I'm usually sober the next day.
    The problem with spirits is, I like to experiment. 2 parts vodka, 1 part Bacardi and top it up with a little bit of coke, I'd be aiming to get 2 or 3 drinks out of one bottle of mixer. As I get drunker, I bother less and less with mixing. Doesn't help my favourite pub does 4 vodkas and mixer for a tenner. It's bad news is what it is.

When I do end up sticking to spirits, I will wake up the next day with a numb face and still rotten drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

For me it completely depends on what I drink. So:

Beer - I die a death no matter what type of beer I drink, craft, piss, it's all the same.

Wine - More than 2 glasses of wine and I get a heartburn hangover from hell.

Vodka - I drink this with sparkling water, slice of lemon and lime and it's the dogs bo!!ox. I could drink a vat of it and I've never had a hangover from it. Now if I mixed it with a mineral type drink I'd die. And tonic water gives me heartburn after 2 or 3 so I find sparkling water the best.

It's taken years of testing to come to this conclusion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Bud drinker myself. Used to drink bukmers but that stuff just tears the stomach out of ya and makes me quite aggressive . Went t Johnny foxes yesterday and had few nice Guinness. Then had a few more and I'm suffering now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

there is no longer any excuse for drinking bad beer as there are so many lovely Irish craft beers available anywhere. Once you convert you will never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ok Heisenberg :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad Jesse, most are completely ignorant about it, which this thread proves, you are certainly not alone.

I see Richard Branson claimed his virgin vodka was hangover free.
    http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Virgin-Spirits-Offers-Hangover-Free-Vodka-3032364.php
    Richard Branson, owner and chief executive of a business empire that includes Virgin Spirits, poured his new Virgin Vodka over a bowl of cereal in London yesterday. Branson credits a triple distillation process with removing the impurities from the vodka that cause hangovers.
    https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1876&dat=19950516&id=srUeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Xs8EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5518,69817&hl=en
    on home distillation sites you will see the lack of hangovers being discussed a lot as a way of telling if your brew/wash is "clean" or "pure" and if your still is designed and being operated correctly. It is taken for granted that brewing with different ingredients and methods will cause big differences in hangover effect.

Tsipras wrote: »
    Dropkicks Murphys :) Wahay what a place

Its some spot, remember drinking there one night until about 5am after being on the being since that morning. Fell asleep for a while, woke up and continued drinking with not a word said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

If I'm out I might have a pint or two of some local microbrew or whatever, but I'm staying out for longer I'll switch to something lighter. The craft beers are often very heavy and filling compared to the lagers.

I do think that some drinks will give you a worse hangover than others (red wine is a killer for me), but just talking about hangovers within the range of different beers, I'd say there is little difference.

BailMeOut wrote: »
    there is no longer any excuse for drinking bad beer as there are so many lovely Irish craft beers available anywhere. Once you convert you will never go back.

Craft beers are rarely session beers though. I don't mind some of the craft beers (though for every nice one there are many terrible ones) but even the ones that are nice are grand if you are having 2 or 3 but you aren't going to drink 12 pints of them like I would with Guinness for instance ( I also prefer Guinness to any craft beer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Craft beers are rarely session beers though. I don't mind some of the craft beers (though for every nice one there are many terrible ones) but even the ones that are nice are grand if you are having 2 or 3 but you aren't going to drink 12 pints of them like I would with Guinness for instance ( I also prefer Guinness to any craft beer).
    I got drunk on them a good few times so for me they were session beers, especially if I was in brew pubs. It can also be a good conversation starter I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bud is piss but drink enough of it and I'm sure you could induce a hangover. I've never been able to get beyond 2 bottles of the stuff.

From my 15 years of drinking I can definitively state that there is nothing worse than the hangover where champagne has been involved. One or two glasses of the stuff combined with beers and some spirits and you are entering hellish territory next day. The stomach hangover you can just about tolerate but when your head is fuzzed and pulsing from champagne there is no place to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Black's have a 'Session' beer called "Session". It's alcohol content is lower than most craft beers (3.5%) so you can drink it all night long! It's delicious and no hangover to worry about.

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Black's have a 'Session' beer called "Session". It's alcohol content is lower than most craft beers (3.5%) so you can drink it all night long! It's delicious and no hangover to worry about.

3.5% is on the light side, 4.3 - 4.5% is around the sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paul68

I haven't drank budweiser in years, its such a terrible beer, i used to get the worst hangovers from the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tried switching to Bud a few years ago,just a change from Cider,that experiment didnt last long,was soon back on the pint bottles :)

Rotten it was.

Advertisement