Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budweiser hangover

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Red King wrote: »
    I love when someone blames a hangover on a bad pint and not the fact that they simply drank too much.

Jesus there's a fierce amount of bad pints going around :D

Ah Jaysus, I had eight bad pints, a couple of dodgy brandies and a Jäger that was definitely not right last night. Just don't feel myself today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ah Bud. I used to wonder what all the crack was with Clydesdale horses,
    Than I figured it out! That's where the beer comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Why is it that a certain demograph in Ireland only drink Budweiser and Coors light or maybe Bulmers? I'm not a craft ale person by any means but my pallet is a little more sophisticated than restricting myself to only the above.
    Is it the marketing and the lack of taste?

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Steinlager is the tits..

Double Brown ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

The alcohol I find least likely to get hangovers from is
    Beer: Heino
    Spirit: Grey Goose

Worst for a hangover for me is Jack & Coke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Where do people get the idea that hangovers are related to beer quality and nothing to do with alcohol?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where do people get the idea that hangovers are related to beer quality and nothing to do with alcohol?

I know. "It's the preservatives and the additives" etc etc. If that were the case, we'd all be walking around hungover all the time from the processed food we all eat.
    I would say it's almost entirely down to the alcohol itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

My first pint was Budweiser so it has a soft spot for me.
    Experience has taught me to never drink it from tap.
    It's just gas.

It's much nicer chilled from a bottle or a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

I drink Budweiser and I enjoy Budweiser, what annoys me is that a lot of places have started to take it off tap and replace it with a beer nobody has ever heard of because apparently that's cool thing to do these days.

Still do it in the Dusty Bin though thank god.

As for this myth about foreign beers don't give u a hangover because they're brewed a certain way is kinda nonsense, I've been to many different countries and if you drink enough you'll be hanging together the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I know. "It's the preservatives and the additives" etc etc. If that were the case, we'd all be walking around hungover all the time from the processed food we all eat.
    I would say it's almost entirely down to the alcohol itself.

Considering the amount of added salt & sugar processed foods like frozen pizzas, ready meals etc tend to have in them if you eat too much of that stuff versus fresh meat, fruit & vegetables then yes you will tend to feel pretty crap. Try a week eating only convenience foods then a week eating fresh fish, meat, vegetables etc you've prepared yourself, keeping the overall calorie count rougly the same if you can. See which week leaves you feeling healthier. There's a lot of woo to do with healthy eating alright ("juicing" is actually not really healthier for instance) but eating a balanced diet of fresh food is better than consuming freezer cabinet crap all the time.

Custardpi wrote: »
    Considering the amount of added salt & sugar processed foods like frozen pizzas, ready meals etc tend to have in them if you eat too much of that stuff versus fresh meat, fruit & vegetables then yes you will tend to feel pretty crap. Try a week eating only convenience foods then a week eating fresh fish, meat, vegetables etc you've prepared yourself, keeping the overall calorie count rougly the same if you can. See which week leaves you feeling healthier. There's a lot of woo to do with healthy eating alright ("juicing" is actually not really healthier for instance) but eating a balanced diet of fresh food is better than consuming freezer cabinet crap all the time.

I eat quite well but I like to binge eat on crap about once a week. It doesn't give me a hangover like bingeing on any type of alcohol does

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nasty stuff, have seen a lot of places around town replacing it on tap with a craft beer in recent years, only see women drinking it these days as well.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It a complete and utter myth that different types of beer give different kinds of hangovers.

If you overdo it on anything, from the cheapest mass manufacturer stuff to the €8 a pint microbrew wankery stuff, you are going to have the same hangover.

The hangover varies massively with different beers.

I've felt worse after 5 or 6 pints of some beers than after 10+ pints of Guinness (same strength). Bavaria I find probably gives me the least hangovers, even after 16 cans of it one day there a while back I was not in pretty decent condition the next day, some beers would have you in poor condition with half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Budweiser is my drink of choice for the last 11 years.

Its better than Carling and Fosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

mikeym wrote: »
    Budweiser is my drink of choice for the last 11 years.

Its better than Carling and Fosters.

True, but only in the same way that a dose of the clap is better than ebola. Still wouldn't be a fan of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Budweiser is muck, but Miller is the Killer.

Anyone ever got a hangover from Miller?

Feck me its horrendous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Jesus I'm in a bad way. Didn't drink that piss in years and had a scatter of the bastards last night. I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. How is that swill legal.

You haven't suffered until you've had a belly full of draught Budweiser in a fake Irish pub in new York. Christ the next day even my hair hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Has anybody rolled out the chestnut yet about being able to drink 75 pints of IPA because it's not 'full of chemicals' like Bud or Miller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

bud, carlsberg, heineken etc, pretty tasteless over the years, chilled beyond endurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Has anybody rolled out the chestnut yet about being able to drink 75 pints of IPA because it's not 'full of chemicals' like Bud or Miller?

Most of the thread has been about how certain beers do/don't give you a hangover like that's actually a real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

In Corsica we have chestnut beer called Pietra Ambrée ;-)

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Most of the thread has been about how certain beers do/don't give you a hangover like that's actually a real thing.

Are you saying people are making up the fact that they experience much worse hangovers when they drink one beer over another as it is definitely true and it's not even a small difference it's in bed getting sick vs being up and about no bother on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Alcohol is a diuretic, it makes you urinate & flushes fluids from the body.
    The dehydration caused by alcohol is what causes a hangover & the headache is a symptom of dehydration.
    Brandy, red wine, rum, whisky, beer, white wine, gin & vodka are worst to least in descending order of likelihood to cause a hangover.
    Different drinks for different folks.
    If you are allergic to yeast, unfiltered micro-brewed beer might leave you with a terrible headache.
    Certain people are sensitive to sulphur dioxide, an anti-oxidizing agent added to many wines to keep them fresh, others get headaches from chemical substance found in dark grape skins.
    The latter will drink white wine with no effects & suffer with red wines.
    My grandfather, who was a brewer & a legendary drinker, believed that a good dose of water mixed with brewer's yeast (which is full of Vitamin B) before going to bed will kill any hangover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

In Corsica we have chestnut beer called Pietra Ambrée ;-)

Yeah but the Corsicans dynamite your house if you're not from Corsica, so I'll take the hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

No because nobody is that much of an idiot...I'm drinking a nice IPA now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Buckfast W wrote: »
    I drink Budweiser and I enjoy Budweiser, what annoys me is that a lot of places have started to take it off tap and replace it with a beer nobody has ever heard of because apparently that's cool thing to do these days.
    Maybe the reason why they took bud off tap was because people were complaining about it or were simply not drinking it. I wouldn´t drink it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hangover in a bottle as Clarkson put it. Couple of cans of it and I get a headache next day.

Draught seems to be gasier than most other beers, maybe that's it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Jamsiek wrote: »
    Maybe the reason why they took bud off tap was because people were complaining about it or were simply not drinking it. I wouldn´t drink it anyway.

The appeal of bud has definitely gone down over the years,when I was delivering to bars,bud would make up a good quantity of the kegs delivered,a few years later you could count on one hand the amount delivered in a week,tuborg, tennents and carling are doing far better.even the cases of bottles went downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Without reading anything but the opening post, I'm going to guess tge thread went something like this:

1) some agreement - utter p*as
    2) suggestions to drink something better
    3) hangover sympathy - some stories
    4) skinny jeans wearing, bearded types explaining how superior craft beer is and, by extension, themselves ...

Now to read

Advertisement