Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budweiser hangover

Options
  • 06-05-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Jesus I'm in a bad way. Didn't drink that piss in years and had a scatter of the bastards last night. I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. How is that swill legal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

drink that piss

Admitting it is the first step to recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Jesus I'm in a bad way. Didn't drink that piss in years and had a scatter of the bastards last night. I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. How is that swill legal.

I love it...24 years a drinking it. Best thing about it is when you get a bad one you know straight away. But yeah, most of my mates moved on to other beers a long time ago. I still like it though. Only get mad hangovers when ive really over done it. Carlsberg really kills me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

You deserve a hangover after drinking that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Heino all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

These high horse baiting threads work so well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Heartburn hangovers are the worst, one night of Orchard Thieves was enough to teach me that! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Tastes like carbonated sweat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think you'll find no matter what you drink to get yourself drunk, Budweiser, paint stripper, you'll be as sick as a dog the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

King of beers.....prince of p!ss more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Heartburn hangovers are the worst, one night of Orchard Thieves was enough to teach me that! :mad:

I disagree. The Bulmers Pear cider taught me what it would be like to give birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I think you'll find no matter what you drink to get yourself drunk, Budweiser, paint stripper, you'll be as sick as a dog the next day

Nah, if you drink crap beer it will be far worse. Went on the lash in Vienna a few years ago only drinking the local beers & despite putting away hectolitres of the stuff didn't get a sniff of a hangover. Budweiser versus good quality beer is like the difference between a fillet steak & those frozen burgers you get 10 of for a euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

WAAAAAAAASSSSSSSUPPPPPPPPP!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Fermented yellow fizzy piss will do that to you OP

Custardpi wrote: »
    Nah, if you drink crap beer it will be far worse. Went on the lash in Vienna a few years ago only drinking the local beers & despite putting away hectolitres of the stuff didn't get a sniff of a hangover. Budweiser versus good quality beer is like the difference between a fillet steak & those frozen burgers you get 10 of for a euro.

I drank my ass off in Munich loads of times in the Spaten, Augustiner, and Hofbrau breweries, and nearly died on the plane home with illness.
    I drank about 7 pints of "Craft beer" in a Galway Brewery pub a few weeks ago and was in a heap the next day. Not the stronger ones either. If I had Guinness or Budweiser I'd feel the same.

Alcohol is alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Custardpi wrote: »

Good quality beer?? Please name one we can get in Ireland without getting a hangover. Dont let me down now. Im going crash test dummy on this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I drank my ass off in Munich loads of times in the Spaten, Augustiner, and Hofbrau breweries, and nearly died on the plane home with illness.
    I drank about 7 pints of "Craft beer" in a Galway Brewery pub a few weeks ago and was in a heap the next day. Not the stronger ones either. If I had Guinness or Budweiser I'd feel the same.

Alcohol is alcohol.

Yup, its all a myth that you don't get hangover on those 'natural' or 'craft' beers. Its just a marketing thing.

I was told years ago that you cant get a hangover on Erdinger. I died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Good quality beer?? Please name one we can get in Ireland without getting a hangover. Dont let me down now. Im going crash test dummy on this:D

Cans of Tuborg. Lovely session beer.

If you're reasonably fit & healthy the German style "Reinheitsgebot" recipe beers are the best in terms of the amount of them you can put away without feeling too mouldy the next day. What'll kill you apart from the additive laden swill like Bud is high alcohol beers like Belgian Trappist Ales. Adding spirits like Gin or Whiskey will usually multiply the effect, though I generally find good vodka (Stoli, Finlandia, etc) not too bad for hangovers so long as I don't mix it with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Slattsy wrote: »

Weissbier really kills me, even if I don't get drunk I'll feel like absolute poo the next day....

If you go out and get get sh!tfaced you'll have a hangover regardless of what you've been drinking. Ive found that (weissbier excepted) I can drink a couple more of real ales and craft beers before getting that bad hangover and it seems to be less godawful, but drinking lots of beer will inevitably lead to a hangover...

I've also heard it theorised that really heavily hopped beers tend to give more of a hangover due to the acids from the hops - personally I'd reckon it's cos they're usually 6+% ;)

Slattsy wrote: »
    Yup, its all a myth that you don't get hangover on those 'natural' or 'craft' beers. Its just a marketing thing.

I'd be sceptical about how "natural" something like Erdinger is tbh, I've had hangovers on it too. A small batch, locally produced beer would be far better.

• Advertisement

The worst hangovers I've had are from red wine. Probably though because I drank up to 3 bottles those times. Hardly a surprise! Waking up with a blue mouth and hours of memory loss is never fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It a complete and utter myth that different types of beer give different kinds of hangovers.

If you overdo it on anything, from the cheapest mass manufacturer stuff to the €8 a pint microbrew wankery stuff, you are going to have the same hangover.

While I enjoy a good Argentinian Malbec or Italian Nero de Avola myself I could never drink that much red wine in one setting. On the other hand I did once put away 4 bottles of cheap French white over the space of an evening a few years back. Once I woke up I couldn't stop shaking for about a day afterwards - serious DTs!

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It a complete and utter myth that different types of beer give different kinds of hangovers.

If you overdo it on anything, from the cheapest mass manufacturer stuff to the €8 a pint microbrew wankery stuff, you are going to have the same hangover.

I know from experience of multi-day drinking at festivals that if I get stocious on beer & stick to the same thing I'll have a far lesser hangover (sometimes none at all) than if I get equally drunk on either spirits or a mixture of beers & spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Budweiser gives the same sensation in my mouth and on my teeth as alcopops so - not nice. One or two I could possibly stomach but I'm more of a malbec or rioja man meself. Everything gives me a hangover - even winegums. The worst hangover I ever endured was southern comfort. It made a wee boy out of me the next day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'd say they lost a lot of customers when they brought in the ice cold stuff - might be grand in florida but I saw a lot of lads give up the Bud when all they could get was -4c ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Drinks where the hangover is minimal:
    Vodka
    Beer Lao

Drinks where the hangover is brutal:
    Weissbier
    Whiskey
    Red wine

The tannins in red wine (and maybe bourbon?) can give a nasty hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭average hero

Budweiser is p!ss. I despise the stuff. When I drink it my tongue swells up and my mouth feels like an old carpet.

My two favourite beers are Paulaner Hefe-Weiss (Naturtrub) and Franziskaner. Contrary to what some posters say here, I find that these two don't give me that bad a hangover at all and I am very sensitive to alcohol. I think the Naturtrub wording is key on the Paulaner. I think it is brewed in line with the Bavarian purity laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I love when someone blames a hangover on a bad pint and not the fact that they simply drank too much.

Jesus there's a fierce amount of bad pints going around :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

edit

Advertisement