Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else think Supermacs is a very bad restaurant?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they have bad service, poor staff, ****e food, do you agree

Just can't get the top quality minimum wage staff these days.

It's a grand spot but their tacos are a travesty vs the Abra version

Chicken sandwich tho great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭kravmaga

they have bad service, poor staff, ****e food, do you agree

Its a Fast food joint, not a restaurant, pay for what you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I should ban you right now. Flipping perma ban!!!

Supermacs is the business! I was in there last Saturday after a skinful of pints and JD. Pretty sure it tasted good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Actually I remember (cos I had the receipt) after the Marriage Ref last year, left Pantibar and convinced friend I was staying with to try Supermacs! I ordered a Mighty Mac with dressed fries apparently. I think he got a bottle of water!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Supermacs opened up beside us last month. Smokey bacon burger and curry cheese chips is my new vice... It's a good thing there's a Chopped Healthy Food outlet in the same place otherwise I'd be totally in the ****ter, my conscious doesn't let me order Supermacs too much if I can see a healthier alternative nearby!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Better than McDonalds or Burger King but that's not saying much.

I got a 5oz burger today cos Sean O'Brien told me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is this a 'for real' thread, or just a new user trying to get his/her post count up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The place is a disgrace. I walked in today, nobody took my coat, nobody showed me to my seat, and when I asked for a wine list she looked at me like I'd two bloody heads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Suas11 wrote: »
    Better than McDonalds or Burger King but that's not saying much.

Though I used like hillbillies before

• Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Supermacs is a weird one. It's not particularly good at anything...but I love it. I don't know why. The drive through one at Spawell...thanks be to Jesus for it, it's magic every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

osarusan wrote: »
    Sat there for an hour and nobody came to take my order.

Two branches local to me will bring your order down to your table.

Culchie Supermacs ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,426 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The staff in my local Supermacs are friendly and helpful. The service is good. Once they left a chicken wrap out of our order and they said they'd deliver it to us or we could get it next time.
    The food is good enough in my opinion. I do find if I have a Supermacs I'd be fuller compared to the other chains.

maudgonner wrote: »

mine will to- cos they are so slow- but the food is always late and cold, as some young wan wanders round trying to remember what you looked like

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

Though I used like hillbillies before

Hillbillies in cork do lovley wraps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Supermacs in Helston station is the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Car99 wrote: »
    Supermacs in Helston station is the worst

I got a breakfast in there one morning when I used live in Dublin years ago....and it was one of the grim most experienced of my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

If I could choose one of the chains, Supermacs would be my pick. I tend to avoid the chains though.

Don't have chipper food too often but I would always go for Italian chippers as a preference when I do.

They're all massively calorific and unhealthy but at least Italian chippers do the proper, lightly greasy chipper chips.

In the words of Groundskeeper Willie: "GREASE ME UP, WOMAN!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Never been in the door of one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I thought Supermacs was a horrible place a few years ago. I remember getting a bacon double cheeseburger and opening it up to only see that low quality burger patty. It almost looked grey. You know the type.

But have since had their snackbox and chicken sandwich where are pretty decent. Portions are good too. So it's a mix of the good and the bad like any place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Can't believe nobody mentioned the burger sauce. Christ that stuff is delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Mediocre fast food for the price..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Wouldn't be my cuppa cha, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Never been in the door of one.

Ah but you didn't mention the drive thru!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

maudgonner wrote: »

Went in with my dad once upon a time. Both of us ordered fish and chips and we're told to take a seat.

Mine came in the usual Styrofoam tray with a plastic fork.
    His came on a proper china plate with metal cutlery.
    I have no idea why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Only place to be after a night out. All the young ones on high stools so drunk theyre eating their food with one eye closed in between falling off the stool.

Bit of drama with rocky 1 and rocky 2 standing by the door forbidding girls with no shoes from coming in.

And then for the entertainment, a few young lads hammering each other up and down the street.

All whilst eating your curry cheese chips that are so cold the cheese doesn't even melt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

smurgen wrote: »
    Disgusting.possibly the worst chips in Ireland.

Do they steam the chips or what?

Any time I've had the misfortune to partake of Supermac's, the chips have always been limp, sweaty and anemic looking - much like their patrons I suppose.

Culinary wing of the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

By far the worst out of the chains. There burgers and chips are disgusting the only edible thing from there is the breast sandwich.It is quite expensive too .whatever special burgers mc donalds have on are tasty the m burger was delicious

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Supermacs is a rip off of McDonalds but with higher prices.

Advertisement