Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We should shoot cyclists"- Michael O'leary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Instead of parking in Dublin, couldn't O'Leary park somewhere near Dublin.

Like Mullingar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Smug p****ks in their latex shorts. Some of them are so tight, you can see their tackle. Disgusting.

Latex and whips, don't forget the whips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

smash wrote: »
    I liked this bit: "In a country where it rains about 250 days a year, the way forward for Dublin is, more bicycles."

not on the east coast it doesn't!

The average number of "wet days" (days with more than 1 mm (0.039 in) of rain) ranges from about 151 days a year along the east and southeast coasts, to about 225 days a year in parts of the west.

The weather station with the highest number of "wet days" is Belmullet, with 193 days per year,[22] while the station with the lowest number of "wet days" is Dublin Airport, with 128 days per year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just shoot CycleDub in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Smug Lycra Hordes shrillly note that Michael is trolling.

Attempt to ignore for 0.5 seconds.

Still start frothing at mouth and taking bait nonetheless.

Head to cycling forum for communal PMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Omackeral wrote: »

If we somehow tied the two of them together we could create a perpetual motion device fuelled entirely by self-indignant outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Omackeral wrote: »

Look for your reg on yewtube, Omackeral, see how smart you look!! :mad::mad::mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ruu wrote: »
    Look for your reg on yewtube, Omackeral, see how smart you look!! :mad::mad::mad::pac:

Give him your business card Ruu!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

It really doesn't rain as much as 250 days in Dublin. Dublin is definitely dry the majority of the time. I hate when people complain about the weather in Ireland. It hardly ever rains in Ireland being realistic. It might be gray and cold and humid a lot of the time but it's not raining THAT much.

If you want to go somewhere with lots of rain go to China or India

• Advertisement

Still start frothing at mouth

Rabies or your electro shock therapy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Shooting them is a bit much.

A belt with the passenger door as you drive by should be enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Duggy747 wrote: »
    In Galway, they spent tons of money on cycle lanes out around Westside.

Cyclists still cycle on the f ckin' path at top speed.

Hefty ticket dished out by burly Polish skullcrusher in a uniform would put a stop to that sharpish.

HensVassal wrote: »
    Hefty ticket dished out by burly Polish skullcrusher in a uniform would put a stop to that sharpish.

A ticket for what, a law you just made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A ticket for what, a law you just made up?

Isn't it illegal to cycle on footpaths?

I thought so, and this suggests it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When he starts shooting us cyclists I'm going to shine my laser pens into his pilots eyes as they take off & land at Dublin airport ~ they'll teach 'em.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Another gem from Michael O'Leary today

I think when O'Leary is cruising up the bus lane in his taxi cyclists are getting in his way, tut tut :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in the real world, if more people cycled then there would be much less traffic jams
    http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/9/6952323/bikes-traffic-cars
    The Ryanair boss, who was speaking at a conference at the Aviva Stadium this morning, was responding to earlier remarks from Dublin City Council about enhancing the cycling offer in the capital.

"That's all we need in Dublin is more blooming bicycles,"Mr O 'Leary told the Creative Minds conference this morning.

"In a country where it rains about 250 days a year, the way forward for Dublin is, more bicycles. Let's just go back to walking all together. Soon we'll be living in caves designed by Dublin City Council. Traffic won't work, there's nowhere to park the cars and yet this is a smarter way forward. We should take the cyclists out and shoot them."

For this one I agree with Michael completely. It is the only time in my life I have agreed with this nut-case, but he's right this time. We will all have to drive on the path next and give the road to cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Shoot them with what though?

Some sort of bodily fluid?

Sometimes when you awake to see the news of Ireland you just wished you could go back to sleep and never wake up. Just me in my opinion. Hopefully soon it will be the end of it all. They say the planet is dying ? Lol, No. the planet is fine, it's us that is dying from the loss of common sense and the true scientific way of how to use a push-bike or smart-phone in the wild.

When the little intelligence that folks have collapses as walking or cycling into on-coming traffic on a daily basis then the smart-phone is smarter than you, Imagine that. It's a weird world, every-one you see if you look, they are not associating themselves with their surroundings, they just see a world inside a tiny screen.

It's actually a better hobby than aircraft spotting watching the zombie cyclists and phone nuts run into things and people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Idiot comments from O' Leary, expected better from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Idiot comments from O' Leary, expected better from him.

Like beds n' blowjobs in first class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

For this one I agree with Michael completely. It is the only time in my life I have agreed with this nut-case, but he's right this time. We will all have to drive on the path next and give the road to cyclists.

So you agree with him the one time he says the most outrageous thing you can say.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How come cyclists don't have to pay road tax or insurance? Or do the equivalent of an NCT?

It's time they faced up to their responsibilities. Tree hugging vegan hippies.:mad:

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    How come cyclists don't have to pay road tax

Does anyone pay road tax [in Ireland]?

Does anyone pay road tax [in Ireland]?

Yeah, I do. That's why I can drive in the fast lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I cycle to work every morning

1. Its same journey time
    2. Save money on start and stop ,clutch, gearbox
    3. I don't get talked into doing a erand while at work
    4. Don't get "eeerrrr will ye just drop so and so off on way home"

I have full waterproofs but can't remember the last time I used them, it would have to be real bad to feel I'd need to use them .

I don't go with all the more/ less cars on the road, environment bull, I just do what suits me ,

Ohhh and I'm a tight bolloxs

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Yeah, I do. That's why I can drive in the fast lane.

Excellent, lets wind them up with the "fast lane" :D

Unlike motor vehicles cyclists don't pay motor tax because bicycles don't have motor engines.

Now insurance is another matter, as someone who was knocked down by a cyclist ~ breaking both elbows, a wrist and a number of months off work I'd have liked to have sued the little bastard.. Personally I wouldn't be against paying insurance, but would it be enforceable on those cyclists who choose not to pay (the same whores who routinely run red lights, cycle on paths, wrong way up one way roads etc)?.

Then what about children who wish to use their bikes for play, to commute to school etc?.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Duggy747 wrote: »
    In Galway, they spent tons of money on cycle lanes out around Westside.

Cyclists still cycle on the f ckin' path at top speed.

It's a classic example of modern "traffic management". Create cycle lanes in the ring road & watch every cyclist take the shorter route through town.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    So you agree with him the one time he says the most outrageous thing you can say.:confused:

No, I already said that I agree with him and his comment regarding dumb cyclists. He is completely correct.

• Advertisement

Excellent, lets wind them up with the "fast lane" :D

Unlike motor vehicles cyclists don't pay motor tax because bicycles don't have motor engines.

Now insurance is another matter, as someone who was knocked down by a cyclist ~ breaking both elbows, a wrist and a number of months off work I'd have liked to have sued the little bastard.. Personally I wouldn't be against paying insurance, but would it be enforceable on those cyclists who choose not to pay (the same whores who routinely run red lights, cycle on paths, wrong way up one way roads etc)?.

Then what about children who wish to use their bikes for play, to commute to school etc?.

Why not give bicycles little reg plates that can be scanned by the Garda vehicles, kids get insured as named cyclists under their parents name; onus is then on the parents to make sure the kids are safe cyclists. Might cut down on bike theft too, you're on a bike that doesn't belong to you; it gets taken off you. Owner of said bike can add your details on the bicycle database and you can have the bike back.

Advertisement