Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We should shoot cyclists"- Michael O'leary

Options
  • 04-05-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,620 ✭✭✭✭

Another gem from Michael O'Leary today
    The Ryanair boss, who was speaking at a conference at the Aviva Stadium this morning, was responding to earlier remarks from Dublin City Council about enhancing the cycling offer in the capital.

"That's all we need in Dublin is more blooming bicycles,"Mr O 'Leary told the Creative Minds conference this morning.

"In a country where it rains about 250 days a year, the way forward for Dublin is, more bicycles. Let's just go back to walking all together. Soon we'll be living in caves designed by Dublin City Council. Traffic won't work, there's nowhere to park the cars and yet this is a smarter way forward. We should take the cyclists out and shoot them."

I think when O'Leary is cruising up the bus lane in his taxi cyclists are getting in his way, tut tut :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in the real world, if more people cycled then there would be much less traffic jams
    http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/9/6952323/bikes-traffic-cars

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Well... he's got a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Muahahaha wrote: »

Meanwhile, in the real world, if more people cycled then there would be much less traffic jams
    http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/9/6952323/bikes-traffic-cars

Well no **** on that one. Another ground breaking article by Vox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Cars should be banned from city centres. There's no need for them at all. Mr O'Leary should stick to driving planes.

Cars should be banned from city centres. There's no need for them at all. Mr O'Leary should stick to driving planes.

me_irl wrote: »

They don't drive themselves you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

In Galway, they spent tons of money on cycle lanes out around Westside.

Cyclists still cycle on the f ckin' path at top speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

A Corporate Troll is our Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Article date: October 9, 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I love this idea that forcing more people off bikes and into cars somehow improves the city's transport problems!

Oh. and O'Leary's just/was just trolling you.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

smash wrote: »

They must have been psychic so .

Here's today's article.

• Advertisement

Well... sh*t.

Cathy.C wrote: »
    They must have been psychic so .

Here's today's article.
    He's not wrong in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He's dead right as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

me_irl wrote: »
    Well... he's got a point.

which is....?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Shoot them with what though?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

.... Mr O'Leary should stick to driving planes.

he doesn't have a pilots licence afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Another gem from Michael O'Leary today

I think the nurses have something they're waiting to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

He's not wrong in that article.[/QUOTE

yes he is.

He's completely wrong. He has the whole thing backwards. More bikes, less cars is the way forward. You can say what you like about North Korea, but you can't say they have problems with traffic congestion in Pyongyang.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dunno where to being correcting this one, but let's see....
    We should create a city that works given that this is a low rise, broadly based city and I speak as one of the commuters who commutes on a daily basis from Mullingar in a vehicle that can use taxi ranks. I can't do it by bicycle... I want to drive and I expect Dublin City [Council] to come up with a smarter way for me to get around Dublin [doesn't everyone? But like Mr' O'Reilly no one is willing to make the necessary sacrifice] and be able to park my car somewhere in the middle of Dublin without it being dug up every six weeks so we can have some other faddy non sustainable public transport solution.[so how about a non-faddy suggestion then? No? Didn't think so...
    Cienciano wrote: »

He is wrong - what makes you think DCC has a magic wand that can just magically create an easy commute? And if you don't think they have one, well - exactly how do you expect a reduction in traaffic congestion?

Real world, people. Live in it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He's completely wrong. He has the whole thing backwards. More bikes, less cars is the way forward. You can say what you like about North Korea, but you can't say they have problems with traffic congestion in Pyongyang.

You cant really do anything on a bike except get from A to B.
    You can't carry stuff or people or even park it without an armed guard.

which is....?

"Four wheels good, two wheels bad!" :pac:

I liked this bit: "In a country where it rains about 250 days a year, the way forward for Dublin is, more bicycles."

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

Shootings too good for them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Smug p****ks in their latex shorts. Some of them are so tight, you can see their tackle. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,954 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

O'Leary being controversial spouting utter drivel again, quelle surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Another cranky old dinosaur who thinks the solution to too many cars in too small a space is more cars. Eijit will say anything for some attention.

kneemos wrote: »
    You cant really do anything on a bike except get from A to B.
    You can't carry stuff or people or even park it without an armed guard.

Balls

http://api.ning.com/files/kV4MbYiv7oRgTIR8gKidOF2otQO9m9fWwIc3OJCqosgmzPA*r8Ss4nU*hxS4QYmXnR8syUHmMli8sqv8lbaaXgsDMwLNmWBv/1082053044.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Cienciano wrote: »

I like him but he's wrong on this. I cycle most days and I can count on one hand the amount of days that rain was actually a major problem.

Also, why should a city just be for cars?

• Advertisement

Smug p****ks in their latex shorts. Some of them are so tight, you can see their tackle. Disgusting.
    Bit of camel toe for the lads, bit of frog eye for the ladies!

:D

Advertisement