Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Quirke/McDonalds planning application on hold as further information was requested today. Decision date of the 18th of July is now deferred until a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mikep wrote: »
    The interior of that premises was shipped down to a pub refurb in wexford town so I'd say the interior is empty.

Which pub in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Which pub in Wexford?

I cant remember the name of it, near the bridge if I recall correctly..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

mikep wrote: »
    I cant remember the name of it, near the bridge if I recall correctly..

I think it is also called T. Morris pub.

Did Subway reopen? It was granted permission apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Did Subway reopen? It was granted permission apparently.

If it reopens it will be under new management. Very risky .

April 14th 2001

Main stories on front page

Vandals wreak havoc at Thurles Centre (Cabragh Resources)

Thurles farm “locked up” as precaution (foot and mouth outbreak suspected Leugh farm)

Bertie takes the salute (Bertie Ahern visits Templemore)

Strike deferred at Nenagh factory (Carey Glass)

85% of Cashel teens take (sic) Drink (Tipp star Survey)

Ads: Elaine hair salon Thurles, Casey Tiles Cahir, McKeons shoes Thurles, Seamus Coonan Hydraulics Templemore, Thurles Financial services.

Photo J.J Donnelly from Thurles and stationed in Athlone marching in Templemore before heading off to Lebanon UN Peace keeping

Price £1 (€1.27 shown in preparation for Euro changeover)

L&N stores were owned by the Torres family Waterford City with stores in Munster and some in Leinster (Thurles, Tipperary Toen) and in 1995 the company was sold to SuperValu/Musgraves. McKevitt took over the franchise. Around that time Johnston sold his store on Liberty Square to McKevitts with the agreement that the Johnston name be kept over the door (hence Welcome to Johnston’s Costcutter) It was briefly taken into the SuperValu branding at this time. McKevitt would later switch to Costcutter franchise by the end of 2001.

Barry’s is the third incarnation of SuperValu. Joey O’Connors VG store (today Tesco) was the first. VG stores were later renamed SuperValu and Centra

If anyone reading this is going to Holycross, don’t go out by Ballycurrane. Children (u12 by the looks of it so AGS won’t do **** all about it) Oakfield/Cabragh Court throwing stones at cars.

Geriatric day Hospital for Thurles

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/569129/2-4m-new-day-hospital-for-thurles-is-announced.html

I’ve been hearing that since the 1990s

In the run up to the 2002 GE he (Smith) actually stood outside the gates of the old Hospital of the Assumption announcing the exact same thing.

There must be a general election around the corner. Cahill and Kelly fear losing their seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

They all seem to be delighted to announce it today on bookface......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is it just me or is this new carpark a huge let down? Seems like a lot of work and fuss for what looks to me to be another 6-8 parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any truth in Dew Valley rumours, told again today for the 3rd week in a row...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Is it just me or is this new carpark a huge let down? Seems like a lot of work and fuss for what looks to me to be another 6-8 parking spaces.

dosent look great from the road anyway

Any truth in Dew Valley rumours, told again today for the 3rd week in a row...

is this the covid rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is this the covid rumours

Yip, presume it's only that.

did the road out to the jockey really need tearing up like that. was it that bad. surely there are a lot more delapidated roads around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

did the road out to the jockey really need tearing up like that. was it that bad. surely there are a lot more delapidated roads around

I was wondering that too, I didn't notice any problems with it before.

There are certainly there are far worse roads throughout the county that should have been done first.

What's the story with Parnell Street car park? I thought they were doing a big job with resurfacing and markings?

What's the story with Parnell Street car park? I thought they were doing a big job with resurfacing and markings?

that was supposed to happen ages ago.

when does the new car park open. looks fairly finished

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anywhere decent in Thurles open for grub around 5 in the evenings?

• Advertisement

Anywhere decent in Thurles open for grub around 5 in the evenings?

Rusticafe on Baker Street has lovely food. Got a BLT there recently and it was deep filled with bacon rather than the usual of being filled with lettuce and a bit of bacon.

Thurles Golf Club

Yi Thai

Arch Bar

Ryan's Daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Noel Ryan's would be my pick.

What's happening g with subway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Which car garage did the big police raid take place in today? Was looking at a car and want to avoid that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Which car garage did the big police raid take place in today? Was looking at a car and want to avoid that one.

No idea but its bizarre they don't release who was involved, should be named and shamed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

You’ll have no problem avoiding it - CAB took all the cars with them :D

Garage was based outside Nenagh.

If the rumours about Hayes Hotel are true, the owner must be shaking in his boots An Garda Siochana don’t object to its licence renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Was over near nenagh

The garage in question was Autopace. There's no issue in naming them, it's not libel or rumours as they already have been raided. The photo of the dog in the boot of the BMW 6 series shows their logo on the bottom of the rear window also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

I have just seen that plan for the new market in the town just over where the source is . Looks like a great idea, it’s a nice courtyard space there.

If they get the Saturday farmers market there, and a few events and gigs during the summer and during big games in the stadium it could be a great addition to the town centre.

Could be a lovely space for Christmas Market and Halloween too

Advertisement