Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

I thought it was all fake news

****ing liars. Bad form especially after the tragedy at a lock in there a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

tastyt wrote: »

****ing liars. Bad form especially after the tragedy at a lock in there a few years back

Been more than one incident connected to that s**t hole of a place down through the years....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If it's Hayes it's fake news AFAIK.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If it's Hayes it's fake news AFAIK.

Says who? Hayses Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Paddico

Thats a serious looking bag a weed.
    I can smell it from here ..... mmmmmm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There’s going to be a big traveller funeral down in Killenaule tomorrow and it really is a slap in the face for all the other bereaved people who have had to follow the rules about social distancing. Ridiculous.

splinter65 wrote: »
    There’s going to be a big traveller funeral down in Killenaule tomorrow and it really is a slap in the face for all the other bereaved people who have had to follow the rules about social distancing. Ridiculous.

Nothing new.... It's going on all over the country. One rule for them....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know if the Thai will be opening for delivery any time soon, seriously poor choice of food around. Not into Indian

Must have read my post..

We'll start tomorrow for takeaway from 4pm to 10pm.Ring 0504-20123 or go on www.yithai.ie
    Kind regard
    Yi Thai

Have to say that Thai has been the best food addition to the town in years.

Edit : bit **** to see Thurles be feature so much in another thread here for grimmest town in Ireland though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

HSE were offered Semple Stadium on a number of occasions throughout this pandemic and still won’t open a Covid 19 testing facilities. Thurles is on the mainline and looking at the maps published by the HSE last week, you can see how a pattern has developed along the Dublin to Cork mainline. I’d like to thank Tipperary GAA/Semple Stadium for their kind offer to facilitate this. As I said before, if Thurles District Hospital was still open, the ventilators like our PPE would be seized for use in Limerick.

HSE were offered Semple Stadium on a number of occasions throughout this pandemic and still won’t open a Covid 19 testing facilities. Thurles is on the mainline and looking at the maps published by the HSE last week, you can see how a pattern has developed along the Dublin to Cork mainline. I’d like to thank Tipperary GAA/Semple Stadium for their kind offer to facilitate this. As I said before, if Thurles District Hospital was still open, the ventilators like our PPE would be seized for use in Limerick.

Do you really want everyone with covid rocking up to Thurles for a test, the Garda college was meant to be used as well but it looks highly unlikely now. We seem to have got away with it the last thing you want is bringing the pox into town. Nenagh seems to have got a lot so leave them over that direction.

https://twitter.com/thurlessars/status/1254356540183777280?s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's not good hope they don't stop to visit the supermarkets on their way in and out.
    Heard this morning 3 staff in centra nenagh have it.

That's not good hope they don't stop to visit the supermarkets on their way in and out.
    Heard this morning 3 staff in centra nenagh have it.

It was actually in Thurles and Templemore very early on and the lack of reported cases on the map can be explained because not as many people have been tested as in Clonmel and Nenagh. We have no idea how many people have now actually contracted it here because of the HSE and its bias towards mid Tipperary. The majority of cases are mild and some even show no symptoms at all and it is these asymptomatic Typhoid Mary types of people we need to find urgently. It's the ones who show absolutely no symptoms of Covid-19 that'll spread it to more people.

It was actually in Thurles and Templemore very early on and the lack of reported cases on the map can be explained because not as many people have been tested as in Clonmel and Nenagh. We have no idea how many people have now actually contracted it here because of the HSE and its bias towards mid Tipperary. The majority of cases are mild and some even show no symptoms at all and it is these asymptomatic Typhoid Mary types of people we need to find urgently. It's the ones who show absolutely no symptoms of Covid-19 that'll spread it to more people.

And do what with them then exactly?

Oops! wrote: »
    And do what with them then exactly?

Isolate them I'd imagine!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So we bring the people out of self isolation around the town and the surrounding areas into a central place, test them, wait 5-6 weeks for results to then tell them it's either a positive or negative result for something there's no cure for anyway... Hmmmm. Can you see where i'm going with this?

Oops! wrote: »
    So we bring the people out of self isolation around the town and the surrounding areas into a central place, test them, wait 5-6 weeks for results to then tell them it's either a positive or negative result for something there's no cure for anyway... Hmmmm. Can you see where i'm going with this?

People who aren't self isolating are still coming into town on essential journeys shopping for food in Tesco, going to their place of work in an essential outlet, GP, collecting prescriptions and are potentially spreading the virus through nasal droplets, sneezing and not washing their hands. Not everyone is going to remember to wash their hands after opening the door handle of whatever surgery, store or chemist they've entered or pumping petrol and will inevitably touch their nose, rub their eyes. Having someone walk up to Semple Stadium alone or travelling by car to get tested will not spread the virus.

Your missing my point... It won't make the situation any better. It's pointless until the results can be known in hours/days... It will only clog up an already pointless flawed testing system among other knock on affects it will cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Has anyone noticed what would appear to be a fairly hi spec drone flying around the Rosemount/Willows area over the past number of weeks. Judging by the noise and height at which it is flying it isn't a drone purchased in Aldi/Lidl for entertainment purposes. Wouldn't normally take much notice of these but the frequency with which it is appearing and flying in direct line over gardens has me thinking it may be someone scoping out properties. On the other hand, it could be me losing me marbles with all the time spent at home!!

Loads of them available to buy these days in all sizes with a good range and celing height and judging by the size of the area your talking about on the law of averages i'd imagine there's more than one owner of a drone in the area. In fact i know a friend is awaiting delivery of his new one to his door in town.

36 new houses looking for planning permission in Stradavoher, surprised if this gets the go ahead considering what happened the one in Loughtagalla

Where in Stradavoher?

36 new houses looking for planning permission in Stradavoher, surprised if this gets the go ahead considering what happened the one in Loughtagalla

And considering how the student village beside Centra has turned into Beirut in the space of 15 years.

Ya that’s an awful kip

I think the site in question is across the road from there, a field behind the houses . If a small estate went in there and had any issues that area of town really would go downhill

Ya that’s an awful kip

I think the site in question is across the road from there, a field behind the houses . If a small estate went in there and had any issues that area of town really would go downhill

I know the spot. There’s a derelict bungalow out the front. Hard to see how they’d get 36 houses in there, would be backing right up onto the houses in Slievenamon Meadows.

And considering how the student village beside Centra has turned into Beirut in the space of 15 years.

The problem there is they are not students, quiet the opposite.

The problem is they couldn’t get any students. Now there’s blow-ins who are well known from Templemore and The Ragg that have appeared before the courts numerous time yet don’t get sentenced to prison for anything they’ve done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The problem is they couldn’t get any students. Now there’s blow-ins who are well known from Templemore and The Ragg that have appeared before the courts numerous time yet don’t get sentenced to prison for anything they’ve done.

Over the last week there has been at least 4 house parties in that estate that have gone on into the small hours of the morning.

Advertisement