Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums you have and think "why did I buy it"

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

I've a couple of Wonderstuff album's and another one by the neds atomic dustbins.
    I don't know what I was thinking.
    At least I don't have any Carter USM

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

The 2nd album by the Cars - Candy-O.

Every song on the first album is a classic, so bought the 2nd on the strength of that.

None of the songs on the second album are any good.

Best example of the difficult 2nd album I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Vinculus wrote: »
    I've a couple of Wonderstuff album's and another one by the neds atomic dustbins.
    I don't know what I was thinking.
    At least I don't have any Carter USM

It was a weird time.

I had a VHS of their promo videos, I quite liked it back then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Hard-Fi-Stars of CCTV
    Razorlight-Razorlight
    That band the enemy who were absolute ****, also had a cribs album I think.

I was struggling to come up with something that I genuinely regretted. It wasn't til your post that I remembered I had that Razorlight album. Remember seeing them live years ago (They were a support act) and ever since then I would say I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

mohawk wrote: »
    I was struggling to come up with something that I genuinely regretted. It wasn't til your post that I remembered I had that Razorlight album. Remember seeing them live years ago (They were a support act) and ever since then I would say I hate them.
    I saw them on the main stage at Oxegen 2005 and boring didn't begin to describe them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

sheep? wrote: »
    People think you should be embarrassed by Fleetwood Mac? :-O

The Reynolds Girls probably do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I got a present of a White Stripes album. I wont even keep it with the rest of my albums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

On the other hand you had artists like Kate Bush who made innovative use of the Fairlight sampler, and the Roland TR-808 drum machine which formed the backbone for dance music and hip-hop.
    Kate Bush (and Peter Gabriel) did nothing for the sampler or 808. It was rap producers like Marley Mark and house producers like Steve Hurley who used these innovatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Coldplay's album - Parachute.

Only one song from it made the the cut for my mp3 player after all these years "Yellow" about a phonebook.

I quickly realised that all the other songs sound very similar to each other and equally bland and slow paced.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Not a CD but I have been listing to folk radio uk all afternoon and I never noticed it before but folk music is depressing at time. I tried to get my husband to listen to iarla o lionaird one time and his opinion is not printable yet I like him taste is very individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Coldplay's album - Parachute.

Only one song from it made the the cut for my mp3 player after all these years "Yellow" about a phonebook.

I quickly realised that all the other songs sound very similar to each other and equally bland and slow paced.

Coldplay have more than one song???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Your Face wrote: »
    I got a present of a White Stripes album. I wont even keep it with the rest of my albums.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Supernatural by Santana. Please don't judge me.

I got a double album best of Santana. Early stuff was brilliant, but it's like when he went off the drugs it became terrible.

edbrez wrote: »
    Kate Bush (and Peter Gabriel) did nothing for the sampler or 808. It was rap producers like Marley Mark and house producers like Steve Hurley who used these innovatively.
    I think you misread my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭FreshTendrils

I bought Cast and Embrace albums back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Your Face wrote: »

Ah here.

When I bought Elephant by The White Stripes I didn't keep it with the rest of my albums either.

It was in the CD player too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

When I bought Elephant by The White Stripes I didn't keep it with the rest of my albums either.

It was in the CD player too often.

That's a good place to hide it.

Advertisement