Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you hold Boards grudges?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

smash wrote: »
    Fuc you Eddy!

:pac:

XOXOX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

In my 9 years on this site, I can honestly say I don't think I've anyone on here who holds a grudge against me.

That I know of anyway.

Better start offending people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

How is this thread active but there's nobody posting???

Hello......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Super-Rush wrote: »
    How is this thread active but there's nobody posting???

Hello......

Oooohhh...we're the ghosts of the people you have ignored....ooohhhh...come back to haunt you.

BOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Don't hold grudges but do know the names of the fcukin idiots on here. When I see one of them post in the usual idiotic way, I'll roll my eyes, internally at least. It's funny that one of them posted on the first page of the thread :D

Myself and my boyfriend have been around boards for a while and we're often like 'oh guess who posted in x thread...' and we'll just know. After a while you get to know who's going to post in what threads and what they're going to say, so you tend to skim over a lot of sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

cantdecide wrote: »
    PAINT MY CHICKEN COUP :mad:
    endacl wrote: »
    Coop.

I'm a grammar nazi. Feel free to haight me.
    Amazing how Urban Dictionary has gross references for the most harmless sounding things.

Chicken coop eh, who knew

No, it was a coup. The chickens were revolting:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I've been on this thing years now and throughout the time I've had some pretty intense arguments with people. Some of those people tend to hold grudges and they'd rather shoot themselves than agree with you in another thread as a result. Other posters will take apart your argument completely yet the next thread they'll have no trouble agreeing with you if they do. Do you have grudges and do you find people hold grudges against you?

I find most people on here pretty reasonable.

I just unfollow the thread and leave them to it.
    I am happy person, and like to keep my vibes positive.
    When a poster is being a d.ick I find its best just to ignore them and walk away.
    Getting wound up is exactly what they want, like the school bully looking for a reaction.
    I find the best way to win is ignorance, no reaction, no interest in their meaningless opinion.
    The reality is, when one rages and holds grudges; the only one that ultimately suffers is oneself.
    I just apply the attitude; fk them, they are a nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I thought they were quite tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I googled chicken coupé.

I was expecting a hatchback!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DrumSteve wrote: »
    In my 9 years on this site, I can honestly say I don't think I've anyone on here who holds a grudge against me.

That I know of anyway.

Better start offending people.
    *licks top of pencil, puts Steve on The List(™)*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Don't hold grudges but do know the names of the fcukin idiots on here. When I see one of them post in the usual idiotic way, I'll roll my eyes, internally at least. It's funny that one of them posted on the first page of the thread :D

Myself and my boyfriend have been around boards for a while and we're often like 'oh guess who posted in x thread...' and we'll just know. After a while you get to know who's going to post in what threads and what they're going to say, so you tend to skim over a lot of sh1te

you discuss threads on boards with your partner at home like gossip? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

esforum wrote: »

Nothing else to do in Tipperary!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wibbs wrote: »

*..Arnold Picker.. Drumsteve.. Daniel Schorr.. Paul Newmann..*

something awfully familiar about this list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Wibbs wrote: »

Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

No individual grudges held...

Debate will always bring passion out of people. So even if I completely disagree with someone's opinion, I like that they have one. I find un-opinionated people quite frustrating for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I put your man who always signed his posts on ignore

The prick who was a fan of pumpkins? He did my head in, not sure if he's still about, stopped signing his posts like that so I don't care anymore

There's one poster seems to have a personal vendetta against me, will argue with me at every possible opportunity. I normally argue back in fairness but I don't start it :pac:

Have had several arguments with other posters but nothing that would be memorable to either party so they're forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

No certainly don't hold grudges, don't have nor would I put anybody on ignore, even though a few posters really wind me up sometimes, I try to ignore and not read there posts but I just cant stop myself, Think I have posterighteous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I find un-opinionated people quite frustrating for some reason...

Yeah or the people that are overly PC and are neutral on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

darced wrote: »
    I would never hold a grudge about something on an internet forum but like most I would enjoy getting one up on someone I regularly butt heads with.

I once had such a grudge held against me that a regular forum sparring partner had to put down his keyboard and privately contact me to advise me that the grudge had been taken to several other forums and social media sites.

I think people who hold real grudges over such trivial matters have deeper underlying problems.

:eek:

Jesus what happened

• Advertisement

esforum wrote: »

In my world a discussion consists of more than one sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

No but I'm pretty sure one has a grudge against me,she reminds me of ol mother hen,clucking squawking and flapping around the place when ever I post something she doesn't agree with...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Nope, life's too short and my memory isn't good enough :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Oh My god, Someone on the Internet has a different viewpoint and opinion Torch and pitchforks !! Oh wait, I don't care. I do like a good back and forth exchange though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Sounds healthy.

Sounds healthy.

What sounds unhealthy to you?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    Get this back on topic please. I've removed a number of posts which are not suitable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Fowl play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I've been on boards for 13 years :eek:

In that time I tried out the ignore function on I think two posters but realised it was kinda sad so took them off again.

I don't hold grudges as such but there are one or two who if I'm in bad form can kind of get under my skin. That's when I close boards and don't bother with it for a while.

I think the most annoying thing is posters who have been around a while who think they are hilarious by making rude and abrupt comments on the likes of Feedback and Prison. It's so damn cringey.

• Advertisement

There's no point in having a small mind unless you're going to use it. Not holding a grudge is akin to wasting your talent.

Advertisement