Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you hold Boards grudges?

• 26-04-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

I've been on this thing years now and throughout the time I've had some pretty intense arguments with people. Some of those people tend to hold grudges and they'd rather shoot themselves than agree with you in another thread as a result. Other posters will take apart your argument completely yet the next thread they'll have no trouble agreeing with you if they do. Do you have grudges and do you find people hold grudges against you?

I find most people on here pretty reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

There are a few, they take great joy in announcing to one and all that they are putting me on ignore.....meh, I think if you don't piss off 1 or 2 people on boards you're just not doing it right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Effort of that

Life's forever too short to hold a grudge againest an anoymus person posting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I don't think I've fallen out with a boardsie. I do tend to bow out when threads get ridiculous though. I deal with that sort of thing enough in real life, I don't need it on boards too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's one lad who's arguments I enjoy tearing apart cause they're usually a little silly. There's another poster who usually gets banned who I never realise who they are till they say something offensively stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I've been on this thing years now and throughout the time I've had some pretty intense arguments with people. Some of those people tend to hold grudges and they'd rather shoot themselves than agree with you in another thread as a result. Other posters will take apart your argument completely yet the next thread they'll have no trouble agreeing with you if they do. Do you have grudges and do you find people hold grudges against you?

I find most people on here pretty reasonable.

Fuc you Eddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I report everyone in case I have a grudge against them.
    Unfortunately, that means the mods have a grudge against me. And they don't use lube
    :(

The pettiness of holding a grudge on an anonymous forum!

Have had plenty of clashes. But find over time I will often end up strongly agreeing with the same poster on a different topic. It's the newer posters who seem to have trouble letting go of issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Na, I don't hold grudges.

And if people hold grudges against me just because I'm always and they are always wrong then that's their problem, not mine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Only one grudge of any significant consequence, but it's best not to air that in public.

I'm a total and utter arsehole to a handful of posters in the Feedback forum, but only because I enjoy pointing out the stupidity in some of the really stupid complaints that get made in there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Na, I don't hold grudges.

And if people hold grudges against me just because I'm always and they are always wrong then that's their problem, not mine.

PAINT MY CHICKEN COUP :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There are a few, they take great joy in announcing to one and all that they are putting me on ignore.....meh, I think if you don't piss off 1 or 2 people on boards you're just not doing it right

You managed to get put on ignore lists with 130 odd posts? You may need to take a look at yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

endacl wrote: »
    You managed to get put on ignore lists with 130 odd posts? You may need to take a look at yourself...

Yes.....I've never been here before

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

cantdecide wrote: »
    PAINT MY CHICKEN COUP :mad:
    Coop.

I'm a grammar nazi. Feel free to haight me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not really there's a few posters I don't really like but they don't bother me.
    Now there's a certain YouTube user who cycles around Dublin with a camera on his helmet giving out to ladies with flat tyres. I wouldn't mind to see him fall off his bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Now there's a certain YouTube user who cycles around Dublin with a camera on his helmet giving out to ladies with flat tyres. I wouldn't mind to see him fall off his bike!

WTF

That's pure random...why would someone do that

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Half the fun is knowing the other person is so freaked out at you they pop up in every thread trying to get one over on you ,
    Always found people who hold grudges amusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Not really there's a few posters I don't really like but they don't bother me.

I must look up that thread again. It was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The ignore one is hilarious, there was a guy a few years back had half AH and Politics on ignore! I swear he's here somewhere arguing with himself.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

endacl wrote: »
    Coop.

I'm a grammar nazi. Feel free to haight me.

Amazing how Urban Dictionary has gross references for the most harmless sounding things.

Chicken coop eh, who knew

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ive put some on a mental ignore, sometimes temporarily, sometimes more permanently. Tried the actual ignore button once and found it a bit sad and daft TBH. A few others I'd put in categories in my head alright. Ah right so.. you're one of those people eh? Sometimes they later surprise which is cool, more often they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There are a few condescending know it all's that I don't like but I wouldn't hold a grudge. The Corinthian was a bollix but I think he's gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah, you say that now but two and a half years ago you changed your tune. :rolleyes:
    Patww79 wrote: »

Most poster who I would disagree with on topics I could agree with or thank on other topics.

There are a small number though (one or two of whom have closed their accounts) that I would go out of my way to disagree with as I really dislike them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

There was a mod once who used spout really awful vitriolic woman hating stuff. A real chip on his shoulder because of some perceived bad treatment from an ex of his.

He was so argumentative and condescending with it (on any subject) that I just couldn't bear seeing his posts so I put him on ignore. He followed me about for a bit into different threads being argumentative, whether by accident or design I don't know but he was creepy.

And another poster who said quite nasty things about animals that just made me think that I'd rather not read any if their posts.

There's a few gob****es about but I just pay no attention for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Not really there's a few posters I don't really like but they don't bother me. Now there's a certain YouTube user who cycles around Dublin with a camera on his helmet giving out to ladies with flat tyres. I wouldn't mind to see him fall off his bike!

He might just find himself launched into one of those barbed wire traps some psycho has been planting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

WTF

That's pure random...why would someone do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Everyone should just chill:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I dont hold grudges here or in real life, its too short.

Initially I got hot and bothered by other posters but then I realised I was only bugging myself and why would you login somewhere to get annoyed? So now, if you disagree then grand whatever, if you constantly talk ****e its easier to just ignore and move on.

I had about 8 people on my ignore list and I am sure I am on a few. I emptied the list on the bygones be bygones policy, 3 went back in within a week and one of them shall remain there forever

The only one that really bugs me if when I post someone like "fair enough, lets agree to disagree" or similar and they will use that as a reason to attack you even more!