Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you hold Boards grudges?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Board's helped me realize there's a diverse of world view's,personalities and agendas.

It thought me how to be more tolerant and understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Used to get into lots of arguments, but that was a looong time ago and I was only a young fella back then.

I've never used Ignore though. Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer... aaaaaand it's useless when someone quotes an ignored poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I don't tend to remember people's names. If I do, I can't remember if it's because I like them or because we had a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I hate everyone equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I have an excel sheet that I update daily, with my grudge history organised by scale of grudge crossed with frequency of grudge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

osarusan wrote: »
    I have an excel sheet that I update daily, with my grudge history organised by scale of grudge crossed with frequency of grudge.

Do you call it "The Grudge Report"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

osarusan wrote: »

Have you used conditional formatting to colour code INTENSITY of grudge?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

maudgonner wrote: »
    Do you call it "The Grudge Report"?
    Have you used conditional formatting to colour code INTENSITY of grudge?

Yes yes, keep these suggestions coming.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I don't have the energy to care that much about people I disagree with on the internet.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I don't get why anyone would use the ignore function. Generally there's always going to be someone on a forum who doesn't agree with you.

There was one poster who pretended to ignore people. Someone would say "why haven't you countered (insert politically left leaning poster here)'s posts and the poster in question would right back "what posts I don't see any posts and then later reply to said posts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Ignore function is a pain as inevitably someone quotes the poster and your curiosity is piqued so you unignore them and find yourself back in arguments because of their idiotic opinions. At least, that's what happened to me.

There's a few posters that consistently get on my tits. I just try to ignore them and leave the thread or just enjoy as other posters have a go at them.

I don't hold grudges but I am aware of certain posters' agendas and know that getting into back and forths with them will lead to me tearing out what's left off my hair while they just roll onto another victim. I will make sure not to take their bait or if they quote me, I'll try my best to ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I report everyone in case I have a grudge against them.
    Unfortunately, that means the mods have a grudge against me. And they don't use lube
    :(

You asked us not to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You asked us not to...

I meant not to put it in ther. .
    Oh never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Some posters are fond of the verbal gymnastics and pseudo intellectual armchair psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Nah not really, it's not that serious. Some people can be a little cunty and disrespectful in arguments though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There are a few condescending know it all's that I don't like but I wouldn't hold a grudge.
    Hello! *waves*. Quick, someone quote me in case Mr V has me on ignore. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some posters are fond of the verbal gymnastics and pseudo intellectual armchair psychology.
    And again! :eek: Get out of my head you barsteward. :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hello! *waves*. Quick, someone quote me in case Mr V has me on ignore. :D

I'd never put you on ignore Wibbs. You're like the encyclopedia of boards, always something relevant to say. :)

*paypal transaction to Mr Vain at usual retainer fee*

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

There's a particular poster who really just irritates me to the core anytime I encounter them. I can't help it. I can't understand how other posters take this fella seriously as an adult based on their utter stupidity and arrogance in nearly every thread I've witnessed them in. The village idiot and the town drunk of Boards.ie rolled into one train wreck of a poster.

• Advertisement

*shíte they're coming out of the woodwork tonight. Fires up the account again. Advance Paypal transaction to Herr Bricks at usual retainer fee*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup a couple but there's always one specific one with who it never ends..... They have wreaked a long road of hair pulling in many a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ignore function is a pain as inevitably someone quotes the poster and your curiosity is piqued so you unignore them and find yourself back in arguments because of their idiotic opinions. At least, that's what happened to me.

There's a few posters that consistently get on my tits. I just try to ignore them and leave the thread or just enjoy as other posters have a go at them.

I don't hold grudges but I am aware of certain posters' agendas and know that getting into back and forths with them will lead to me tearing out what's left off my hair while they just roll onto another victim. I will make sure not to take their bait or if they quote me, I'll try my best to ignore them.

The ignore function is click bait! Seriously I've one poster on ignore, only posts on soccer so doesn't effect modding forums, doubt I've missed any pearls if wisdom on soccer tactics and formations.

But nah, it's pretty pointless, even a stopped clock can get it right! Look at Wibbs and his watches.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I do not have a boards nemesis. Am I missing out? Should I hold interviews?

I do not have a boards nemesis. Am I missing out? Should I hold interviews?

Pick me, pick me!!!

Pick me, pick me!!!

Hmm. What could you bring to the role of nemesis?

KERSPLAT, you're so ridey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

There are a few, they take great joy in announcing to one and all that they are putting me on ignore.....meh, I think if you don't piss off 1 or 2 people on boards you're just not doing it right

The 'im putting you on ignore' post is just about the saddest thing on boards at the minute, also, I am putting you on ignore :D:D:D

Depp wrote: »
    The 'im putting you on ignore' post is just about the saddest thing on boards at the minute, also, I am putting you on ignore :D:D:D

Reading your post I keep picturing Fr. Noel Furlong putting Tony in his list of enemies.

"You've done it now Tony"

Hmm. What could you bring to the role of nemesis?

KERSPLAT, you're so ridey ;)

Well, there's that...

• Advertisement

Well, there's that...

I see. This means war. I may need to resort to burning your home down to compete with your powers. But that could be a tad extreme.

Advertisement