Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which drivers are you following in F1 this season?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭

Vote for the drivers you are following here.

Vote for your drivers here. 289 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Daniel Ricciardo
    2%
    BFassassinEvilMonkeyGrim.Pogmothonev3ttelgerbear1RED PASSIONShaunieVW 8 votes
    Lewis Hamilton
    3%
    tonedefv3ttelDaniel SlolieGarITgreedygoblinBrian_ZeluzRED PASSIONStallingrad 9 votes
    Nico Rosberg
    8%
    KillerShamrockZiabRjohnnysmackCharlie-Bravoh3000Damien360MyrddinOSI-gilly-09-Glico ManMike LitorisPogmothoneerrlloydStainless_SteelrestingpilgrimhotwhiskeyDaniel SJordan 199lolieAutosport 25 votes
    Fernando Alonso
    5%
    Slutmonkey57b11811tonedefVegetaZiabRh3000-gilly-09-errlloydgerbear1freestylaZcottSnowDriftsBrian_ZeluzMudmaskPopePalpatine 15 votes
    Kimi Raikkonen
    6%
    Beekaydor83BFassassinFrank BullittZiabRjohnnysmackEvilMonkeyMyrddinvincenzolorenzoSitecmanutd4lifeCol200sxMike LitorishotwhiskeyAutosportBrian_ZeluzKarlFitz01Joeseph BallsOldMrBrennan83 19 votes
    Roman Grosjean
    12%
    DcullyBeekayKillerShamrockFirewalkwithmedor8311811tonedefOblomovBFassassinh3000EvilMonkeyOSISitecmanutd4lifeCol200sxStainless_SteelLandoflemonv3ttelDaniel Sfreestyla 35 votes
    Pastor Maldonado
    3%
    KillerShamrockjohnnysmackh3000MyrddinHigginsJGlico ManlolieMax_ChargerMudmaskGorman700 10 votes
    Jenson Button
    0%
    Frankie Lee 1 vote
    Kevin Magnussen
    11%
    .akSlutmonkey57bBeekayKillerShamrockFirewalkwithmeCharlie-Bravoh3000MyrddinGrim.bitemybangermickdwOSI-gilly-09-HigginsJSitecMike LitorisedgyH3llR4iserv3ttelfreestyla 34 votes
    Sergio Perez
    6%
    andymanKillerShamrockOblomovVegetaZiabRGrim.OSIGlico ManMike LitorisDaniel SlolieABitofsenseMax_ChargerBrian_ZeluzDingaanKarlFitz01NordicgaelHanalei 18 votes
    Nico Hulkenberg
    2%
    -gilly-09-v3ttellolieItsChecoTimeRED PASSIONKarlFitz01 6 votes
    Esteban Gutierrez
    10%
    Slutmonkey57bandymanBeekayKillerShamrocktonedefVegetaBFassassinZiabRCharlie-Bravoh3000EvilMonkeyMyrddinGrim.-gilly-09-Glico Manv3ttelgerbear1Daniel Sloliefreestyla 30 votes
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    HigginsJ 1 vote
    Jean-Eric Vergne
    0%
    Daniil Kvyat
    0%
    Felipe Massa
    1%
    v3ttelDaniel SNordicgael 3 votes
    Valterri Bottas
    12%
    andymanBeekayFirewalkwithme11811tonedefVegetaelmolestoBFassassinCharlie-Bravoh3000EvilMonkeyMyrddinGrim.mickdwOSIInfoanonmanutd4lifeGlico ManhotwhiskeyH3llR4iser 35 votes
    Jules Bianchi
    4%
    andymanFirewalkwithme11811MyrddinSitecDaniel SloliefreestylaLionbackerABitofsenseBrian_ZeluzStallingradKarlFitz01Nordicgael 14 votes
    Max Chilton
    2%
    h3000HigginsJmanutd4lifefreestylaLionbackerGarITPopePalpatine 7 votes
    Marcus Ericsson
    0%
    gerbear1 1 vote
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Atari Jaguar
    6%
    BeekaytonedefBFassassinjohnnysmackCharlie-BravoEvilMonkey[Deleted User]mickdwGlico ManMike LitorisfreestylaovershootAutosportGarITpadraig29Brian_ZeluzPopePalpatinecalanus 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Valterri Bottas
    I'm very interested in the McLaren drivers this year. Interesting to see them gamble on a rookie, they'll hardly unearth another Lewis Hamilton but I feel KM will be competitive. I'd love Button to win the title, admittedly that's partly because of his father dying but I've always liked him.

And I hope Hulkenberg has a strong season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hanalei wrote: »
    I'm very interested in the McLaren drivers this year. Interesting to see them gamble on a rookie, they'll hardly unearth another Lewis Hamilton but I feel KM will be competitive. I'd love Button to win the title, admittedly that's partly because of his father dying but I've always liked him.

And I hope Hulkenberg has a strong season.

All of that. Plus Massa. I'd love to see him outperform both Ferraris, having played second fiddle for so long. I think the title is beyond Williams but there are very few more worthy victors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Valterri Bottas
    Can a mod edit this poll. I don't know how Atari Jaguar made it into it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jules Bianchi
    I'll be following quite a few drivers, & hoping they do well:

Hamilton
    Alonso
    Grosjean
    Button
    Hulkenberg
    Massa
    Botas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Max Chilton
    Grosjean, Button, Gutierrez & Bianchi are the 4 for me. Really think Grosjean can make a run at the title if the car is there. Can't wait to see Bianchi in a car capable of winning races next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Roman Grosjean
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Atari Jaguar
    Hulkenburg, Massa, Kobayashi, Button and Alonso just to see how he handles Kimi :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Kevin Magnussen
    I will be following Jenson Button,I want to see if he still has it now that McLaren seem to have a good car again and that Ron Dennis is back to kick some butt.
    I hope Vettel has a meltdown and throws a hissy fit at all the RB crew and that he kicks the sh!t out of his car when it breaks down on the opening lap of the 1st race.
    I hope Kimi wipes the floor with Alonso too.
    And I want to see Kobayashi doing his breathtaking bansai overtaking moves again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Kevin Magnussen
    Atari Jaguar, closely followed by Super Nintendo. Could be a Mega Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Roman Grosjean
    Alonso and Kimi. Fully expect Alonso to compete for the title again and he would be my favourite for it too, even if the Ferrari isn't the best car he will get the results. If Kimi drives as well as he did last year Ferrari should win the constructors title, so long as the car isn't hugely unreliable that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Atari Jaguar
    Button massa and koboyashi for me.
    Will also be hoping for rosberg to best Hamilton, kimi to beat alonso and grosjean to beat pastor m. I'm also hoping that Vettel is nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Kimi Raikkonen
    Alonso. I hope he gets the title with Ferrari he deserves this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Esteban Gutierrez
    Lotus should be interesting because I hate both of their drivers. However I hate Maldonado a lot more, so that puts me in the position of rooting for a driver I have basically no respect for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Esteban Gutierrez
    I will be following the below list closely:

Hamilton
    Rosberg
    Alonso
    Magnussen
    Hulkenberg

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Kevin Magnussen
    Driver: Button
    Team: Williams

I'll be delighted if there's wins for both this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Felipe Massa
    Even with Di Resta gone from the grid, I'd still like to see Force India do well. For varying reasons, the main drivers I'll look out for are:

Vettel,
    Button,
    Ricciardo,
    Force India x2,
    Kvyat

Over the course of the season, I'd really like to see Rosberg beat Hamilton and Kimi beat Alonso. Also, a Williams fighting towards the front of the grid would be a lovely sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Atari Jaguar
    Rosberg (especially because I bet on him when he was at 16/1 :D), Hulkenberg, Massa and Kobayashi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Atari Jaguar
    Lewis, Jenson, Hulk, Massa, Kamui - Nice setup of drivers from various teams. My Team choice is probably going to be decided after watching the first race to see which was most enjoyable.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Atari Jaguar
    Alonso
    Hamilton
    Button
    Magnussen
    Kobayashi

I've always rooted for Williams and really want to this year but I just dont like Massa and couldn't care less about Bottas. Grrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Button, Koboyashi and Ricciardo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Atari Jaguar has more votes than Max Chilton.

Lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Atari Jaguar
    SamAK wrote: »
    Atari Jaguar has more votes than Max Chilton.

Lolz.

Max Chilton would probably vote for Atari Jaguar ahead of himself.

Myself, I'll be following:

Hamilton (Looks to have the package to win it this year)
    Grosjean (Steps out of Kimi's shadow, pressure on his shoulders this year?)
    Magnussen (Has great speed, and McLaren look quick)
    Hulkenberg (Exceptionally talented driver)
    Massa (Steps out of the Ferrari shadows, no longer a number 2 driver)
    and everyone's favourite banzai driver, Kamui ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Valterri Bottas
    Great to see Felipe getting a high amount of votes with 26 so far. He only got 8 votes in a poll I setup last August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Jules Bianchi
    WHAT?? No option for Susie Wolff??? :P

God knows we'll probably hear more ****e about her this year than some of the backmarkers who are actually racing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Felipe Massa
    WHAT?? No option for Susie Wolff??? :P

God knows we'll probably hear more ****e about her this year than some of the backmarkers who are actually racing...

I know this isn't popular to say, but I really don't get the hate for her.

I mean, I know I'm not talented enough to drive a Formula One car, but if someone gave me an opportunity, there isn't a hope I would say no.

There are numerous examples of people over the years who actually had a race seat that were also in the same category of "Not good enough". I'm sure you can pick out the examples yourself.

Aside from the driving, she came across as being quite likeable and spoke very intelligently when she joined Sky F1 for a race weekend last season. I'd like to see her do well when she gets the chance in a practice session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Valterri Bottas
    Alonso and Kimi.
    Massa and Grosjean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jules Bianchi
    v3ttel wrote: »

I mean, I know I'm not talented enough to drive a Formula One car, but if someone gave me an opportunity, there isn't a hope I would say no.

There are numerous examples of people over the years who actually had a race seat that were also in the same category of "Not good enough". I'm sure you can pick out the examples yourself.

Aside from the driving, she came across as being quite likeable and spoke very intelligently when she joined Sky F1 for a race weekend last season. I'd like to see her do well when she gets the chance in a practice session.

I'm inclined to agree. Ok her career history isn't all that great, but who's to say she might not take to F1 better than other disciplines? Look at Kimi, when he went to rallying he wasn't all that hot if I recall? But more than decent in an F1 car...& while I'm not comparing Suzie to Kimi in any way...I'd like to see what she can do before writing her off... (maybe she has already posted times in an F1 car which makes my point completely moot :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Esteban Gutierrez
    What I like about Suzie and Williams is that there's no massive hyperbole about the arrangement. They don't claim she's the next Hamilton, they're clear about why she's on the team and she seems to do genuine work which the engineers are clearly happy with.

I'll happily have Wolff in f1 ahead of another year of Narain, or listen to DiResta whinge at everyone after he gets beaten/puts it in the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Jules Bianchi
    I really wasn't trying to slag off Susie Wolff with that comment, more so the media and the hype they create and the hyperbole they use about the couple of practice runs she will be doing.

There have been, still are and always will be drivers who never deserved an F1 drive but we all know it's primarily a business rather than a sport these days.

Of course it could be worse, anyone remember Chanock Nissany?

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »

Are there many who are that much slower than top drivers though? Hell, Diniz used to keep up with his teammates sometimes, and as I pointed out before, Chilton was slower than his teammate, but only by the same amount Webber was slower than Vettel. She's on a much lower level even than that. It's approaching Milka Duno proportions tbh, I find it hard to beelieve they can get anything useful out of her participation. But hey, let's believe that's the case rather than having anything to do with her surname and the Williams surname for this year, because we're just not that cynical.

Advertisement