Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Football League Final : Dublin V Kerry

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭PressRun

On the Div 2 match, I thought Tyrone looked very impressive. They're as strong as ever in defence, but they have a couple of good options up front now too, and the transition from defence to attack looks quite smooth. They looked built as well. While Cavan certainly didn't disgrace themselves and got some wonderful scores, I always kind of felt like Tyrone had them at an arm's length. They're not doling out any hammerings as such, but they're just doing enough to get along quietly. I'd be wary enough of meeting them in the championship.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

PressRun wrote:
    . I'd be wary enough of meeting them in the championship.
    Yep they look handy nearly did the biz on kerry last year and had a super tactical set up. They have one of the top managers in the game and they can set up to beat you with a sting at the end before you can recover, certainly a real division 1 team, the best in ulster this year imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It very rarely puts off the player. Actually, in many ways it's a big compliment for a player to be booed by opposing fans! Still don't like it though and have never done it myself. I've said it time and again that I want to see the best of every player on the pitch, my team and the opposition. So why would I want to put somebody off their game??

To help your team win.

They do similar things in lots of other sports to try and disrupt players.

I don't do it myself either as I couldn't be bothered but I don't mind it and I don't see the big deal with it.

The players certainly don't behave in a sporting manner so why should the fans be complete angels as long as they don't cause any direct trouble for anybody else.

munster87 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've always been surprised by the praise he gets. He's a hard worker though, similar to Donncha Walsh for Kerry

He's won 4 all stars in a row and deservedly so, he's a good deal better than Donncha Walsh.

He hadn't a great year last year but he's a great player.He was Dublin best player in 2 of their last 3 games last years despite having a down year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

corny wrote: »
    Thats normally the case between Dublin and Kerry. People will hold Flynn to a higher standard because his team won but i'd say they were both at it. Not much in it in truth.

Even the likes of Donaghy, who is sinner and sinned against in epic proportions, move on when the whistle is blown.

I'd say Donaghy is absolute nightmare to play against, but in fairness I've never seen him being anything other than gracious in defeat - seems to make a point of finding fellas to shake hands with.

Just on a side note, anyone who thinks that Dublin supporters invented boohing opposing players wasn't at any of the 70s games! Look at the '77 semi final. Was that Mulllin's ma throwing him the fruit :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

He hadn't a great year last year but he's a great player.He was Dublin best player in 2 of their last 3 games last years despite having a down year.

That's true. He contributed significantly against Kerry in the second half last year Walsh didn't raise his game when needed. Flynn will win a ball in midfield that walsh won't and kick a pass walsh won't see. Walsh is a great support runner and good on quick exchanges he has something flynn hasn't but Flynn has a winners mentality.

I'll take our poor man's Paul Galvin over many tbh.:)

Scored a goal today, poor man.

Stoner wrote: »
    That's true. He contributed significantly against Kerry in the second half last year Walsh didn't raise his game when needed. Flynn will win a ball in midfield that walsh won't and kick a pass walsh won't see. Walsh is a great support runner and good on quick exchanges he has something flynn hasn't but Flynn has a winners mentality.

I'll take our poor man's Paul Galvin over many tbh.:)

Scored a goal today, poor man.

When Dublin took over and pushed on in last years all Ireland at the start of the second half Flynn was the main driving force he also did a brilliant defensive job in the first half of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

When Dublin took over and pushed on in last years all Ireland at the start of the second half Flynn was the main driving force he also did a brilliant defensive job in the first half of the game.

Flynn on song is an unstoppable force of nature. Unlike say Connolly, he maximises the output from his effort when on top of his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Well that final yesterday was never a 11 point game. A foolish sending off and error on the opening goal gave the final scoreline a flattering look. For 62 mins it was a close competitive game with Dublin leading by just two points 0-15 to 0-13. Dublin the better team on day no doubt but i think Kerry can take plenty out of the game also as they aim to topple the Dubs this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Gael85

munster87 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've always been surprised by the praise he gets. He's a hard worker though, similar to Donncha Walsh for Kerry

Flynn is one of our main leaders and man for the big occasion. Played last year through the pain barrier. Scoring 11-67 in 85 championship and league games and 4 All Stars isn't too bad for a hard worker. Galvin or Walsh scoring average be at that level

• Advertisement
Advertisement