Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Football League Final : Dublin V Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭PressRun

Was there any communication between goalkeeper and backs there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

PressRun wrote: »
    Kealy. Jesus Christ.

Wasn't his fault in my opinion.The defender waited for the ball to come to him rather than going to the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Was the backs fault for standing waiting for the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Wasn't his fault in my opinion.The defender waited for the ball to come to him rather than going to the ball.

Yea, in the replay you can see the defender just stop, almost expecting the ball to go beyond him and his marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not too much wrong with the Dublin full back line, they have handled the predictable aerial bombardment directed at Donaghy very well.McManamon Kerry's arch nemesis has popped up for his usual quota of scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Donaghy finally gets a bleedin card!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Lowndes delighted for him,always great too see a local lad getting in on the act.

This is turning into a bad beating.

Bit of a joke of a game since the red

A proper Thrashing in the end. Looking good for another Dublin All Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sheehan graceful in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

When Dublin open the flood gates they know how to open them.

11 points is a hammering in any mans book

Wow an eleven point game!Just emphasises how hard it going to be to dethrone Dublin this year.They won at a canter in the end pulling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

STB. wrote: »
    Sheehan graceful in defeat.

Flynn busy trash talking a few times over the last few minutes of the game, including after the game. Never noticed him at UT before, but it's still bad form.

Nice to see Ciaran Kilkenny ag caint cupla focal as gaeilge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Classy stuff from Paul Flynn.

Is it any wonder they're hated by all outside the pale.

Torricelli wrote: »
    Classy stuff from Paul Flynn.

Is it any wonder they're hated by all outside the pale.

What did he do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Flynn busy trash talking a few times over the last few minutes of the game, including after the game. Never noticed him at UT before, but it's still bad form.

Kerry went out with a game plan in mind today Cowley and Donaghy checking men badly in the fiart half and in Cowleys case going well beyond the norm. Their captain deserved all the slack he took at the end, he led them out with that attitude in all fairness.

I did see flynn talking all right but only to Sheehan.

And also to be honest I've seen the two of them at it in the past .

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

seligehgit wrote:
    Not too much wrong with the Dublin full back line, they have handled the predictable aerial bombardment directed at Donaghy very well.McManamon Kerry's arch nemesis has popped up for his usual quota of scores.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

munster87 wrote: »
    What did he do?
    Goading Bryan Sheehan after the game. He was at it in the last few minutes of the game as well. Laughing in the Kerry players' faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Dublin the much better team today with or without the red card. They'll be difficult to beat come championship.

Only positive for Kerry is that we have O'Donoghue Maher and Geaney to come back.

Thought Paul Murphy played very well today. A really talented guy.

Really disappointed with O'Mahony. The camera didn't replay it but I can imagine what he did. He always seeks confrontation.

Goading Bryan Sheehan after the game. He was at it in the last few minutes of the game as well. Laughing in the Kerry players' faces.

Must be a history there. Flynn for a lad who works hard was poor again today overall imo, until he was handed a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Stoner wrote: »
    Kerry went out with a game plan in mind today Cowley and Donaghy checking men badly in the fiart half and in Cowleys case going well beyond the norm. Their captain deserved all the slack he took at the end, he led them out with that attitude in all fairness.

I did see flynn talking all right but only to Sheehan.

And also to be honest I've seen the two of them at it in the past .

It's Crowley.

munster87 wrote: »
    Must be a history there. Flynn for a lad who works hard was poor again today overall imo, until he was handed a goal
    Very over rated player. Kilkenny and Connolly carry that half forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

They just showed the OMahoney incident on TG4 from a different angle. Not surprising at all.

Very over rated player. Kilkenny and Connolly carry that half forward line.

Yeah, I've always been surprised by the praise he gets. He's a hard worker though, similar to Donncha Walsh for Kerry

The supporters booing the opposition during Cluxton's speech didn't cover themselves in glory.

It looked fairly poor form from Flynn at the end, but I think the way Kerry went about this match was all wrong, imo.

Pretty surprised if Paul Flynn was trash talking,he is not that sort of player.I'm sure they were both at it,tensions can run a bit high.Not the easiest when you've lost a game by a large margin but one should always be magnanimous in victory and graceful in defeat irrespective of how much it hurts in the immediate aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sure Dublin were clear by 11 at that stage. I'm sure he was telling him the score alright. No need to behave like that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What in the lord lamping jaysus is this laochra gael nonsense, its like something the simpsons would come out with

Advertisement