Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Football League Final : Dublin V Kerry

Options
  • 24-04-2016 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to it , should be a great game and great occassion with 80,000 expected at the game.

I think this is a big game for Kerry as they haven't beaten Dublin in a big match in a whole and could use a boost before the championship when they are likely to face Dublin at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Same as,it should be a cracking contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Really looking forward to it , should be a great game and great occassion with 80,000 expected at the game.

I think this is a big game for Kerry as they haven't beaten Dublin in a big match in a whole and could use a boost before the championship when they are likely to face Dublin at some stage.

Definitely be a big result for Kerry. Can't see them winning though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

People always complain about TG4 broadcasting in Irish (no problem for me) but by far the biggest issue with their coverage is they have no HD channel.

This is a huge game and it really should be broadcast in HD. The GAA should maybe think about that for future league finals.

I've got is used to HD now that it's almost like being blind looking at TG4 today.

People always complain about TG4 broadcasting in Irish (no problem for me) but by far the biggest issue with their coverage is they have no HD channel.

This is a huge game and it really should be broadcast in HD. The GAA should maybe think about that for future league finals.

I've got is used to HD now that it's almost like being blind looking at TG4 today.

TBH I don't even take any heed of the lack of HD on TG4. Their coverage of all matters GAA is top class including Seo Spoirt.

Jim Gavin is a wonderful manager but he tends to give the most bland,formulaic interviews... Tough opposition, tough game after another trouncing.All about the processes and building for the championship.Nothing wrong with same but just so boringly predictable.I'd love if he revealed even a tad more of what makes him tick.I suppose you don't become an aircorp pilot without a cool,level headed personality.It just doesn't make for great press.Why on earth would he care with his management record?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I swear to christ, if connolly starts his shtick of taking all the momentum out of the ball he needs to be pulled fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I suspect most people would prefer a game not in HD but with English commentary than a a game in HD but in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No problem with them broadcasting in irish, sure even if you've a smattering of irish you'll pick it up..they keep it simple

Why not just tune into the radio if its a big deal

Yeah the Irish doesn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

But why is the biggest game of the league campaign broadcast in a language that less than 5% of the population understand to a level that they can follow the commentary?

Surely people could agree that RTE should be showing it. Another big reason why the GAA will never grow beyond a certain level. So much insularity going on in the organisation holding it back.

• Advertisement

Great start this far,Stephen O Brien showing well for Kerry.

There will be cards for Kerry if they continue this fouling. Dublin looking rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Surely people could agree that RTE should be showing it. Another big reason why the GAA will never grow beyond a certain level. So much insularity going on in the organisation holding it back.

TG4 deserve tremendous credit for devoting resources to deliver quality GAA coverage across underage (U21) club competitions and League.
    To give RTE the right to broadcast a game such as this because of who is involved would be insulting in my view.

Lovely score by the Gooch.

The standard of football thus far is absolutely top class.

Gooch's contributions so far are a joy to behold.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Gooch's contributions so far are a joy to behold.

He is running rings around McMahon, backs getting frustrated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Good game of ball so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,061 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So great scores in it, really enjoyable

He is running rings around McMahon, backs getting frustrated now.

Marc O Se is having his troubles with Bernard Brogan, Paul Flynn is doing a lot of good work.

• Advertisement

Switch needed for Kerry, Brogan is roasting Marc O Se.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭PressRun

Kerry number 2 is going to get turned inside out by Brogan eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Donaghy reffing the game I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭PressRun

I wish we wouldn't keep having to talk about refs, but Kinsella making some bizarre calls.

This is a fantastic match. Players taking each other on, backing their ability and not afraid to make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Kinsella seems too have forgotten it's ok to show a yellow too a Kerry player,Donaghy should have received a yellow for dissent and for the constant fouling Kerry are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Good game so far.

Marc O'Se has to be taken off.I thought he was over the hill last year and would have retired as he's just not up to it anymore against top class opposition.He's an all time great but he's being cleaned out by Brogan.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Kinsella seems too have forgotten it's ok to show a yellow too a Kerry player,Donaghy should have received a yellow for dissent and for the constant fouling Kerry are at.

Do you mean for bouncing the ball?? Would've been a harsh yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,061 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

PressRun wrote: »
    Kerry number 2 is going to get turned inside out by Brogan eventually.

That number 2 you ate talking about is Marc O Se.

Who, with all due respect to him and what he has achieved, may not have a whole lot left in the tank.

Problem is Kerry have found it hard to identify anyone to replace him long term.

• Advertisement

That number 2 you ate talking about is Marc O Se.

Who, with all due respect to him and what he has achieved, may not have a whole lot left in the tank.

Problem is Kerry have found it hard to identify anyone to replace him long term.

What about the lad Brian O Beaglaoich who debuted in their earlier contest in Croke Park?After a shaky start I thought he grew into the contest,certainly one for the future.

Advertisement