Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,352 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The postman fella is an awful eejit.

I'm just watching now, he's very tough going!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭pgj2015

AMKC wrote: »
    Delighted for the two 74 year olds.

I thought Andrea and you man would have made a lovely couple but I guess she changed her mind lol. Myst have been the Harry Potter thing. It is a bit sad do a grown man sleeping in bed clothes aimed at teens but I ain't going to judge.

It looks like Carla got away lucky no second date for her and your man.
    The two gay lads did not work out that's a pity.

why do you assume Andrea changed her mind? did it say that? I might have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why do you assume Andrea changed her mind? did it say that? I might have missed it.

The captions at the end said that they would only remain as friends.

Passenger wrote: »
    The captions at the end said that they would only remain friends.

I know but the guy might have changed his mind.

Passenger wrote: »
    The captions at the end said that they would only remain friends.

I know but the guy might have changed his mind. she seemed a bit full on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

The girl at the end was so fit.

Harry Potter... Imagine that being your USP

In the job I do, I see men and women pay for a service they get. I have been asked out by some of these women. If I see that they aren't generous with money, I never accept. I might be wrong but I don't think so, like if you fancy someone surely you will be generous when paying them?

The girl at the end was so fit.

Harry Potter... Imagine that being your USP

:pac: when he was asking her what she was into outside work, I thought here is a guy who is into some interesting hobbies, wind gliding, snow boarding, mountain climbing. nope, he loves harry potter like a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That pair of priks with the string cups and cringey singing made us sit through their phoney salesperson flirting for 15 minutes then ended up friends?!

I was already writing them off for a marriage of silent hatred and sordid affairs.

:pac: when he was asking her what she was into outside work, I thought here is a guy who is into some interesting hobbies, wind gliding, snow boarding, mountain climbing. nope, he loves harry potter like a kid.

I"Iv e watched the movies 15 times hahaha"...
    I get it he was probably trying to come across quirky and dorky but sorry pal but that isn't gonna cut it. If you're mentioned HP like that you've got least add some humour, what was she meant to do with that information?

Also, wtf they doing having video chats when there's no relationship?

• Advertisement

I get it he was probably trying to come across quirky and dorky but sorry pal but that isn't gonna cut it. If you're mentioned HP like that you've got least add some humour, what was she meant to do with that information?

Its a bit like the guy from a previous season, he was around 30 and was telling his date he has a load of onesies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=onesies+for+adults&pws=0&gl=us&sxsrf=ALeKk032d_1IdZttSIf83OHXTJZj6Epqmw:1614899654763&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjUlJSC4pfvAhXESBUIHa3rBPUQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1280&bih=610#imgrc=3izfOiFZcqRT6M

BTW anybody on the show could come across this thread. Not meant to be mean but the show is there to watch with a bit of light hearted schadenfreude but also I know how cringeworthy I'd come across in such a setting. I can only imagine the stuff I'd come out with and how I'd come across. Just fun to watch and analyse it as if you'd never have any similar head in hands moments haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think that was Carla the nurse from up north and your man having the video chats because they are planning a second date but level 5 has stopped that so far.

it is strange how people still like the likes of harry potter as an adult. like I loved the teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon as a kid, imagine if I still did.

Carla & Kieran
    Kieran/Ciaran or whatever was tough going. Without meaning to sound harsh I think he basically copies Instagram for a personality.
    Andrea & John
    It was a little cringey and I think they'd both be all right people but I think he may be a bit geeky for her.
    Lain & Dean
    Lain got a bit of a land I think.
    Mary & Johnny
    They seem like they may get on, Mary may be a bit wild for him.

How
    it is strange how people still like the likes of harry potter as an adult. like I loved the teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon as a kid, imagine if I still did.

I actually read the books over lockdown, well 3 of them, just for something to do.

But your point is so legit. There's even things from childhood I still like the odd time(wrestling, Johnny bravo, nick shows) but they'd be more like quirks I'd bring up randomly, they're not my interests per se, just things I might watch every so often.

Like even if the lad watched HP movies 15 times each it's not that much time dedicated to something and that's assuming he's done that which I doubt he has haha.

Yeah but being a HP fan is more of a cult thing nowadays. Anyone catch the fella on next week talking about playing Quidditch?
    I loved me a bit of HP back in the day but now? Not so much!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I wasn't very interested in the first date involving the northern Irish girl, especially when the conversation didn't really extend very far beyond accents and spice bags. Another one here who's never had a spice bag btw.

Liked the older couple, great to see such zest for life at their ages. Wish there was more people like them on the show.

Felt quite bad for Lain, he was obviously hoping for a second date. I was expecting him to be a dope bit he seems sound enough.

Liked the date between the two sales managers even if the cringey singing was a bit much. It all feels a bit hollow though when we're immediately told it never went any further!

I wasn't very interested in the first date involving the northern Irish girl, especially when the conversation didn't really extend very far beyond accents and spice bags. Another one here who's never had a spice bag btw.

It seems to be mainly a Dublin thing mainly but have expanded due to social media. Very over rated.
    They are favored by the rougher type in my experience. (I know I said it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Her friend who waved at her is very familiar.. was she on the show herself before?

Last week or the week before.

Not sure if they know each other or if she was just giving some support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It seems to be mainly a Dublin thing mainly but have expanded due to social media. Very over rated.
    They are favored by the rougher type in my experience. (I know I said it)
    I heard that the spice bag was the original method for the propagation of Covid in Ireland. Nasty stuff!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I think people are giving the Dublin fella a hard time, he was obvs a bit of a jack the lad but he seemed genuine enough at the same time, and had much better banter than his date who I thought was a bit of a dose. He seemed like the type who could chat to anyone and be a bit of craic she didnt have much personality imo. She sucked at the accent bit and who hasn't heard of a spice bag? I'm near the border and everyone knows what they are.

Mary was awesome I want to hang out with her. And your man was sound as well.

The gay guy who was on for a 2nd time, ugh. I'm sorry, it's unny for a while but eventually that whole 'bitchy-gay' thing gets tiresome and he looked better without the fake tan he slathered on for the date that made him look like a Mexican dishwasher.

Andrea's date, bloody hell. A grown man telling a pretty girl you like Harry Potter... Might as well just kick a pile of sand up her vagina. I don't even feel bad for him, at least have a bit of cop on to hide that shameful proclivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Felt quite bad for Lain, he was obviously hoping for a second date. I was expecting him to be a dope bit he seems sound enough.
    !

I'm pretty certain he let the guy last year pay for the meal and then said no....as soon as I saw him that memory popped into my head.....so yeah, I don't have too much sympathy for him. ....and for the love of jesus if your going on a dining show please learn how to eat with your mouth closed, it was like watching a cow having a good aul chomp

Mary was gas....yeah I got my mass cards and a vibrator :D

Lad has been basing his personality off too many millenial memes. Went down like a lead balloon when she said she hated Potter. There is nothing with liking Potter at any age but I don't see how you'd use it as your go to on a date.
    Like, is it Harry Potter films or the book series? Do you like reading in general or just books about 12 year old wizards? Did the books influence the type of books you read later in life? Fiction vs non-fiction. "muh Harry Potter"

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

They're children's fantasy books. It's a signal of immense dorkitude and immaturity.

I love to read. I don't read Harry Potter because they're for kids. The one positive trait you can take for someone who reads is they are intelligent. But you can't even give those points to a Harry Potter fan as they are reading material written to be suitable for the reading level of a pre teen adolescent.

I would struggle to come up with a more surefire to make sure a grown woman will not shag you than to come out with that. It's not manly at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Postman Kieran had an image makeover between the video bits and the date. His accent also went much more Dub/Conor McGregor on the date. I thought the date version looked like PJ Gallagher's younger brother. Looked a lot older than 21. Good line of chat though Liked Carla - 2 nice Nordie girls in 2 weeks.

Dean seemed sound but didnt warm to Lain . Is it unusual for them to directly match jobs like haiedresseer - hairdresser and sales manager - sales manager Lain had a big makeover too
    He seemed very disappointed when Dean was younger than him.

Didnt think there was anything there between Andrea and John. She was lovely and really chatty. Thought at first he was holding back and she would have no interest but was wrong there.

And John and Mary. Lovely couple , really. Thought she was great craic abd seemed like an older country version of Marian Finucane. Having the sisters behind was fun. Would loved to have seen them all heading (shuffling) to the toilets and having a half time team talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Thought that was a weak enough episode myself, with John and Mary being the only real highlight.

The girl from Down seemed lovely and it's a shame she was matched with that dullard whose conversation topics didn't extend beyond "spoice bagz". We might've found out a bit more about her had she been matched with someone else.

The other daters were instantly forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Some really beautiful young cailini’s on this season. Last week the girl from Tipp was a mink, then this week the young wan from Down and Andrea are very pretty. And Mary from Tipp was a stunner too!!

Thought that was a weak enough episode myself, with John and Mary being the only real highlight.

The girl from Down seemed lovely and it's a shame she was matched with that dullard whose conversation topics didn't extend beyond "spoice bagz". We might've found out a bit more about her had she been matched with someone else.

The other daters were instantly forgettable.

The girl from Down and the ejit from Dublin were well matched.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

KevRossi wrote: »
    Last week or the week before.

Not sure if they know each other or if she was just giving some support.

Background people.might be in several episodes. Not all the dates in one episode are from the same day and they're edited together so you see the same people in the background over the weeks

Advertisement