Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you an

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haha when I was driving and someone was parked like an asshole, I would deliberately park as close to their drivers door as I possibly could.

If someone is rude to me when im paying for their service I am an absolute nightmare. For example yesterday I had to leave my phone in to be fixed. Last time they fixed it he messed up the battery and the screen was faulty. He's a surly git with a face as long as a wet weekend at the best of times. Handed in my phone told him my battery wasn't right and he said oh you probably need a new battery. Hello you jerk. It was fine until you got your hands on it. Never mind the battery just fix the screen please. His girlfriend/crush/female friend was at the counter and it was clear i interrupted their chat. He said to me i was to call back in 45 minutes. No thanks, I'll wait for it. This was going to make me 30 mins late for my next appointment but feck it. He was snapping anyway and she just left because obviously they couldn't continue their chat with me there.
    He had it fixed in 15 minutes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cathy.C wrote: »
    I use public toilets and piss on the seat. I walk around in the summertime saying "How about this heat?".
    Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces. While handicapped people make handicapped faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I can't acknowledge I'm wrong and only apologise in a superficial way a bit like Mr and Mrs Depp
    Yeah I apologise all the time but never mean it. I very rarely think I'm in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jester252 wrote: »
    What do you do that others will call you an a$$hole for doing? I will open my car door with no regard for the car beside me if it is in my space.

So someone, let's say a person that doesn't know it's your space, pulls up and parks their car.
    You come back and decide through your own utter bastardness to go and smack your door off of the car??
    Tbh, that's not being an asshole that's being an utter c***.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I always eat the last rolo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

+1 for belligerently maintaining my course on the footpath if people aren't looking where they are going/walking abreast in large groups/stopping to stare at the clouds for a minute.

In most aspects of life i am patient, reasonably kind and mature. Put me on Grafton street at the 5pm rush and i turn into a sociopath.

Is there a pedestrian equivalent of road rage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Boom_Bap wrote: »

You disgust me! Of all the vile thing posted in this thread!

I mean I understand parking in disabled spots and damaging other people's properties but eating the last rolo is horrible!

:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

The rest of us have had a chat and I'm afraid were going to have to ask you to step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ken wrote: »
    The rest of us have had a chat and I'm afraid were going to have to ask you to step down.

No , we havn't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ken wrote: »

Phew, as long as you're not asking me to step up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

i abuse people online & troll them for their stupidity--- yis big fubbing morons yiz*

*only joking....love yis all......or maybe im just trolling ya now 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ehhh Ann's OK how are you Jester252.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I act like I'm smarter than everyone else despite court documented evidence to the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

this will get me in trouble but after so many issies with cars parking on the footpath and having to walk on the road (with a wife in a wheelchair and 2 young kids) not too mention disabled spots I printed my own stickers. "Caution, asshole parking" and "being a wanker is not a disability"

If you parked facing into a driveway on the path blocking it or in a spot not for you and got a sticker, twas me and Im not one little bit sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

JustShon wrote: »
    I act like I know everything and tend to treat others as intellectually inferior to myself.

Ah t'is yourself! I see you're using computers now; good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

One thing that really annoys me is when you are on a narrow busy footpath in Dublin city centre and people take the opportunity to walk 4 abreast talking. Like I'd probably berate you, but then I'm the ***hole :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

bear1 wrote: »
    So someone, let's say a person that doesn't know it's your space, pulls up and parks their car.
    You come back and decide through your own utter bastardness to go and smack your door off of the car??
    Tbh, that's not being an asshole that's being an utter c***.

I referring to the white lines, if your too lazy to park properly between your own two white lines and encroach into the space I'm parked in, I'm going to be lazy with the care that I open my door with.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

I'm the guy who will never give his share of a taxi fare after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I referring to the white lines, if your too lazy to park properly between your own two white lines and encroach into the space I'm parked in, I'm going to be lazy with the care that I open my door with.

I didn't believe your opening post the first time, and I still don't, as I find it incredible to imagine anyone who would deliberately go out of their way to damage someone else's car like that.

Turns what I thought was supposed to be a light headed thread fairly sour tbh. Whatever about someone being so spiteful as to actually do such a thing, they'd never be stupid enough to admit to it if it were actually true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just print off a load of pages from a colouring book, put one page under the windscreen wiper with "here, so as you practice staying between the lines".

Job done. No smashing doors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Here's hoping the next person takes your insurance details :)

And the person after that, and after that until you learn a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

I avoid parking beside anyone who's badly parked.

If they're too incompetent to park then I don't trust them to not ding my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I didn't believe your opening post the first time, and I still don't, as I find it incredible to imagine anyone who would deliberately go out of their way to damage someone else's car like that.

Turns what I thought was supposed to be a light headed thread fairly sour tbh. Whatever about someone being so spiteful as to actually do such a thing, they'd never be stupid enough to admit to it if it were actually true.

I don't smash the door into their car, I open it up as far as it can go, I don't leave a gap between the car and the door nor do I use my hand as a buffer. Hell most cars have a plastic strip for that reason. If you can't be bother to park correctly fuck I can't be bother to take the extra effort to stop my door from touching your car.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Refusing to move out of the way on the path is another one. It's shocking the amount of people who will walk into you and be offended you didn't move.

This is my pet hate. I have no problem slamming into and clipping shoulders with any a$$hole who wont just reasonably give space on the path. Or just stop right in front of them and stand there until they go around me. Deliberately hitting their knees with shopping bags if I'm carrying something heavy, too. Then shouting "w@nker!" over my shoulder after we pass. I'm a total footpath a$$hole, yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

If somebody is walking along the path, but not looking ahead of them 'cos they're texting, I have no problem colliding with their shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

What do you do that others will call you an a$$hole for doing? I will open my car door with no regard for the car beside me if it is in my space.
    I don't smash the door into their car, I open it up as far as it can go, I don't leave a gap between the car and the door nor do I use my hand as a buffer. Hell most cars have a plastic strip for that reason. If you can't be bother to park correctly fuck I can't be bother to take the extra effort to stop my door from touching your car.

So you say you don't hit their door, then you say open the door as much as it can go and then you say you don't care if the door hit's their car?
    Not only do you damage someone else's car but also your own.
    If you parked badly and someone out of spite did that how would you react?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

Every Monday I take in a fresh litre of milk to work to last me for the week. By Tuesday smoothie boy in the office next door has left me with enough for one mug of tea after stealing it. So I spit in his smoothie in the fridge which he made with my milk. Yes that's right smoothie boy, you gulp down that organic phlegm.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

+1 for belligerently maintaining my course on the footpath if people aren't looking where they are going

Ha, just read this. A person after my heart.

Just print off a load of pages from a colouring book, put one page under the windscreen wiper with "here, so as you practice staying between the lines".

Job done. No smashing doors.

I have a load of photocopies in my glovebox and a Pritstick.
    Ready for when someone parks too close to my drivers door so I can't get out easily.
    It reads; next time you park that close leave me a fking tin opener so I can get out of my car.
    I find the Pritstick to secure the notice more effective than their windscreen wiper.

• Advertisement

Elemonator wrote: »
    One thing that really annoys me is when you are on a narrow busy footpath in Dublin city centre and people take the opportunity to walk 4 abreast talking. Like I'd probably berate you, but then I'm the ***hole :o

Agreed. This often happens to me when I am out running. Mammy pushing her pushchair with her mother and best mate. I running down the pavement the opposite direction. Would one of them move in to let me past? Not a chance. Then the dirty looks as I run past on the grass verge as if I have no right to share a public pavement with them.

Advertisement