Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you an

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Elemonator wrote:
    One thing that really annoys me is when you are on a narrow busy footpath in Dublin city centre and people take the opportunity to walk 4 abreast talking. Like I'd probably berate you, but then I'm the ***hole

I've started just shoulder barging through the middle and woe betide them if i'm towing one of my kids behind ( they wont walk beside me anyway) ,i'll just make room

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I didn't believe your opening post the first time, and I still don't, as I find it incredible to imagine anyone who would deliberately go out of their way to damage someone else's car like that.

Turns what I thought was supposed to be a light headed thread fairly sour tbh. Whatever about someone being so spiteful as to actually do such a thing, they'd never be stupid enough to admit to it if it were actually true.

I have done it, if I cant get my wife or kids into the car because YOU are a **** and blocked MY cars entrances, well **** you

(you not being one eyed jack)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

josip wrote: »
    When I'm on the bike I'll always make it difficult for anything with 4 wheels and an engine.
    When I'm in the car I try to clip handlebars with the wing mirror if someone is further out than they need to.

Really? And as someone who cycles too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I pretty much just hate everyone when it comes to parking. I recently parked at the end of a row in a car park. My passenger side was empty so I parked as close to the wall at the end as possible.

The picture will show what I came back to, my car is the black one. I am so fecking careful with my car and parking it and it pains me to get dings from inconsiderate fuckers. People like this are assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

This is my pet hate. I have no problem slamming into and clipping shoulders with any a$$hole who wont just reasonably give space on the path. Or just stop right in front of them and stand there until they go around me. Deliberately hitting their knees with shopping bags if I'm carrying something heavy, too. Then shouting "w@nker!" over my shoulder after we pass. I'm a total footpath a$$hole, yup.

em, doesnt it take two people refusing to move for a collission to occur?

• Advertisement

esforum wrote: »
    em, doesnt it take two people refusing to move for a collission to occur?

That's what makes me an a$$hole....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I pretty much just hate everyone when it comes to parking. I recently parked at the end of a row in a car park. My passenger side was empty so I parked as close to the wall at the end as possible.

The picture will show what I came back to, my car is the black one. I am so fecking careful with my car and parking it and it pains me to get dings from inconsiderate fuckers. People like this are assholes.

You have plenty of room there. And count yourself lucky, I came back to this one recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Well, I'm very judgemental.

We judge others on their actions but we judge ourselves on our intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

She didn't cause you to miss your bus, you decided to go into the shop and order coffee. You didn't have to go in, you could have left early when you saw it was taking longer than expected .

Take some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming other people.

Is bitching at strangers about **** that doesn't effect you yours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Jester252 wrote: »
    What do you do that others will call you an a$$hole for doing? I will open my car door with no regard for the car beside me if it is in my space.

You clearly drive a ****e car and that's your issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Over the last few years I've reported people who I knew were working for cash and were claiming dole .

One lady was running a creche while her feller also claimed dole was out doing building jobs . .... Soon put a stop to that one .. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Elemonator wrote: »
    One thing that really annoys me is when you are on a narrow busy footpath in Dublin city centre and people take the opportunity to walk 4 abreast talking. Like I'd probably berate you, but then I'm the ***hole :o

Or people who insist on walking slow on a busy Dublin street. Move it people!
    Some times I have to shove people out of the way and a few times had to prevent myself plowing down old people out of a donder on our busiest streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Or people who insist on walking slow on a busy Dublin street. Move it people!
    Some times I have to shove people out of the way and a few times had to prevent myself plowing down old people out of a donder on our busiest streets.

People who insist on not moving at all is even worse but this thread is supposed to be about sh1t we do that annoys other people, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

josip wrote: »
    When I'm on the bike I'll always make it difficult for anything with 4 wheels and an engine.
    When I'm in the car I try to clip handlebars with the wing mirror if someone is further out than they need to.

You're what is commonly referred to as a well rounded asshole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I get on the train in the morning, I take a good look around to see who's annoying me most taking up two seats. Generally it's the people with the bag on the inside seat, with their coffee cups and bottle of water and everything else taking up both sides of the table, pretending like they can't see you.
    Sometimes it's the person who'll take up two seats curled up asleep.

And that'll be where I decide to sit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I have a tendency to hit the close button on the elevator door rapidly. I give people filthy looks when they hop in, only to get off on the next floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I have a tendency to hit the close button on the elevator door rapidly. I give people filthy looks when they hop in, only to get off on the next floor.

I've worked in buildings in which there actually were elevators that stopped at every floor and elevators that didn't stop at every floor. Enjoying the looks of people who didn't understand that they needed "1-22" instead of "1, 22-44" was a daily schadenfreude bonbon. Not to say that I didn't explain the system to them when they got frustrated. I might be a you-know-what but I don't enjoy angry people in confined spaces. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I also enjoy farting in an elevator when it's empty, engulfing it with a plethora of aromas.

Modern day Russian roulette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I was a bit early for something the other day so was just listening to the radio in the car in the Stephen's Green car park. A woman in a 161 Mini Clubman pulled in directly across from me. She parked inside the lines, the car beside her was inside their lines. She still managed to get out slamming the door up against the other car. Then...opened the back door, also hitting it against the other car, to get her bag out. She did not seem one bit bothered about her brand new car or the other car (which was a 151 Golf).
    I was thinking - what an a$$hole. But by her expression, I don't think it she even realised she was doing wrong. I think she might have just been a bit thick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Similarly if I am going into a bank and see someone rushing to get in the outer door just as its closing I will help it closed, then pretend I was actually trying to open it.

However I love getting in the door just as it's closing and other people are in there.

Utah wrote: »
    I was a bit early for something the other day so was just listening to the radio in the car in the Stephen's Green car park. A woman in a 161 Mini Clubman pulled in directly across from me. She parked inside the lines, the car beside her was inside their lines. She still managed to get out slamming the door up against the other car. Then...opened the back door, also hitting it against the other car, to get her bag out. She did not seem one bit bothered about her brand new car or the other car (which was a 151 Golf).
    I was thinking - what an a$$hole. But by her expression, I don't think it she even realised she was doing wrong. I think she might have just been a bit thick!!

I don't think you get the point of the thread.

It's about stuff you do that makes you an a$$hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

benjamin d wrote: »
    Yes to both of these things. I will happily make myself late for appointments by very carefully parking millimetres from the driver's door of a car that's taking up two spaces. *rseholes of the highest order. And I have on several occasions allowed groups walking side by side on narrow paths to barge straight into me.

Or people walking with their necks bent at 90 degrees staring into their f*cking phones. I have on more than one occasion just stopped dead on the footpath and waited for them to walk right into me before scowling at them. I manage to hold my tongue though, which wants to shout "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE F*CKING GOING YOU SOCIALLY INEPT TROGLODYTE I HOPE YOU WALK IN FRONT OF A BUS AND DIE SCREAMING!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm an as$hole because I will sometimes put the carton of milk back in the fridge if there is only a dribble in it.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm an as$hole because I will sometimes put the carton of milk back in the fridge if there is only a dribble in it.

I've put empty biscuit / cereal / poptart boxes back in the cupboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'm an a$$hole because sometimes instead of using up the last dribble of milk in the old carton I'll open a new one to have the nice fresh milk.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

poa wrote: »
    Every Monday I take in a fresh litre of milk to work to last me for the week. By Tuesday smoothie boy in the office next door has left me with enough for one mug of tea after stealing it. So I spit in his smoothie in the fridge which he made with my milk. Yes that's right smoothie boy, you gulp down that organic phlegm.

I would leave my milk in a different office refrigerator, prominently marked "NOT FOR OFFICE", but not before I left a heavily salted litre in the regular fridge on Monday for the twit to make a smoothie out of.

Edit: My husband informs me that salt won't work, and recommends the contents of a fish oil capsule or two instead. :D Not more, or the oil will float.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

When I see mummies parked up on pavements and I have to squeeze past I make sure my handbag with its lovely big buckle is on the shoulder that is nearest the car.

It doesn't damage the paintwork but makes a nice loud satisfying clunk that gives them a jolt. Illegal parking is my pet hate.

I also like to occasionally put the checkout divider thingy lengthways on the checkout belt. Winds people up no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Sapphire wrote: »
    I also like to occasionally put the checkout divider thingy lengthways on the checkout belt. Winds people up no end.

WHAT SAVAGERY IS THIS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

WHAT SAVAGERY IS THIS

Told ya I was an asshole :p

Advertisement