Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arkham Asylum & City Remaster (PS4 & XONE)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Since I only cleared Asylum and Arkham Knight are we at much of a loss not having Arkham Origins in this bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think so. For me it's the best of the bunch. Pity about the bugs that plagued it (I was fortunate enough to miss them) as I think it'd be held a lot higher if it wasn't for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I played it months after it came out so missed all the bugs as well and I enjoyed it. I'd say it's the weakest of the series but definitely still a very good game. It should have been included in this remastered edition no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I played it months after it came out so missed all the bugs as well and I enjoyed it. I'd say it's the weakest of the series but definitely still a very good game. It should have been included in this remastered edition no doubt about it.

They never patched out most of the bugs which made a remaster probably trickier and more wanted.
    It was better than Arkham Knight and the Deathstroke boss fight is arguably the best in the series(maybe only Freeze from City was better).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

ERG89 wrote: »
    They never patched out most of the bugs which made a remaster probably trickier and more wanted.
    It was better than Arkham Knight and the Deathstroke boss fight is arguably the best in the series(maybe only Freeze from City was better).

Ah yeah probably better than Knight alright. Far too many tanks and repetitive sections in Knight.

Never knew they hadn't fixed the bugs, I heard about them but I can't remember having any major problems so presumed they fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah yeah probably better than Knight alright. Far too many tanks and repetitive sections in Knight.

Never knew they hadn't fixed the bugs, I heard about them but I can't remember having any major problems so presumed they fixed it.

I had several freezes (unfortunately not of the Mr. variety) when playing Origins. Some just gliding around the city, some after entering rooms within buildings. Think there were a few graphical bugs too if I remember right. Loading times were ridiculously long too. I think by the time they'd fixed any bugs I'd already finished and traded in the game. Only Arkham game I didn't complete all the side missions, riddler trophies etc.

It was still enjoyable, but just felt lacking in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I finally bought Origins in the Summer. I'm going to give it a go this weekend.

I also got the Arkham Knight DLC recently so I've loaded that up a few times. There are too many tank bits, no doubt, but overall I think the game gets a bit too much stick.

I wish all three of the main Arkham games had scaled back on the Riddler challenges. 30 or so well-constructed riddles scattered throughout the game would surely have been a better idea than hundreds of them everywhere.

I also got the Arkham Knight DLC recently so I've loaded that up a few times. There are too many tank bits, no doubt, but overall I think the game gets a bit too much stick.

I wish all three of the main Arkham games had scaled back on the Riddler challenges. 30 or so well-constructed riddles scattered throughout the game would surely have been a better idea than hundreds of them everywhere.

Beefy78 wrote: »

Yeah, the riddler trophies where you have to work out a puzzle to open the trophy were always fun and fairly enjoyable. The amount of loose ones around the city just always dampened your enthusiasm for them though. Same with the actual riddles which popped up in a new location. Many of them were great, but then there were some where you know the answer, but can't find exactly where it is or can't get a proper shot at it ("Subject Obscured" "Subject too far away" etc)

I agree Arkham Knight gets a bit too much flak, as it is primarily because of the overuse of the Batmobile. Outside of that it's still a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

***SPOILERS***
    How do you avoid the plants when taking on Ivy. They are killing my health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    ***SPOILERS***
    How do you avoid the plants when taking on Ivy. They are killing my health.

In the words of Fred Durst "Keep rolling rolling riolling". Hold run button and keep running left to right and rolling away from the plant spikes. They only attack in sections left, middle and right and there is always one section where they won't hit so try keep in the middle if you can ready to go left or right. Keep tapping R2 (or is it L2?) for quick batarang which will automatically lock onto her in the hopes it hits her while she is open.

Got past it and completed the storyline. Why does it only say 64% completed though? Does it factor in missed riddles etc?

Got past it and completed the storyline. Why does it only say 64% completed though? Does it factor in missed riddles etc?

Yup. The 100% includes all collectibles and riddles

How do u get past Joker/things/hammer guy/titan in Arkham city in the steel mill. I'm able to take out the guy with the hammer but end up taking some damage, there's just too many thugs.

I don't think there's any great trick to it. Leave the hammer guy to last and keep an eye on him - he can take out a chunk of the crowd for you with his attacks. The titan is a good way to get your combo meter up which helps taking down the foot soldiers. Don't pay any special attention to the Joker.

It's a great fight that one. Usually takes me a few attempts to clear it.

How do u get past Joker/things/hammer guy/titan in Arkham city in the steel mill. I'm able to take out the guy with the hammer but end up taking some damage, there's just too many thugs.

Can't remember if you have the electric weapon by then, but if you do, hit the hammer guy with it and he'll swing his hammer round and hit any thug nearby. Keep doing that to take out most of the thugs, then you can take out the hammer guy.

Explosives also work well. During combat you can quick place some explosive gel on the floor, up to three of them. Then blow them when there's a good few thugs over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the Cape Stun works well as well. Hit circle (cape stun) 3 times in a row and it dazes them leaving you to start a mega combo (remember to hit counter if a thug tries to hit you from behind) or just deal with the crowd while he is dazed.

Penn wrote: »
    Can't remember if you have the electric weapon by then, but if you do, hit the hammer guy with it and he'll swing his hammer round and hit any thug nearby.

That's it I was mixing him up with one of the monsters using a rushing attack but thinking about it I think that was Asylum.

Completed the main storyline on Arkham City and a few side missions (Help Bane destroy titan, find Nora Freeze, catch Zsasz etc) still only on 50% completed. Too early to go onto Arkham knight?

I'd say move on unless you're desperate to get 200 Riddler Trophies and conquer a dozen Predator maps.

When you start Arkham Knight make sure you change from the default Batmobile controls.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote:
    When you start Arkham Knight make sure you change from the default Batmobile controls.

Why?

Because the default control option isn't very good.

Beefy78 wrote:
    Because the default control option isn't very good.

Tbh I started it yday with the default controls and all seems fine, what is made easier by changing controls?

Tbh I started it yday with the default controls and all seems fine, what is made easier by changing controls?

Couldn't remember why (too long since I played it) but I found it much easier changing the controls too. Found this which I think explains it:

Batman: Arkham Knight is a great game — as detailed in our 10/10 review — but it's got one really puzzling design decision: Rather than using the left trigger to cause the Batmobile to brake, it's monopolized by the car's tank form. And we do mean monopolized: You have to hold it down the entire time you're in Battle Mode, which is cramp-inducing and just plain weird.

That is, unless you hop into the game's settings menu and opt in to the Battle Mode Toggle. This one change moves braking to the left trigger (as God intended) and makes Battle Mode something you activate with R1/RB. One weird thing: You can't activate the toggle until after your first visit to GCPD, but you should switch it instantly after.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/8840555/batmobile-battle-mode-toggle

Apologies that its not the official thread but am stuck on Arkham Knight. How do u get by the AK's drone helicopter as well as the small tanks early on. Keep getting blown up in by the missiles.

Advertisement