Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arkham Asylum & City Remaster (PS4 & XONE)

Options

Comments

I'd play Asylum again but not City.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As much as I loved both games, platinumed them both. I'd have no real urge to play through both/either of them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same as Penn, played both inside out multiple times. Not sure I want to pay 50 quid to do it again. The majority of the Arkham series DLC is shyte so that isn't appealing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lurved Asylum but the rest of them were all samey and boring.

I don't really see the point of 'remastered' games that were only released a relatively short while ago. Just strikes me as money grabbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't have any of the Arkham games, except Knight...so will be glad to pick this up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Myrddin wrote: »
    I don't have any of the Arkham games, except Knight...so will be glad to pick this up :)

Ah well then you're in for a treat, The best 2 of the series and both very different games. I'd love to play Asylum again from scratch with no memory of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Another leak for a Batman Arkham game. Hmmmmm...

"Batman: Arkham Knight Won't Be Fixed On PC Until Spring, Claims Leaked Email" (July 2015)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved Asylum, happy to play that through again, City I didn't get into but is play through it just to fill in the stuff I'm missing from the plot of the fantastic Knight.

Might be worth looking at Rocksteady's previous game Urban Chaos on the PS2 and Xbox, it's brilliant.

Myrddin wrote: »

Asylum is arguably the best, but I loved City too. Yes, they went a bit overboard with the amount of Riddler trophies etc and constantly having to traverse the same areas to get to other areas, but the story, gameplay, combat and characters were all fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've played all the Arkham games apart from Arkham Asylum (including Origins), but had never got around to getting it in spite of wanting to and also hearing everyone raving about it. I'd gladly sink my teeth into a remaster of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Like Origin, troy baker was a great joker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mark Hamill is best Joker - FACT! And I'll fight ya for it! :P

Troy Baker is really good too though to be fair :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    Mark Hamill is best Joker - FACT! And I'll fight ya for it! :P

Troy Baker is really good too though to be fair :)

Origins showed the Joker becoming obsessed with Batman, it was great.

Gone back a few times as I was trying to complete the "I am the night mode".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If it had Origins I'd be a lot more interested.

I'll wait until it drops in price.

If it had Origins I'd be a lot more interested.

I'll wait until it drops in price.

MP was a broken pile of crap but the half dozen games I did get that went well were great; like splinter cell mercs vs spies but 2 Heroes vs 3 thugs vs 3 thugs

Origins was a buggy mess where the combat wasn't as enjoyable (a few overpowered gadgets), the story was less interesting than City, and they scraped the bottom of the barrel for some of the baddies.

Although Arkham Knight was flawed, Origins is still bottom of the list for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Origin's Multiplayer was fupping amazing if anyone actually played it. It's asynchronous multiplayer action done so well. I'd love to see more of it, but no one bought any of those Arkham series of games for Multiplayer and no one gave this a chance cause they probably thought it was some sort of lame tacked on multiplayer thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I actually just played Asylum for the first time a few weeks ago and I'm now on City, the games still look fine, absolutely no need for a remastering already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I actually just played Asylum for the first time a few weeks ago and I'm now on City, the games still look fine, absolutely no need for a remastering already.

You could say that for 90% of the games that are remastered these days. They're just to take advantage of console players who re-buy to continue playing on one system or to enjoy better graphics/performance. The PC versions of Arkham games always had the best graphics/fps by miles - there'll not be any need to buy a remastered version of em'. I'm honestly be anticipating that newer versions wouldn't even perform as good as the original like some 'remasters' I've witnessed.

I'd reckon the price of rebuying all these remastered versions of games these days would add up to something you could get capable gaming PC with to enjoy them all them without the need of upgrading.

I'm also going to hazard a guess that the remastes are not going to be discounted for owners of the original game nor are they going to be version selection updates to the original games like they ought to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I will definitely pick this up in a sale. I had a great time with them on the PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Origins was actually my favourite of the series. Had the most interesting story I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »
    Origins was actually my favourite of the series. Had the most interesting story I thought.

I enjoyed it too. Asylum probably pips it slightly for me but I enjoyed it more than City. I bought it probably a year after it came out so by then it had been patched several times and wasn't the broken mess people had been complaining it was at the start. Tbh, I'd be more inclined to give Origins another spin than the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Great........HD riddler trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

No need for a remaster maybe but it's an excuse for a release on this generation of consoles.

Asylum is the only Arkham I've not played so will probably pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

What are the chances you'd be able to buy one of the games separately? I imagine you should as they's how most of these HD Remaster packages end up on the online stores anyway; on PS Store at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Asylum was alright, I preferred City myself but played it to death.
    I'll be skipping it but anyone that never got around to them are in for a treat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Loved Asylum, happy to play that through again, City I didn't get into but is play through it just to fill in the stuff I'm missing from the plot of the fantastic Knight.

Might be worth looking at Rocksteady's previous game Urban Chaos on the PS2 and Xbox, it's brilliant.

Sorry, just to say there's a cheap copy of this going on Adverts, if you love the Arkham games I'd give it a lash

http://www.adverts.ie/2878115

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

All these 'HD' versions of fairly recent games just look exactly the same to me.
    I've Batman Arkham Asylum and City on PS3, Xbox360 and PC .(The PC at higher gfx settings obviously looks a bit better)

But none of them make the game any better or worse because of their graphics, and the little HD improvements are a waste in my opinion...and just for people who never owned the original.

I don't understand anyone who buys a game they already own because it has HD tacked onto the end...like I said above..especially with recent games. (Especially if it's on the same console...I can understand if the original was never on PS4 or One...but in that case...do they need to call them HD remasters)
    The only games I seen done that would warrant a purchase are the likes of Monkey Island, where they completely revamped the games look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All these 'HD' versions of fairly recent games just look exactly the same to me.
    I've Batman Arkham Asylum and City on PS3, Xbox360 and PC .(The PC at higher gfx settings obviously looks a bit better)

But none of them make the game any better or worse because of their graphics, and the little HD improvements are a waste in my opinion...and just for people who never owned the original.

I don't understand anyone who buys a game they already own because it has HD tacked onto the end...like I said above..especially with recent games. (Especially if it's on the same console...I can understand if the original was never on PS4 or One...but in that case...do they need to call them HD remasters)
    The only games I seen done that would warrant a purchase are the likes of Monkey Island, where they completely revamped the games look.

Agreed. It's utterly bizarre branding it as HD when the original games were PS3/360 releases.

I think The Last of Us really benefitted from the beefed up frame rate when it appeared on PS4, plus the Left Behind DLC and the Grounded difficulty setting added so much to the game. So I feel like that was a good example of a welcome 'remaster' but so many of them are just cash-ins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Threads merged

Advertisement