Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arkham Asylum & City Remaster (PS4 & XONE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Never got around to playing these on the 360 but loved Knight, so I'll be giving these a go at some stage.

I've no problem with games being 'remastered' on newer consoles wheter it adds more or doesn't. It gives people who've never played them before a chance too and also die hard fans another chance to play them again (if they want too.) if you don't like remasters, simple don't buy/play them, nothing wrong with have them there.

Now, All I need is a Mass Effect collection on PS4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Never got around to playing these on the 360 but loved Knight, so I'll be giving these a go at some stage.

I've no problem with games being 'remastered' on newer consoles wheter it adds more or doesn't. It gives people who've never played them before a chance too and also die hard fans another chance to play them again (if they want too.) if you don't like remasters, simple don't buy/play them, nothing wrong with have them there.

Now, All I need is a Mass Effect collection on PS4 :D

That's fair enough. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

They don't bother me now but for a while it was irritating to see that a lot of the best games for the 'next gen' were all spit-shines from the PS3/360.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Asylum was the first game I bought with my 360. Absolutely stunning game and easily one of my favourite gaming experiences outside of Uncharted.

I played both games twice each on 360 and PS3. I wouldn't have any interest in picking it up but for anybody who's late to the party, these are must have in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I love Arkham Asylum. The voice acting half makes the game for me, it's brilliant. Stealth is fun in it too and the combat, although easy enough is fun.

I remember buying City too on the PS3 but burned out of it quickly because I got it just after playing Asylum.

Probably will get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like this will have a 10th June release date. The cover art is cool and I am tempted to get it as not many games out over the summer that interest me and I'm looking for a superhero game fix.

I swear though, there would want to be just 1 edition including all DLC for both games.

waVf8Cs.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I assume everyone watched the Animated film that's set in the Arkham universe.
    Came out just before Origins (Set after Origins, but 2 years before Asylum)

It might also give you some info on the Suicide Squad, seeing as how the film is coming out soon.

Release day July 26th

Edit: The Game Collection said it has £40 RRP (52 euro) and they hope to sell at £30 (39 euro)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

http://gearnuke.com/batman-return-arkham-screenshot-comparison-reveals-unreal-engine-4-improvements/

Looking at these screenshots I'm slightly underwhelmed at this port.

batman-arkham-remastered-comp5-2.jpg?resize=346%2C195batman-arkham-remastered-comp5-1.jpg?resize=346%2C195

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ERG89 wrote: »
    http://gearnuke.com/batman-return-arkham-screenshot-comparison-reveals-unreal-engine-4-improvements/

Looking at these screenshots I'm slightly underwhelmed at this port.

batman-arkham-remastered-comp5-2.jpg?resize=346%2C195batman-arkham-remastered-comp5-1.jpg?resize=346%2C195

They have to be labelled wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Probably worth buying if you don't already own them and haven't played them

Not worth buying at all if you have them on last gen and beat them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is it definitely only Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in the pack, yes?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is it definitely only Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in the pack, yes?

Yupp definitely, just the 2 with all DLC from both but the first didn't really have dlc.

Those pics above have to be mislabelled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I actually use "Harleys Revenge" from City as an example of "Bad DLC" any times the subject comes up.

At launch it was like €14.99 and lasted about 70 minutes at a push

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Delayed indefinitely
    After reviewing the progress of the project, the team at WB Games has decided to delay the release of Batman: Return to Arkham to give the team at Virtuous Games additional time to deliver a polished Batman Arkham game experience. We do not have a release date yet and will be sure to communicate that once we are sure the game will be ready. We know this is disappointing news, but we feel the extra time will allow the team to create the best gaming experience for our fans.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/28/batman-return-to-arkham-delayed-release-date/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Imagine how bad of a state it was in for a delay. This from a company who never patched game breaking bugs in Origins & released that Arkham Knight port. Hopefully they make it actually look better than last gen. It's reveal video has got less than a quarter of the views the comparison one has on the Arkham videos channel for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-11-batman-return-to-arkham-now-due-november

November is now being targeted, but even this release window may fall through - in which case the collection will arrive early next year.

Whether November or later, it is a huge hold-up for a release which was just weeks away from being on shop shelves. So, why the delay?

Eurogamer has been told the reason for Return to Arkham's postponement centres around the quality of the port from Chinese developer Virtuous Games, with frame-rate mentioned as a major issue.

Concerns regarding the port's quality will no doubt be of a particular concern to Rocksteady after the disastrous launch state of the outsourced PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight.

We checked in with Warner Bros. for this story and the publisher's statement remained the same as it did when the delay was announced:

"After reviewing the progress of the project, the team at WB Games has decided to delay the release of Batman: Return to Arkham to give the team at Virtuous Games additional time to deliver a polished Batman Arkham game experience," a Warner Bros. spokesperson reiterated to us.

"We do not have a release date yet and will be sure to communicate that once we are sure the game will be ready. We know this is disappointing news, but we feel the extra time will allow the team to create the best gaming experience for our fans."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sounds like this will be a total clusterfk and best avoided. If there's already talk of a 6 month+ delay on games that are only 7 years old (and therefore written with pretty modern software methods) then I can only imagine how dog-rough their code and/or developers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

Remastered city would be good, once its not back to full price which it probably will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Even if it is full priced, most remastered games go down a good bit in about a month or two. However deadpool is still chilling at full price so you can't always know

• Advertisement

Any news on this? Itching to play an Arkham game after Suicide Squad (ideally Origins, not Knight). Weird how this came so close to being released to nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,243 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any news on this? Itching to play an Arkham game after Suicide Squad (ideally Origins, not Knight). Weird how this came so close to being released to nothing at all.

Origins isn't in the remaster bundle. Just Asylum and City.

Penn wrote: »
    Origins isn't in the remaster bundle. Just Asylum and City.

Yeah I know, just meant that i want to play Origins the most but can't because ps3less and too soon to play Knight so all i can do is wait for Arkham remaster news which is a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

And my laptop would grow legs and walk out the door if I even tried to download those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Out next week, anyone gonna get it? Just saw the trophies list out and unsurprisingly is the exact same as originals. Tempted to pick it up and go for the platinums again as they are both brilliant games, will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Will the games be sold separately does anybody know? (Digitally anyway). Loved Arkham Knight so will want to give these a go but would prefer to buy one game at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got both on PS3 and it isn't like that console is packed away but I'm still tempted to pick this up close to launch. I'm all for a well-done remaster, I just need to see reviews first to see if this is a remaster of the standard of GTAV or The Last of Us. I'm not sure if the four month delay is a good sign or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Out next week, anyone gonna get it? Just saw the trophies list out and unsurprisingly is the exact same as originals. Tempted to pick it up and go for the platinums again as they are both brilliant games, will see.

Since I played it on PS3 and then PC, there's no reason for me to get it. Although I can see why they keep releasing these remasters if people are willing to pay full price just to get achievements again :eek:

Advertisement