Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Focaccia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Now that looks like proper focaccia. Recipe to hand?

Surprisingly easy to make, especially if you have a sourdough starter on the go. You could of course replace the levian with instant or fresh yeast.

• 100g levian + 400g bread flour + 300g water + 15g olive oil + 7g salt
    • mix in bowl, I just use a spatula until its all well combined.
    • cover & rest in oiled bowl for 30 mins - stretch/fold - rest 30 mins - double fold - rest 30 mins - double fold - rest 30 mins
    • fridge for 48 hrs - bring to room temp - lots of olive oil in baking tin - dimple - proof until doubled in size - another glug of olive oil and a final dimple whilst adding toppings
    • bake at 220 for 25 mins

Toppings included a red pepper pesto which I added before final dimple. Pre roasted garlic cloves, fresh cherry tomatoes, some rosemary from the garden and a sprinkle of sea salt.

• just to add its quite a sticky dough at the beginning so I tend to rub a bit of olive oil into the hands before each of the folds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Having tried and not been happy with a few no knead breads I changed it up!

Followed the below receipe! Very happy with the first try! Way better than expected! Next time I will have the pesto and sundried tomatoes in stock.

https://youtu.be/j9dJEqN017U?si=diPEpw8jqE9HukXD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Best no knead loaf yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can imagine the sound of the knife cutting through that crust, it looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Made khachapuri last night, which is Georgian cheese and eggy bread. It was fab, although I overcooked the egg and it scrambled a bit. Have enough dough to make another one this evening and will hopefully correct that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Gluten free Lemon drizzle tray bake. I ate far too much of it. Delicious. No icing just soaked it when warm in lemon juice & sugar.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

About 20% Wholemeal, splash of Flavahans 😀. Lightly seeded 😀. Did a couple last week, 50/50 Wholemeal, doesn’t rise as much and too crumbly……better off making 50/50 soda bread, which I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

Does pizza count as baking? It's bread and cooked in an oven?

Homemade sauce and dough. Gubbeen chorizo and pepperoni and a splash of homemade hot honey. Very tasty.

Mary Berry, all in one apple cake…..brillo. Not sweet, nice crunchy edge/crust.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

My first loaf

First time to try “Frosting”…….worked out fine, set pretty hard’ish. Touch of food colouring.

Lemon Drizzle…..again 😀,

P. Hollywood scones, first time…..mehhhh……could’ve risen more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

Did you cut them high enough to start with? I think that is the biggest issue with scones not rising enough, they actually don't rise as much as expected, you must start high. I worked in catering for years back when it was student type job and teaching people to make scones the biggest issue was they rolled them out too much, put basically thick biscuits into the oven and expected miraculous uplift. I prefer to not even use a rolling pin as it's too easy go too thin, just pat and I cut an inch at least and sometimes higher, the most they will rise is half again.

They look like good scones although I'm not entirely convinced about using bread flour for scones as PH does in some recipes anyway.

Probably not…..he recommends 3cm. 11 scones. I had too much scraps left over so probably should’ve rolled higher all right.

Next time…..

Appreciate the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Chocolate muffins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

gee not had a choc muffin years - love a white muffin with choc chips - a good one - from a bakery.. not pre packed

I tried the Gordon Ramsay lemon curd pizza at the weekend, I used whipped cream instead of creme freche and it was fairly tasty.

I also did one with biscoff spread and marshmallow for the kids, the spread burnt to a crisp first time out so couldn't let the dough get a good char when I did another, this one was delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Was awake early so knocked up some pancakes and a fruit soda bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

the fruit soda looks fab - my Dad use to ADORE that

A white sourdough with some poppy seeds in the crust.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Look at the rise on that! Well done. 😋

Strawberry cheesebaked!

I mean, strawberry cheesecake (baked!). Never made baked cheesecake before so this was definitely an experimental job that I think has worked out okay!!

Will post some plating snaps tomorrow once it’s chilled down and settled. 😎

Had a sneaky taste from the corner after it had cooled to room temp before transferring.. oh my 😭

Roasted strawberry cheesecake, white chocolate & chocolate Tuile

Guinness foam, mint choc brownie. ☘️ 🇮🇪

Chocolate & Espresso Sourdough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Few Jambons

• Advertisement

Advertisement