Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Seems like the Dubs, like our own Dubs, have the extra gears no matter what. Much better this quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

They just blew by the third.. although I do hope steph gets better the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

great start from the celtics if jay gets his shot going that could be huge for this series

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mjavi wrote: »
    They just blew by the third.. although I do hope steph gets better the next round.

He better. They won't be beating the clippers by 30 without Steph.

They still beat them! Might not beat Le Bron or Spurs without him though.

• Advertisement

best game of the playoffs so far in boston

really really entertaining game millsap was outstanding but marcus smart won the game in the 4th and overtime

Curry going for an MRI today.....suspected sprained MCL (knee) ligament. If it is, you're looking at rest time, depending on the category of sprain.

Days until second round begins: 6–8 days
    Days until conference finals begins: 21–23 days
    Days until Finals begins: 38 days

Note: if any of those series ends earlier than planned the dates can move forward.

Things just got very interesting for the chasing pack. And you know the Clippers in particular are going to bully him physically.

Bookies have pushed Warriors out to 11/10 from 4/6.

Shows you how valuable Curry is considered to be to the Dubs. Having said that they were awesome in the 3rd quarter last night, which would suggest that the players lower down the rotation are going to seize any opportunity to impress. As we saw last year when the Cavs just don't have that depth, so a Curryless Warriors will still be the team to beat.

I hope he comes back fit as the whole thing would be like Hamlet without the Prince without him.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Bookies have pushed Warriors out to 11/10 from 4/6.

Shows you how valuable Curry is considered to be to the Dubs. Having said that they were awesome in the 3rd quarter last night, which would suggest that the players lower down the rotation are going to seize any opportunity to impress. As we saw last year when the Cavs just don't have that depth, so a Curryless Warriors will still be the team to beat.

I hope he comes back fit as the whole thing would be like Hamlet without the Prince without him.

If the Warriors are without Curry, it's all over.

San Antonio would beat GS in 6 (max) if GS are without Curry. Cleveland aren't the biggest threat, San An are.

Hell I'd even fancy the Clippers to take GS if Curry is out.

Forget about last night, that was Houston (an absolute joke of a team).

• Advertisement

Whatever about San Antoine, I would have no hesitancy backing a Curryless Warriors against the Clippers.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Whatever about San Antoine, I would have no hesitancy backing a Curryless Warriors against the Clippers.

You take Curry out of that team - out of any team - and you're down 30points to start with, not to mention the emotional hit the team takes when losing their leader.

They Clippers front line are huge, and Paul is playing phenomenally well for the last 6 months.

SMH if you think that GS beats them easily (as your "no hesitancy" comment implies) without Curry.

For the last 2 seasons I've said the only thing that can beat this team (GSW) in a series is an injury to a key player. Curry is THE key player.

Bulls - Jordan = 0 championships. And I'd argue Curry is more important to this team than Jordan was to that Bulls team.
    Note: Not saying Curry is better than Jordan there before someone jumps on it. I'm saying you could argue Curry is more important to GSW right now than Jordan was to the Bulls at the time of them winning their first 3 peat. In Year 2 of the Bulls 1st 3 peat, Pippen was incredible - he could have legitimately been MVP during those playoffs.

I didn't say they would beat them "easily". I said that I would have no hesitancy in backing Warriors against Clipper without Curry as they would be good value if odds against which they most likely would be. And will do if that is what happens.

I would not bet on them beating Spurs without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That and the Clippers will choke it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron is going to win another ring this year I think.

Paully D wrote: »

4fd0105f18613345db011703.jpg?w=350]

Paully D wrote: »

I think I will be sick if that happens. I don't see them (the Cavs) beating San An if Curry is out though.

It would be a real shame if Curry is out, or f he's so impaired it impacts on them to the point of them losing a series. A shame for Curry, a shame for the team and a shame for the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I think I will be sick if that happens. I don't see them (the Cavs) beating San An if Curry is out though.

It would be a real shame if Curry is out, or f he's so impaired it impacts on them to the point of them losing a series. A shame for Curry, a shame for the team and a shame for the league.

Im not a fan of his, but I wouldnt begrudge Cleveland a title in any sport tbh

Curry out 2 weeks - minimum - being reported now. And to be re-evaluated in 2 week, so it could be longer. :(

Sh*t just got real.

Will post a longer post tomorrow about why this is bad, bad, bad news for GSW.

nerd69 wrote: »
    4fd0105f18613345db011703.jpg?w=350]

53a4a0d42ece8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

I guess we will never find out since the Clippers lost CP3 with a broken right hand.

UPDATE: Aaannnnd BG32 suffered an injury as well. the Clippers might not even advance at all..

Injuries. Injuries. Injuries.

Sigh.

Such a shame.

Lejon and co. will get to the finals fresh as daisies the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Its a shame that injuries are happening to such important players right now but we cant forget that the cavs last year went through the playoffs without Irving or Love.

And when you look at how the two of them performed against Detroit then it shows how important and good their rotational players were last year to come in and step up

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Its a shame that injuries are happening to such important players right now but we cant forget that the cavs last year went through the playoffs without Irving or Love.

And when you look at how the two of them performed against Detroit then it shows how important and good their rotational players were last year to come in and step up
    The East was pretty poor last year though in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

nerd69 wrote: »
    The East was pretty poor last year though in fairness

True but the first round in the west this year has been woeful as well barring portland LA

But take 2 of the big 3 of any team out and its still an acheivement to win 3 series. I cant stand LeBron but in the playoffs last year he was insane. If curry and CP3 are out then its up to the other players to step up like he did last year

Injuries. Injuries. Injuries.

Sigh.

Such a shame.

Lejon and co. will get to the finals fresh as daisies the way things are going.

That was the point of the SI piece I mentioned above. Cavs are in great position to reach the finals, and look like avoiding the horror show of injuries last season. It will be dog eat dog - well Dub eat Spur! - in the West. I still think Warriors can beat anyone other than Spurs and Cavs, and maybe they might beat Cavs, without Steph.

The argument about the winners with easier path to the final having an advantage is not necesscarily true either come to think of it. In 2000, the Lakers had three tough series to win the West and then easily beat Indiana who had had relatively smooth passage.

Speaking of the Pacers, I reckon they could take Toronto tonight.

Meant to post this earlier. Anyone see the game shots from OKC v Dallas? OKC crowd in all blue (Dallas colours) when the team were playing in white. Looked very strange to see the blue crowd cheering when white scored.

The national media seems to really be trying to hype the Curry injury as a potential end to the Warriors and their title hopes. Not only is it possible (nearly likely) that he will be back during the second round, but I honestly think they could win the championship without Curry.

But of course, they're going to hype the injury so that when Curry makes his comeback - everyone can be in awe of his greatness

Gotta love NBA coverage. They are the KINGS of marketing. Always keeping things interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The national media seems to really be trying to hype the Curry injury as a potential end to the Warriors and their title hopes. Not only is it possible (nearly likely) that he will be back during the second round, but I honestly think they could win the championship without Curry.

But of course, they're going to hype the injury so that when Curry makes his comeback - everyone can be in awe of his greatness

Gotta love NBA coverage. They are the KINGS of marketing. Always keeping things interesting.

The Sacremento Kings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Steve Kerr has won coach of the year - one of the most ridiculous decisions in a long time.

Advertisement