Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jamal Crawford gets the 6th Man Award. Pretty meaningless giving it to him all the time IMO. I thought it should have gone to Iggy myself.

Clippers seem to have Portland's number. I thought this would be a lot closer than it is. At the rate it's going to could be a 4-1 or a sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Jamal Crawford gets the 6th Man Award. Pretty meaningless giving it to him all the time IMO. I thought it should have gone to Iggy myself.

Clippers seem to have Portland's number. I thought this would be a lot closer than it is. At the rate it's going to could be a 4-1 or a sweep.

Hoping the Mavs steal another game tonight. Otherwise the first round of games in the West have been very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Would love to see the Mavs take another game, would make it interesting.
    Have been disappointed by the Celtics, I thought they would of done better but its a difficult match up for them.
    Detroit look like they have a bright future but Cavs are looking good in the playoffs, they should win the East without too much hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Would love to see the Mavs take another game, would make it interesting.
    Have been disappointed by the Celtics, I thought they would of done better but its a difficult match up for them.
    Detroit look like they have a bright future but Cavs are looking good in the playoffs, they should win the East without too much hassle

Wait till they go to the 6, J.V will dominate them :cool:

Great hire by the TWolves. Those kids better get in shape! :)

Wizards hiring Brooks apparently.....will send all the KD to the Wiz talk into overdrive but that ain't happening anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was in bed early last night, but woke to see that the rockets beat a Curry less warriors. Not a huge shock, could always see them maybe lose one game in the series.

Was not surprised to see the Thunder win in Dallas, not after the shooting display of the last match, unlikely they would be that bad again. More of a surprise was the Raptors winning like that @ the Pacers. When lowry and DeRozan both have good games , they are fairly good. Can they keep repeating this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Draymond Green already thought about his next move before actually securing the ball in the inbound, huge mistake. Bright spots for Speights & Clark on offense.

2smiggy wrote: »
    was in bed early last night, but woke to see that the rockets beat a Curry less warriors. Not a huge shock, could always see them maybe lose one game in the series.

Was not surprised to see the Thunder win in Dallas, not after the shooting display of the last match, unlikely they would be that bad again. More of a surprise was the Raptors winning like that @ the Pacers. When lowry and DeRozan both have good games , they are fairly good. Can they keep repeating this though.

Lowry and Derozan didn't even play particularly well.

It was a combination of Vogel's terrible rotations and Bird putting together a poor roster that can't rebound that outdid the Pacers.

I never want to see Monta Ellis in a Pacer uniform again, but unfortunately he's here for another three years..

Anyone else slightly worried with the mixed messaging about Curry?

Something's up there I think. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Anyone else slightly worried with the mixed messaging about Curry?

Something's up there I think. :(

He surely can't be human if the coverage he is getting does not impinge on him. Warriors - and Steph mostly although interestingly less so than last time - are once again cover story in Sports Illustrated.

There is no suggestion that anything is amiss and they took a calculated gamble to rest him against Houston last night. Almost came off.

SI makes a good case for the opposition being tougher this year. They envisage a fired up Cleveland getting to the final on a comfortable run. There is little to suggest that won't happen.

They also note that Spurs have had almost as good a season as Dubs and with a better defensive record. Absurdly for a team with only one home loss, they are coming in under the radar.

Most interesting of all they seem to suggest that the Clippers with Griffin back will turn any series with the Warriors into a dog fight with the suggestion that both Curry and Green could be riled up!

Not over yet by a long shot - a 60 foot one maybe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I am heading out to San Francisco on a J1 for the Summer on the 20th of May. Looking forward to being in the city(well near the city, I know the Dubs stadium is in Oakland,) during the teams quest to repeat. Being able to catch games at a normal hour on TV will be great, and I am going to try everything I can to get to a Western Conference finals game. The chance to see this team might never come around again for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Celtics Starting lineup: Thomas, Turner, Crowder, Jerebko, Johnson.

Apparently jared sullinger has been left out for a reason I don't understand.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Celtics Starting lineup: Thomas, Turner, Crowder, Jerebko, Johnson.

Apparently jared sullinger has been left out for a reason I don't understand.

I'd imagine he doesn't fit in well against the Hawks line up.

Small ball is working for the Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Wow 42 from Isaiah can't wait to watch that game

The Raptors really are the worst kinda playoff team

NBA say Harden's shot shouldn't have counted due to push off. :rolleyes:

Ah here........

astonaidan wrote: »
    The Raptors really are the worst kinda playoff team

Same last year. Great team to back against. Not unlike the other Toronto teams when the chips are down :)

Pacers fairly handed it to the Raps last night. The tightened rotation worked wonders and I'm not sure if the Raptors can deal with it again.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Pacers fairly handed it to the Raps last night. The tightened rotation worked wonders and I'm not sure if the Raptors can deal with it again.

Oh Im sure they will beat them handily enough in the 6, but will lose in Indiana again, then it will be if they can handle the nerves, I say no in game 7.

Oh Im sure they will beat them handily enough in the 6, but will lose in Indiana again, then it will be if they can handle the nerves, I say no in game 7.

Pacers @ 27/10 to win the series!

I think I'll have some of that :)

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Pacers @ 27/10 to win the series!

I think I'll have some of that :)

It is great odds for a series against known chokers, still I hope DeRozan comes to Lakers :(

Good to see Cuban coming out against new rules for Hack a Shaq, just reading about him makes me like him more and more. NBAs coolest owner

Good to see Cuban coming out against new rules for Hack a Shaq, just reading about him makes me like him more and more. NBAs coolest owner

He can be a bit of a douche sometimes, but he largely has good ideas. I would imagine he's a fun guy to play for.

In other news, I liked SVG's little dig at the refs afraid to call an offensive foul on LeJon. He'll get a fine for it, but it was funny :)

The spurs Grizzlies game has stopped due to a power surge in the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

GSW - HOU starting now

This series suddenly becomes interesting!

Steph's ankle gone!

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Steph's ankle gone!

He walked off though. Well hobbled off.

Not playing well anyway. If he doesn't come out and improve they are going to be beaten.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/724345556789694464/video/1

Huge respect for Joerger. You can see his passion for his team here. Really like the Grizzlies franchise.

Advertisement