Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mjavi wrote: »
    Saw the stats and KD was 7-33 and Westbrook was 8-22. I never imagined a world where RW will be held down on defense by Deron Williams and Raymond Felton.

Was able to watch the 4th Q of the GSW - HOU game and D12 looks like he doesn't want to be there, getting blocked by Bogut and all. Harden got into the line a lot and Jason Terry almost made things a little bit interesting til GSW decided to end the toying around. Thompson still looks bored while beating you with pull ups and threes.

Yet someone will give D12 a max.....

I've said it before, there's no "d" in James Haren.

mjavi wrote: »
    Saw the stats and KD was 7-33 and Westbrook was 8-22. I never imagined a world where RW will be held down on defense by Deron Williams and Raymond Felton.

Was able to watch the 4th Q of the GSW - HOU game and D12 looks like he doesn't want to be there, getting blocked by Bogut and all. Harden got into the line a lot and Jason Terry almost made things a little bit interesting til GSW decided to end the toying around. Thompson still looks bored while beating you with pull ups and threes.

So KD and RW took 55 Shots combined. Kobe took 50 last week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

So KD and RW took 55 Shots combined. Kobe took 50 last week ;)

I presume your ball hopping Butters? Your hardly comparing a meaningless game which marked the end of Kobe's career with a first round playoff game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Rick Carlisle is such a good coach. To even win a game in that series with that Mavs team against OKC is not something many coaches would pull off.

buyer95 wrote: »
    I presume your ball hopping Butters? Your hardly comparing a meaningless game which marked the end of Kobe's career with a first round playoff game?

I just can't believe the free ride everyone gave Kobe last week tbh. Dude was taking the p*ss and then some.

• Advertisement

Kevin Durant just went 7/33 in a playoff game. Kobe Bryant would have been murdered by a lot of people for that sort of performance.

As poorly as KD shot, the fact that he didn't hustle back on defense after missing two wide open shots in a row was his worst offense.

Scorers miss shots. It happens. But lack of hustle is never okay. Especially from the star players. I'd be irate if I were an OKC fan

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Kevin Durant just went 7/33 in a playoff game. Kobe Bryant would have been murdered by a lot of people for that sort of performance.

As poorly as KD shot, the fact that he didn't hustle back on defense after missing two wide open shots in a row was his worst offense.

Scorers miss shots. It happens. But lack of hustle is never okay. Especially from the star players. I'd be irate if I were an OKC fan

Imagine Haren on that team now too? They'd need 3 balls.

They'd be great to watch offensively though!

Still say had they spent the money in 2012 to keep him they'd likely have won it all in 13. We'll never know. Huge mistake from Presti and the ownership at the time and one that will kill that franchise ultimately when KD or Westbrook or both leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yet someone will give D12 a max.....

I've said it before, there's no "d" in James Haren.

How any team could justify this will be beyond me, Howard has been exposed as a fraud these past few seasons in my opinion. I could write a 1000 words on how much Howard frustrates me as a player.

How any team could justify this will be beyond me, Howard has been exposed as a fraud these past few seasons in my opinion. I could write a 1000 words on how much Howard frustrates me as a player.

I'm telling you there will be one team daft enough to do it, likely more than one too. All in the hope they'll get the beast rather than the p*ssy version. Without question he has to be the most frustrating player in the league, and likely candidate for biggest waste of talent OF ALL TIME. He has such natural gifts but all he wants to do is goof around.

There was an article in sports illustrated earlier this year on exactly why teams will still take a chance on him. Made for depressing reading.

Unfortunately this is the NBA and that old adage "you can't teach size" still holds dear - even in the small call era. Someone will take him.

You say you could write a thousand words on him? I could write 10,000+ without even putting much thought into it (I'm sure you could too btw!). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

I'm telling you there will be one team daft enough to do it, likely more than one too. All in the hope they'll get the beast rather than the p*ssy version. Without question he has to be the most frustrating player in the league, and likely candidate for biggest waste of talent OF ALL TIME. He has such natural gifts but all he wants to do is goof around.

There was an article in sports illustrated earlier this year on exactly why teams will still take a chance on him. Made for depressing reading.

Unfortunately this is the NBA and that old adage "you can't teach size" still holds dear - even in the small call era. Someone will take him.

You say you could write a thousand words on him? I could write 10,000+ without even putting much thought into it (I'm sure you could too btw!). :)

He's a 3 or 4 time dpoty and brought a team to the finals hardly the biggest waste of talent ever. Also I wouldn't pay him close to the max but I think if he goes to a team that occasionally gives him the ball he would be more motivated and a good piece at the very least

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    He's a 3 or 4 time dpoty and brought a team to the finals hardly the biggest waste of talent ever. Also I wouldn't pay him close to the max but I think if he goes to a team that occasionally gives him the ball he would be more motivated and a good piece at the very least

Howard got plenty of the ball in Orlando and he spit the dummy.

He didn't get the ball enough in LA and he spit the dummy.

He has made his bed now in Houston. A roster put together purely by numbers with no consideration made for things like leadership and character, things which himself and Harden are severely lacking.

He's a cancer on a team and a coach killer.

I meant waste of talent compared to what he SHOULD be delivering given that talent. He should be the most dominant big in the league year after year. There's no way anyone would ever describe Dwight Howard as an overachiever.

Would also say Hedo was the leader on that Orlando team that got to the finals btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

buyer95 wrote: »

Yeah cause its exactly the same. Surprised Kobe only took 50, the fans wanted him to shoot, he gave them what they wanted, kinda like the titles he gave them before

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Howard got plenty of the ball in Orlando and he spit the dummy.

He didn't get the ball enough in LA and he spit the dummy.

He has made his bed now in Houston. A roster put together purely by numbers with no consideration made for things like leadership and character, things which himself and Harden are severely lacking.

He got plenty of ball in Orlando and was a superstar he left for a bigger market and a franchise at the time that looked like it was gona win championships hardly the first and won't be the last to do so

He's a cancer on a team and a coach killer.

I meant waste of talent compared to what he SHOULD be delivering given that talent. He should be the most dominant big in the league year after year. There's no way anyone would ever describe Dwight Howard as an overachiever.

Would also say Hedo was the leader on that Orlando team that got to the finals btw.

howard was the star in Orlando though and hedo may have been the leader but Howard was the man on that team.

I'm not saying he's that any more or a good teammate but feeding the big man is one of the basic rules of basketball

howard was the star in Orlando though and hedo may have been the leader but Howard was the man on that team.

I'm not saying he's that any more or a good teammate but feeding the big man is one of the basic rules of basketball

It was - game's changing though. Small ball is king now.

I'm not saying Howard is useless. I'm saying relative to what he could be, he's a huge disappointment - to put it mildly. That's before you talk about the off court stuff, the not trying, the lack of passion, the coach killing, all that crap.

Kobe said he wanted to teach Howard how to win and Dwight didn't want to learn.

No love lost between those two.

He got plenty of ball in Orlando and was a superstar he left for a bigger market and a franchise at the time that looked like it was gona win championships hardly the first and won't be the last to do so

Left for a bigger market and threw his coach under the bus while doing so.

Howard wanted the championship without having to be the guy to step up and bring it home. That's why he joined LA with Kobe and Nash (dumb as that was), and that's why Kobe and others called him out for his commitment and motivation towards the cause.

I never took to Howard's game because he flat out refused to develop any sort of meaningful post game. He just over-relied on powering his way to the rim and now with his back issues his game is not aging as gracefully as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Unfortunately he never developed a post game. That was basically their downfall in their 2009 finals where each time he gets the ball down low dfish was waiting for the first dribble to get the steal. Sad to say that year was his peak, and now he's just HOU's version of DeAndre Jordan. That, and the game has changed where inside presence took a backseat in favor of perimeter and more fluid ball movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Dwight is the perfect example of a player who relied on his god like athletic ability and his basketball ability offensively never progressed. Id put DeAndre Jordan in the same bracket, they have all the athletics none of the actual game.
    I consider them lazy, immature players

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

7 points the Celtics scored in the first quarter. Christ this is poor.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    7 points the Celtics scored in the first quarter. Christ this is poor.

NBA playoff record apparently!

Thibs just signed a 5 year deal with the wolves what a great job to walk into

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thibs just signed a 5 year deal with the wolves what a great job to walk into

I hope he does a great job. Best of luck to him.

A lottery pick this year and Towns and Wiggins, along with being a franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs in over a decade. As you said, a great job to walk into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'm going to the Celtics game on Friday...my god its troubling how bad they have been the past couple of games. In the last 4, they have gone down by 20 points in each game...what a time to have terrible form, it was only a couple of weeks ago the were between GS on their home court.

It seems to me (in my extremely novice view of basketball) that the Hawks are the perfect mismatch for the Celtics. The Celtics need fast pace and turnovers to set up easy scores as they can't shoot for sh1t. So the Hawks are a giant team that just crowds the paint and forces the Celtics to shot 3's and they suck at it. Not to mention they can't even get close to a rhythm because they are so sloppy, the first half of Game 2 was a comedy of errors, it was laughable.

I read a stat over the weekend that for a player taking 200 or more 3's in a season Avery Bradley has the worst % in NBA history........low-mid 20s (it was very late and I was reading on my phone so I can't recall the exact %}.

As smart and as good as Stephens is, somebody has to say stop when you read stuff like that.

I read a stat over the weekend that for a player taking 200 or more 3's in a season Avery Bradley has the worst % in NBA history........low-mid 20s (it was very late and I was reading on my phone so I can't recall the exact %}.

As smart and as good as Stephens is, somebody has to say stop when you read stuff like that.

you sure thats bradley and not smart?

you sure thats bradley and not smart?

Pretty sure....it was very late though...and I'm too tired to google it now....

• Advertisement

Pretty sure....it was very late though...and I'm too tired to google it now....

My bad, it was Smart - 25.3%....worst in NBA HISTORY (for a guy taking over 200 X 3s in a season).

Advertisement