Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Punisher

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

The punisher though I hold little hope for him here

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spider-Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Seeing as he blew Cap out of the water, I gotta go for Castle and hope he shuts up that wise cracking, wall crawling web slinger.
    Punisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm really torn on this one once again between my head and my heart. Went with my heart last time, so this time around I'll side with my head and vote for The Punisher to move forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Punisher!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Firstappearance.png

Another result I didn't see coming as The Punisher makes short work of the web-slinger Spider-Man to secure the last spot in the semi-finals.

I aim to post up the semi-final ties tomorrow evening. As I'm sure many of you will be working, in college, etc. I will look to have it up some time after 7 pm so keep an eye out for that to get your votes in.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Okay folks we have our final four heroes and now it's time to determine the make-up of our final.

Since the stakes are higher, this time the first hero to reach 5 votes will reach the final.

The draw for the semi-finals have been made and so let's get to the first tie.

Batman

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

VS

Professor X

250px-Xav-lopr.png

It's Gotham's hero, Batman, taking on the founder of the X-Men, Charles Xavier aka Professor X.

Two of the greatest minds are clashing here. Which one will reach the final? Remember - first to 5 votes takes the win.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Batman.

Batman on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

It's the end of the road for Professor X here. He's no match for the Caped Crusader.

Batman

Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Batman......

Batman!

It's a dark day, or rather a dark night (eek), for Professor X as Bruce Wayne's alter ego makes short work of Charles and swoops into the final.

Now we turn to our second and last semi-final to determine who will fight Batman for the tournament's crown...

Wolverine

Marvelwolverine.jpg

VS

The Punisher

220px-PunisherWarZone1.jpg

It's a battle of two badass characters here as the final member of the X-Men, the claw-wielding Wolverine, does battle with the gun-toting, vengeful vigilante, The Punisher.

Both of these characters have had a lot of support in the tournament but now one of them has to go! Which one will it be? First to 5 votes reaches the final.

Bye Bye Wolverine, it's The Punisher I am voting for.

I didn't think I would be, but I'm leaning more towards Frank Castle. I vote for The Punisher.

Love both but Wolverine just shades it for me.

Wolverine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Logan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Wolverine.

• Advertisement

The Punisher

Frank Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Wolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Wolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wolverine

Wow, what a fantastic battle to finish off the semi-finals that was.

The Punisher raced into a 2-0 lead, only for Wolverine to claw it back (yeah I said it) and make it 3-2; but then The Punisher picked up 2 more votes to lead 4-3 and be on the brink of reaching the final...only for Wolverine to get a two-vote late surge and take the tie 5-4.

It was a great way to set up our final and we have learned that it will be Wolverine that will compete for the crown.

I will shortly post the details of the final, so stay tuned...

Well, ladies and gents, we started off with 64 superheroes and now we are left with our final 2. It will be a DC vs Marvel showdown, a Justice League vs X-Men clash, and it will be up to your good selves to determine who will take the glory.

Here's how it will work: to ensure as much participation as possible for this final we will have a 24 hour time limit for receiving votes. In this final, simply put the hero with the most votes shall win!

(Note - in the event it's tied after the time limit expires then I will do a Ceann Comhairle job and cast a vote to break the deadlock.)

So then, without further ado, it is time for the final to determine best superhero.

Batman

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

Path to the Final

Rd 1 - Defeated Hawkman
    Rd 2 - Defeated Blade
    Rd of 16 - Defeated Nick Fury
    Q-Finals - Defeated Superman
    S-Finals - Defeated Professor X

VS

Wolverine

Marvelwolverine.jpg

Path to the Final

Rd 1 - Defeated The Rocketeer
    Rd 2 - Defeated The Phantom
    Rd of 16 - Defeated Gambit
    Q-Finals - Defeated Daredevil
    S-Finals - Defeated The Punisher

So then, who takes the glory? The vote will close tomorrow aka Tuesday, April 26th, at 11 p.m (to be exact).

So folks, for the final time in this game, cast your votes now.

When I was a kid (in the early 90s) X-Men: The Animated Series and Batman: The Animated Series were the two greatest superhero cartoons and both still hold up well to this day. Those cartoons were my introduction to both these characters so I have a great love for both Wolverine and Batman - this really could've come down to a toss of a coin for me.

My vote however, is for Wolverine, for 3 reasons...

1. The competition he knocked out in previous rounds is more impressive (in my opinion) than who Batman went up against.
    2. Even though I really enjoy DC, I've always been much more impressed with Marvel on a whole.
    3. Wolverine is the underdog going into this final, and who doesn't love a good underdog story?

Wolverine! Wolverine! Wolverine!

Batman!

• Advertisement

When I was a kid (in the early 90s) X-Men: The Animated Series and Batman: The Animated Series were the two greatest superhero cartoons and both still hold up well to this day. Those cartoons were my introduction to both these characters so I have a great love for both Wolverine and Batman - this really could've come down to a toss of a coin for me.

My vote however, is for Wolverine, for 3 reasons...

1. The competition he knocked out in previous rounds is more impressive (in my opinion) than who Batman went up against.
    2. Even though I really enjoy DC, I've always been much more impressed with Marvel on a whole.
    3. Wolverine is the underdog going into this final, and who doesn't love a good underdog story?

Wolverine! Wolverine! Wolverine!

This is pretty much word for word how I feel. I too grew up watching any and all superhero animated series and loved em all. It's near impossible for me to separate these two but like above I think Wolverine has taken out a better array of talent in the earlier rounds.

Both characters are timeless really - in 50 years time both these guys will still be massively popular.

Batman is brilliant but I love Wolverine. Everything about him - back story, healing factor, adamantium skeleton and claws the works.

It's tight but my vote goes to The Wolverine

Advertisement