Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC Contactless payments with Android!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Dard23 wrote: »
    No I used it with just the 5 euro credit I was given. Not being funny but was your NFC definitely on?
    Definitely, terminal acknowledged the presence of a "card" but declined it. Must check was it trying to use Samsung Pay or something instead, but I've set boon. as the default payment method.

Edit: the "prioritise foreground application" button under NFC settings was off so maybe it was trying to start boon. from scratch when I had already opened it and entered my pin. I'll try again and report back. I get very self conscious when I'm in queues being awkward so if something goes wrong I don't try to debug, just fire a tenner at the attendant to get out of there quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Berty wrote:
    My device is an S6 on the new Marshmallow. Got my Sandwich, Crisps and Coke for €3.50 in Dunnes. Free Lunch. Thanks Boon.

Does it work in every Dunnes? Would they have same terminals etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Works in Dunnes self pay machines in Stephen's Green anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Arbie wrote: »
    Works in Dunnes self pay machines in Stephen's Green anyway.

All their POSU seems to be the same in every store. I used the Customer Service Desk in Carlow as there's no Self Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

Finally got it to work on Irish Vodafone SU 6 (not rooted, stock).
    Got free €5 as welcome, then extra €5 bonus when I topped up. Very happy with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

brookedave wrote: »
    Finally got it to work on Irish Vodafone SU 6 (not rooted, stock).
    Got free €5 as welcome, then extra €5 bonus when I topped up. Very happy with that!

How much did you top up and you got the bonus?

inel wrote: »

€100 - though I had no idea I'd get any bonus, so it was a nice surprise!

brookedave wrote: »
    inel wrote: »

100 - though I had no idea I'd get any bonus, so it was a nice surprise!
    Definitely not risking that much until I know it works for sure! Is there any way to return the the balance to your bank account if you can't use it?

Are there any alternatives available? I like my rooted phone too much to undo it all.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Definitely not risking that much until I know it works for sure! Is there any way to return the the balance to your bank account if you can't use it?

No risk for me - it works at the petrol station across the road from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Anyone know when you go to a self service till like in super valu do you have to select cash or card? Or just neither and let it do its thing?

Got this working in McDonald's the other day. Can't convince myself of the benefit of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Hi are people still using this

It never lets me log in - just says "Sorry something went wrong please try later "

after re-installing etc with no luck ( I have 15 euro credit I think)

I emailed a few times with no reply

last email I sent on 14th July - they replied TODAY 5th Sept - saying all ok on their side etc etc

wondering if any one else had problems

• Registered Users Posts: 6 djkac

hey
    I had a same problem. i put 30 e on the account and problems began.
    I finally log out and log in back and worked for a while. I had to repeat this every time I got this error. Im down to 6 euro and not going to top up.
    Maybe finally our banks open their eyes and offer this functionality.
    Im from Poland and there most of banks offer NFC apps on phones for years:

http: //www .ingbank.pl/indywidualni/karty/nfc
    http: //www .bph.pl/repo/bph/microsite/platnosci_mobilne/index.html
    http: //www .bzwbk.pl/karty-platnicze/karty-do-kont/karty-mobile/platnosci-zblizeniowe-telefonem-hce.html
    etc
    and some TV advertisements:
    https: //www .youtube.com/watch?v=mVvuKIeAS-A

I gave those links so maybe our banks will try to catch eastern friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Are there any alternatives available? I like my rooted phone too much to undo it all.

Have you tried "Systemless Root ".

I haven't, as it means resetting to stock and then doing the thing.
    Chainfire reckons it's a game of cat and mouse, all the time becoming more difficult to outwith the root checking apps. Look on XDA. Let us know how it goes, might be tempted.:)

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My phone isint rooted and it says that it is. Pretty annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Tried it in Dunnes Kilkenny yesterday at the self checkouts. Worked first time and got a free lunch. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I just tried to resister and it said my number is already in use. I don't recall registering before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Well I am a convert, I used it in the work cafe yesterday for the first time and it's great. I am going to try and set it up as a catch all for small payments (and use it to budget them), but I also leave my wallet or debit card at home a lot, so I will keep enough in it for it to be used to cover me when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

With a vf ultra 6, is the NFC at the middle of the phone. I've not managed to pay yet but I've always used the top the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Anyone still using this regularly?

Wish they supported the OnePlus 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Anyone still using this regularly?

Wish they supported the OnePlus 3 :(

Have a look at this similar service which should work on the OnePlus 3:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eu.leupost

Have a look at this similar service which should work on the OnePlus 3:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eu.leupost

Installed, will try it out!

Cheers!

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Installed, will try it out!

Cheers!

Just to put too many funds in it.

It's a Bank in Malta using an English Electronic Money License utilizing a Bulgarian Card issuer.

Now the bank behind it, SATA Bank is pretty stable and the Maltese regulator is not afraid to close down banks if they don't perform, but I would not park more than a couple of euros on it.

Or get the 5€ plastic mastercard so that you can cash out if needed.

Just to update in case there's any OnePlus 3 users wondering, I used it today in McDonalds/Tesco in Dublin with no problems so many thanks to Yggr of Asgard for pointing that in my direction. Only thing which I suppose could be a hindrance is you seem to have to tap twice, once to initialise the transaction and another to actually pay. Otherwise it just seems to hang and it gets cancelled. No hassle to just do it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

I checked the whitelist and it said my P9 is compatible but when I went to register it said phone not compatible !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just registered but didn't get €5. Do u have to give your photo ID to get the fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

iggy wrote: »
    Just registered but didn't get €5. Do u have to give your photo ID to get the fiver?

No you don't but I used it once and it worked but then I threw 20 quid in it and now it says card declined every time, I have gave up on ringing them...:(

There is now also another option beside boon. and Leupay, it's called SEQR.

https://tapandpay.seqr.com/

However a.) it needs more taps as you have to have the app open and b.) you need to be willing to give them Direct Debit access to your current account, as it debits the amount from that rather a balance.

There are no fees and there is a cashback (1% to 3%). Foreign transactions are 2%.

They are a Swedish company.

• Advertisement

There is now also another option beside boon. and Leupay, it's called SEQR.

https://tapandpay.seqr.com/

However a.) it needs more taps as you have to have the app open and b.) you need to be willing to give them Direct Debit access to your current account, as it debits the amount from that rather a balance.

There are no fees and there is a cashback (1% to 3%). Foreign transactions are 2%.

They are a Swedish company.

I tried this, nicely designed app but unfortunately (for me) not OnePlus 3 compatible.

Advertisement