Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today i nearly died...

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

With protein powder?

Though all joking aside, although I don't know anything about hurting muscles from exercise (God forbid) I do a lot of massage, and deep tissue, and make sure you're drinking lots of water to flush yourself out. Heat is good to help muscles stop hurting (hot water bottle, hot bath), like someone already said, foam roller or get someone to give you a rub. You can get a rub (not tiger balm) that heats the area up and gives relief too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

70Kg is about my weight, good to know if i ever want to kill someone i can just sit on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

With protein powder?

With milk...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I am happy to be alive

• Advertisement

You're going to have to get those protein pots for lunch now too, do it right. Salmon and wasabi peas and boiled eggs. And a man bun.

A greying man bun, Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    I have tea...

Sure you're grand so.. ! Tea cures everything..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've got a weights related near death incident as well. This was back in my college days when I hit the gym a fair bit and on one particular day, I hit it too hard.
    Threw on extra weight and done extra reps on my arms and chest routines. It was grand....or so I thought.
    Later that day I was taking a short cut to a friends house and it involved climbing over a wall with a 8 - 10 foot drop on the other side. As I was climbing over, all muscles in my upper body failed me and I went head first over the wall, banged my head off the wall while falling and some how landed on my feet. I seen my life starting to flash before I landed like a cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

TG1 wrote: »
    On a serious note though, that op is exactly why I think this gym thing is going to be the end of the human race, the amount of people I've heard of recently with fairly serious self inflicted gym injuries is ridiculous!

In all seriousness, when done right, the 'gym thing' is one of the best things you can do if you are like me and sit in front of computers for a living. Lifting heavy weights strengthens the very muscles that are weakened when hunched over a keyboard or looking down at your phone. It properly fixes your posture and over time, increases your bone density, strengthens your legs and lowers your centre of gravity which decreases the likelihood of something like falling over and breaking a hip in old age.

On another note, I once had to go to work with a serious dose of man flu. How I survived that is beyond me.

In all seriousness, when done right, the 'gym thing' is one of the best things you can do if you are like me and sit in front of computers for a living. Lifting heavy weights strengthens the very muscles that are weakened when hunched over a keyboard or looking down at your phone. It properly fixes your posture and over time, increases your bone density, strengthens your legs and lowers your centre of gravity which decreases the likelihood of something like falling over and breaking a hip in old age.

On another note, I once had to go to work with a serious dose of man flu. How I survived that is beyond me.

Not many live to tell that tale

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not every hero wears a cape my good man.

Advertisement