Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P9/P9 plus

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭brevity

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I just let my Spotify play until the screen went blank and it was fine.

I use the BBC iPlayer radio app and Pocket Casts and both of the get closed when the screen goes off. Might try with Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I believe having a battery saving mode function "on" can do this

Just had a look in the menu,there is a setting under "battery" where after you press optimize it gives a list of apps that are left on or turned off after the screen locks,you can choose which apps close etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

brevity wrote: »
    Has anyone else had an issue with audio specific apps closing on screen off?

When i manually power off the screen it's fine but if the screen powers off automatically then the audio stops.

I've set the apps not to close on screen off but it hasn't done anything.

Very annoying when I'm listening to music/podcasts...

No, I don't have that issue. I use Spotify a bit and the screen stays dark but just comes back for a couple of seconds at the end of each song in case I want to select it again or skip forward etc.
    I just leave it dark all the time and control it with screen gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Kicking myself. Tesco had the P9 on good offer, 'free' and on billpay of €30 pm, 2 year contract.

I held off for a while nd when I was going to buy it saw its out of stock and won't be back.

So now looking at about €250 up front for a phone bit don't think I'll get one as good as the P9.

Possibilities include the Mi5s, LeEco (but bad support putting me off), Redmi Pro or similar. Had my eyes on the ZTE Axon 7 but didn't realise it's €300+

Anyone still using one of these?

The last security update I have is from 1st of March 2017! Does anyone have anything different?

The phone is supposed to be getting Oreo so that's good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

The security patch on my P3 is 05 April 2017. Lack of security patches is making me think twice about upgrading to the P20 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

brevity wrote: »
    Anyone still using one of these?

The last security update I have is from 1st of March 2017! Does anyone have anything different?

The phone is supposed to be getting Oreo so that's good...
    I still have mine with Vodafone on Bill Pay. Over the last couple of months it has started to freeze and I end up having to force a restart. Sometimes turning on the Bluetooth does it. I had a security update last week and the Security update is dated 1st April 2018.
    No idea when Oreo will drop, they can be slow to update. But, i'm planning an upgrade anyway but I'm not due for another few months.

Yea, mine is on its last legs too. I'm on eir, it's concerning that I haven't had an update...

Might get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Have to admit that mine is still snappy enough. Doesn’t freeze but the battery doesn’t seem to hold a charge as well as it did. That might be a software issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

mine is still working pretty good and the battery seems to be lasting quite good on the whole ..certainly a whole day anyway ..

Android security level is April 1st 2018 .. i'm with Vodafone

• Advertisement

This security update business is quite annoying. Didn't realise they were so good at getting them out...

Advertisement