Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P9/P9 plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

It was switched off on mine by default as far as I can tell. Now I'm tempted to turn it on to see what it does to the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭brevity

SteM wrote: »
    It was switched off on mine by default as far as I can tell. Now I'm tempted to turn it on to see what it does to the phone :)

It definitely helps with the battery anyway. The phone charges a lot quicker when it's switched on.

brevity wrote: »
    It definitely helps with the battery anyway. The phone charges a lot quicker when it's switched on.

It's always been off on mine and I've been very happy with the battery life. It's the first smartphone out of the 6 or so that I've had I've ever had where I can honestly say that.

Does turning it on slow the phone down or make it glitchy?

It's always been off on mine and I've been very happy with the battery life. It's the first smartphone out of the 6 or so that I've had I've ever had where I can honestly say that.

Does turning it on slow the phone down or make it glitchy?

Yea, in retrospect for me it wasn't the best performing phone but I guess I know why now.

It seems much better now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Hi all,
    Anyone recommend a quick charger for p9 and where to buy it ?

Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Where is the best place to pick one of these up?

Anyone get the update to EMUI 5/Android 7?

Should be out sometime this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not yet been regularly checking for the ota update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Out of curiosity, what are the long term reviews like with the P9? As in, those of you that have had it for quite a while, how would you rate it?  I ask, as the P10 Plus is really grabbing my fancy, and I'm due an upgrade. I had pretty much decided on an S8, but God only knows how much that's going to be. Any input from P9/ P9 Plus users would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

I've had mine good while now and still really enjoy the P9 so far I've had zero issues with it , currently about 92% full and yet it still flies along and i still think the dual camera set up is one of the best on the market at present,
    I've been through the Sony's and Samsung's and HTCs and id take the P9 any day over the rest ,
    I went with Nova launcher fairly early on didn't like the huawei launcher at all

Im looking at the follow up the P10 due sometime in April I believe

Gatling wrote: »
    I've had mine good while now and still really enjoy the P9 so far I've had zero issues with it , currently about 92% full and yet it still flies along and i still think the dual camera set up is one of the best on the market at present,
    I've been through the Sony's and Samsung's and HTCs and id take the P9 any day over the rest ,
    I went with Nova launcher fairly early on didn't like the huawei launcher at all

Im looking at the follow up the P10 due sometime in April I believe
    Yeah, from what I understand it'll be available exclusively to 3 for the first two weeks of April, and then with Vodafone after that in mind April. Only available in black as well.

I'll be coming from a Z3, and I've got to say I've loved it. Tha main draw to it at the time was the camera/ battery life and water proofing, so I'll miss that on the P10. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Mate on EIR got it at least 2 weeks ago now. I'm on Vodafone - nothing. Going to try flashing it on. I'll let you know if it works, or bricks.

EDIT - Actually, I've chickened out and will wait on Vodafone to push it. For those that want to try
    http://www.stechguide.com/huawei-p9-b378-nougat-update/

Mate on EIR got it at least 2 weeks ago now. I'm on Vodafone - nothing. Going to try flashing it on. I'll let you know if it works, or bricks.

Was it definitely the update to Android 7 he got? I got an update a few weeks ago on Three but it wasn't the OS update.

Was it definitely the update to Android 7 he got? I got an update a few weeks ago on Three but it wasn't the OS update.

Yea, definitely - has the split screen and all the jazz

I just got the update OTA and it seems fine for the most part. Not sure what I was expecting really.

EMUI 5 is grand still getting used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just waiting for my update to finish. Apparently they've introduce an app drawer so I'm looking forward to using EMUI for a while rather than Nova!

Same here halfway through the download

Gatling wrote: »
    Same here halfway through the download

Which network are you guys on?

Which network are you guys on?

Meteor for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yeah, from what I understand it'll be available exclusively to 3 for the first two weeks of April, and then with Vodafone after that in mind April. Only available in black as well.

I'll be coming from a Z3, and I've got to say I've loved it. Tha main draw to it at the time was the camera/ battery life and water proofing, so I'll miss that on the P10. Oh well.

Meteor are starting online sales on March 24th and retail roll out on the 4th for the p10. Not sure if they're stocking the plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

The update just dropped for me on Vodafone. I had to manually scan for it. Downloading as we speak.

Vodafone for me. Came up automatically.

I'm really liking the changes except for the fact that the icons are frickin' massive on the screen and in the drawer

The dialog boxes are huge as well. I don't like them.

I'll play around a bit more, see if I can get used to it.

Meteor are starting online sales on March 24th and retail roll out on the 4th for the p10. Not sure if they're stocking the plus.
    I was given that info from Huawei when I contacted them, but then again, that was last week so things have obviously changed. I'm still between two minds as to whether to go for the P10 Plus or an S7 edge.

Lol, I've already gone back to nova.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Vodafone for me. Came up automatically.

I'm really liking the changes except for the fact that the icons are frickin' massive on the screen and in the drawer

Nothing for me on Vodafone :(

The new text and email previews in the notification screen is much improved. I miss the dark background on the clock screens.

Has anyone else had an issue with audio specific apps closing on screen off?

When i manually power off the screen it's fine but if the screen powers off automatically then the audio stops.

I've set the apps not to close on screen off but it hasn't done anything.

Very annoying when I'm listening to music/podcasts...

• Advertisement

Has anyone else had an issue with audio specific apps closing on screen off?

When i manually power off the screen it's fine but if the screen powers off automatically then the audio stops.

I've set the apps not to close on screen off but it hasn't done anything.

Very annoying when I'm listening to music/podcasts...

I just let my Spotify play until the screen went blank and it was fine.

Advertisement