Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Answer: Myspace

Correct answer: Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

AS is always the rule with investment "do your own research".
    sift through the jingoistic cheerleading from Tesla EV forums, mix in hard sales data from key markets like Germany and France.
    Note the manufacturers bringing out multiple models in the coming quarters up until early 2023.
    Remember that companies like PSA and VAG sell more than just one model and a Model 3 outselling no2. and no.3 in the sales leaderboard and it is obvious that developments are not in Tesla's favour.

Why not let people do their own research?
    Instead of trolling......

Based on the information provided and the happy-clappy comments of others I feel I'm doing people a favour. My VW shares are down today, just as well I spread my risk by investing in Renault who are also down but not by as much.
    don't bet your house on Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Based on the information provided and the happy-clappy comments of others I feel I'm doing people a favour. My VW shares are down today, just as well I spread my risk by investing in Renault who are also down but not by as much.
    don't bet your house on Tesla.

I'd rather bet the house on Tesla than invest in renault and VW

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

p to the e wrote: »
    Tesla lost a big purchaser of their carbon credits.

The credits were obviously only ever a temporary income while laggard auto producers moved slowly away from making ICE cars. A nice income all the same, money for nothing. Billions of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

https://youtu.be/vGcrsXImclo?t=386

Model Y sales down 20% in the US.
    Sales of all Tesla models down 50% in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

He pissed off all his crypto customers. Hydrogen is coming. To many injured workers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Already mostly debunked by Rob Maurer.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

Plaid S Delivery event:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭garrettod

At this stage, Musk is becoming a liability for Tesla - his purchase of Bitcoin with Tesla funds, and his toying with crypto currencies on social media, aren't doing the company any favours with its investors imho.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    At this stage, Musk is becoming a liability for Tesla - his purchase of Bitcoin with Tesla funds, and his toying with crypto currencies on social media, aren't doing the company any favours with its investors imho.

Ya if/when the SP pushed past $700 again I’m reducing my position because of him. It’s become a riskier stock for me because of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

cc87 wrote: »
    Ya if/when the SP pushed past $700 again I’m reducing my position because of him. It’s become a riskier stock for me because of him.

What has changed though? He has always been like this. If anything he has toned it down recently since the SEC pulled him aside.

It is a risky stock alright though. It’s not logically priced.

KCross wrote: »
    What has changed though? He has always been like this. If anything he has toned it down recently since the SEC pulled him aside.

It is a risky stock alright though. It’s not logically priced.

The value of BTC is linked to the value of TSLA and its ability to be profitable is currently only because of BTC. If he continues playing with crypto markets in a way that negatively affects pricing then it has a knock on affect on the SP of TSLA. Particularly when there’s been a lot of FUD around TSLA in the press already.

Unless TSLA/Elon come out and say they’ve bought a load of BTC (which I don’t think is the case) during the recent drop I would prefer he not be so willing to play with the value of TSLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I do wish Tesla well but Ford are selling the F150 electric for less than 40k and it sounds like an absolute beast:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-12/the-electric-lightning-is-ford-s-most-powerful-f-150-truck-ever

Ford trucks like this are absolutely embedded in American culture nowadays, this is going to wipe the floor with the cybertruck.

Thargor wrote: »
    I do wish Tesla well but Ford are selling the F150 electric for less than 40k and it sounds like an absolute beast:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-12/the-electric-lightning-is-ford-s-most-powerful-f-150-truck-ever

Ford trucks like this are absolutely embedded in American culture nowadays, this is going to wipe the floor with the cybertruck.

I think they will appeal to different buyers. Most F150 buyers probably drive Fords already. No reason both can't sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Anyone else holding lithium stocks? I've got a large stake in Pilbara Minerals (PLS) which has been going insane of late. Only last year it was at $0.15 and struggling to refinance. I'd gotten to the point where I'd pretty much written it off. Now it's up to $2.45 and showing no signs of slowing down!

Exact same for me, written off with a vow never to p1ss money away on the ASX again, now it's growing into one of my main holdings. Already a ten bagger for me and I took my full allowance of those cheap shares they offered a while back. Still annoyed at that 100% loss on TAW though, wtf even happened there? If they'd managed to last this long they'd be quids in but they totally imploded.

More than made it all back now though and I'll hopefully be making it all back someday as a capital gains write off when I sell pls, we could be very happy in 5 years time holding these or sooner if they get snapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Covered my TAW losses thanks to Pilbarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Yeah there's definitely been a few duds in there. Luckily the only other one I was in was AJM for a small stake and they went bust but assets were bought out by PLS so overall a net gain really! I might sell down a little bit of PLS just to diversify but I'm holding it long-term along with a couple of rare earths plays. They all have serious tailwinds at the moment. Looking forward to getting some dividends from PLS soon or as you say a nice buy-out.

I've been invested in Albemarle for some time. Pretty pleased so far.

New ATH in PLS, they held an auction for some excess product and the bidding went a bit mental implying strong demand, they also announced a massive resource upgrade, could be heading for $3 but the market cap is getting a bit big now. Still no real other production coming online for a long long time so looking good here.

TSLA new ATH today, well over $900 (that is $4500 per old share - these were worth just $200 a couple of years ago)

$1000 looks very likely, perhaps even as soon as Q1 '22

I guess it is natural that we haven't heard from any shorts in this thread for a long time. I just hope no one of them had their personal finances ruined by their misgiven beliefs. And I wish I had not taken my quick profit back in the day, I'd be loaded now if I had held onto them 😂

Q1 '22? How about just 3 days after above post 😂

Hertz orders 100,000 Teslas. TSLA close to $1000, incredible stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah it's been flying up lately. I bought some in February last year, around $170, and it dropped by 50% a few weeks later when the pandemic hit. It's up 450+% now!

Mad to think Musk got in trouble for talking about 420...

PLS in a trading halt or the next couple of sessions pending announcement of an alliance with someone, probably the long rumored POSCO deal, could see new ATHs there if it comes off.

I went with TAW instead of AVZ a couple of years ago and AVZ has been a rocket since then, missed out on some serious $$$ there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Madness but for one there's a good reason behind the jump in price. I can see it rising more as people will jump on based on 1. the Hertz news 2. the share rocketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

Well done to those of you who made money on this but there is no way the current share price is justified. 6th most valuable company in the world, 299th in earnings, 196th in revenue. It is 60% as valuable as every other car maker on the planet combined.

I have no idea how this will end, but I could never bring myself to putting my money into it.

Advertisement