Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

ELM327 wrote: »

When you hear them talking on newstalk about tesla stocks, it's too late. Get out.

They were talking about Tesla stock on newstalk every few months for the last few years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Augeo wrote: »
    They were talking about Tesla stock on newstalk every few months for the last few years :)
    I heard it for the first time yesterday
    Generally my listening is to the morning show 7-9 and the evening show 5-7, sometimes catch a bit of kenny live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

You absolutely can time the market.
    Whether it's chance or methodology (it's generally both) depends on the individual!

Chance I get. I would however be interested in what methodology you use to time the market. How long have you used it? Would you consider yourself a very experienced investor or a trader? Would your methodology work across different sectors and asset classes or is it specifically tailored to something more specific? Genuinely curious here.

I'm a n00b to investing (less than 12 months) however I am a credit risk analyst by trade so I have some insights into financials and scores

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

if you timed it right you could have bought at 900 and sold at 960.
    It's not about price it's about timing

When you hear them talking on newstalk about tesla stocks, it's too late. Get out.

i was meaning more the people buying 960 and hoping it would keep going vertical :(
    same thing happened on Tilray, that was being bought at $300 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

unkel wrote: »
    Those are the kinda reasoning / stats that old skool investors like Warren Buffet use. Made him very rich very slowly over 60-70 years investing in Coca-Cola etc.

He missed out on all of the likes of Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon and now Tesla though...

Whats wrong with investing Coca Cola anyway? I bought lots of Coca Colas at the start of January and its up by 10% since. Pretty much a risk free investment with good dividends. An excellent return for someone who doesn't know what they are doing, like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭sk8board

Those bitcoins are now paying interest. When do you reckon Tesla will start paying 5% dividends monthly?
    19k is going to look cheap in the future, it's like land there not making any more of it. :)

Speaking of bubbles, and getting back OT ....

TSLA opened down at $698 and found some buyers. Level for the today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

sk8board wrote: »
    Speaking of bubbles, and getting back OT ....

TSLA opened down at $698 and found some buyers. Level for the today

A stock with such a low float is easy to manipulate. I believe when this all shakes out, people will be going to jail. My money is on Johnny Depp to play Elon in the film.

A stock with such a low float is easy to manipulate. I believe when this all shakes out, people will be going to jail. My money is on Johnny Depp to play Elon in the film.

TSLAQ lives on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

This guy thinks it's related to options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

And by the look of the pre trading its on the up again

Yes, up $80 in premarket

probably a bull trap

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Must be the first company I've seen pump 5% after announcing an offering.

$920 pre-market I thought the insanity was over!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Going to have another go at $1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭littlevillage

lucky john wrote: »
    Going to have another go at $1000.

Now at $937 ...Unbelieveable stuff :eek:

• Advertisement

Hit 945 earlier.
    Wonder if it will hit the 1k this time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I assume nobody is still holding, looks like a mass sell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

I assume nobody is still holding, looks like a mass sell off.

Are you still here making assumptions......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

First it giveth.

First it giveth.

In fairness, back up to 730$ now. I was expecting it to drop down the likes of 500 with this whole crash. Where does everyone else see the share price heading?

Timmaay wrote: »
    In fairness, back up to 730$ now. I was expecting it to drop down the likes of 500 with this whole crash. Where does everyone else see the share price heading?

I still think it goes lower, especially if the stock market also drops

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Still selling going on, 5% down on a green day even after the recent hammering. Those 2 lads on Askaboutmoney who got burned and closed their shorts in the 900s must be raging.

It's crazy that he's keeping the fremont factory open when the local area is in lockdown. Building cars right now is essential?

The man is a nut case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why? Its not total economic shutdown, are there any other factories still open in the US? Are all their owners nutcases aswell?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Why? Its not total economic shutdown, are there any other factories still open in the US? Are all their owners nutcases aswell?

Six counties in the Bay Area have issued a “shelter in place” order with the hope to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and flatten the growth of the virus.

They stated:

Everyone is to work from home, or stop working, unless they provide an essential service: healthcare workers; police, fire and other emergency responders.

It’s unclear how they plan to enforce the measure, but they have made the sheriffs and police chiefs responsible for compliance.

Tesla’s Fremont factory, where it produces most of its electric vehicles, is located in one of those six counties and has been suspected to shut down when the order goes into effect at midnight tonight.

However, we have received several reports from Tesla employees stating that they were told by the company that they plan to be in operation tomorrow.

Advertisement