Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying person you worked with

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Jokes dont work when the other person doesnt know what you are talking about. Explaining it kills the joke.

Not everyone keeps up to date with current events. I dont buy newspapers, listen to the radio, have a tv or have any exposure to news/current events outside of picking up the odd bit online. I generally have a bit of a catch up with news over the weekend as I dont have time during the week. Maybe shes the same?

Huh?

Intheclouds, very apt user name. Good grief Charlie Brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My old HR manager was a gay man in his early 30s, he was the most effeminate man I've ever met

He was really bitchy and had his clique of 3 girls that would gossip all day. He'd call them all to go for smoke breaks every hour, they'd be blatantly whispering about you, like something out of Mean Girls. The worst one was when he'd say things like 'us girls are going on our break' or 'you know us girls have to stick together'. It's like he was playing a character, people used to call him David Walliams. Such a nasty man, absolutely hated working with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

We had a cat lady in our office, she literally had about 10 cats and she would constantly talk about them and refer them as if they were her friends, one of the cats got pregnant and she spent one lunch time going into detail about how the cat gave birth, like please I just need my lunch break to not talk about cats.

Thankfully she left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Jokes dont work when the other person doesnt know what you are talking about. Explaining it kills the joke.

Not everyone keeps up to date with current events. I dont buy newspapers, listen to the radio, have a tv or have any exposure to news/current events outside of picking up the odd bit online. I generally have a bit of a catch up with news over the weekend as I dont have time during the week. Maybe shes the same?

Got time to be farting around on Boards though, doncha? Hmm? Huh? Well??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Or the inane chatter of men discussing soccer/rugby/gold/GAA....:p
    Absolutely agree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

I used to work across from a lady who moaned about everything from the moment she got in in the morning til the moment she left in the evening. She would give out about the boss, the location of work, and if a customer phoned, god love them she would be on the defensive immediately. I found it so tiring to sit near her as I had to listen to this negativity constantly. Wouldn't mind but her husband seemed like a very jolly fellow I don't know how he put up listening to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

HensVassal wrote: »
    The arch-contradicter is one of the worst **** of all time.
    No, he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

There's this gay fella I work with who is always asking personal questions. He makes everything sexual too with constant innuendo. What's more annoying is that everyone else thinks he is a great laugh but I can't stand him.

Is there anything more boring in a person than someone who defines themselves completely by their sexuality. These people have nothing else going on for them I find. Just being Gay is it. Same as the "alpha male" dumbasses who go on about "birds" and whatever crap. Yeah we get it you have no personality beyond that of a horny 15 year old. You are boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Worked as a waiter with a girl who thought it was the guys jobs to do all her work cause she was a girl, was crazy. She used to just try giggle her way through the day and everytime we wouldnt help her she used to get so frustrated she didnt last long

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We got a flock of new grads in, one of which was very put out to be trained by a woman (Oh God, the indignity!) and one without a degree (how can I add without the aid of a calculator or taking off my shoes for the extra digits?!). Knobhead.

I suspended the services of an SME in the morning, came back from lunch to find they had been reconnected and a female new grad (who'd also been on the tail end of some of knobheads opinions) suggesting I might want to listen to the call. Knobhead had not only told the customer he was my manager (false), but had made personal comments about my immigration status, leading the customer to call Immigration and our company HR about me... I was fully legal and compliant but still

Knobhead was called to HR, he denied it until the call was replayed, but they gave him a warning (to my disappointment). Couple of months later Immigration inspectors arrived - for him. He had entered on a student visa and had been using false papers to work. He was deported back to Nigeria and I suspect he's probably now running 'Nigerian Prince' scams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

on_my_oe wrote: »
    We got a flock of new grads in, one of which was very put out to be trained by a woman (Oh God, the indignity!) and one without a degree (how can I add without the aid of a calculator or taking off my shoes for the extra digits?!). Knobhead.

I suspended the services of an SME in the morning, came back from lunch to find they had been reconnected and a female new grad (who'd also been on the tail end of some of knobheads opinions) suggesting I might want to listen to the call. Knobhead had not only told the customer he was my manager (false), but had made personal comments about my immigration status, leading the customer to call Immigration and our company HR about me... I was fully legal and compliant but still

Knobhead was called to HR, he denied it until the call was replayed, but they gave him a warning (to my disappointment). Couple of months later Immigration inspectors arrived - for him. He had entered on a student visa and had been using false papers to work. He was deported back to Nigeria and I suspect he's probably now running 'Nigerian Prince' scams.
    Great karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Epicbutterfly

I worked with a girl who spent 80% of her day shopping online for bargains. I got a new phone a months ago and she quizzed me on how much it cost and what bill pay plan it was. She is one of the coupons warriors. Fair enough being thrifty but this is a stage 1 sting! If you even so happened to know anyone who worked in any store in Ireland offering a staff discount she would make sure she got the discount. It got to the point where I was throwing a birthday for my OH and she wanted to order items from same online store so I would pay delivery charge instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

For the people who say they are extremely bored with hearing the "inane chatter" of daily life such as watching the match, painting the house etc- what exactly do YOU talk about then when you are gathered round the canteen table? Do you have a captive audience as you regale people with tales of curing cancer, climbing Everest or sleeping with a celebrity?
    Real life is rarely exciting and the daily chats like what was on Netflix or did you get caught in the rain is perfectly normal. I'm just curious as to what exactly the alternative is for people who get bored at such talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I work with someone who drinks red bull in the office. He's a really funny guy, and you can knock great Craic out of him but every time I get a whiff of that awful smell I want to punch him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am working with the most inane twit on the planet. I have literally never heard anything intelligent come out of her mouth. Despite the fact she talks non stop. And laughs, laughs, laughs. Every bloody banal statement has a laugh at the end of it. And she smiles constantly (at nothing, she literally walks along empty corridors beaming). It's just bizarre. I can see her all day popping her head up and looking for conversations to interrupt, just so she can talk some more. I am pretty sure there is nothing but tumbleweed between her two ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Unbearable lady who commented on my drinking coca cola to the point that I stopped eating drinking anything in her disgusting presence.
    It was a company where 12 hour shifts were not unusual, she would pipe up seemingly delighted to work another 12 hour day despite any additional hours going to the tax man at this point, oh that's so unhealthy. She then started to point it out to my boss whom I sat beside she would ask was there empty cans on my desk. Also chocolate bars she would ask how I could eat chocolate so early in the morning. I eat it with my mouth you cnut!
    Same bastard woman would comment on my typing... oh it must be a long email. She would also ask my boss is she using one hand or both to type. Absolute cretinous bi8ch.
    due to a coca cola fuelled desk party and a one armed man loud typing bonanza I didn't make it to the pr6cks leaving lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

There was one woman (who worked in the room beside me, door was open policy so you hear chatter if people were loudish)
    Every few days she would talk for about 2 hours about wanting to "find herself" . I think she was in her late 40s early 50's. The other woman in the room had the ability to talk to her about it and touch type at the same time.
    But the "find herself" woman never seemed to do any actual work until after the lunch break on the "find herself" days. Then as a result she would fall behind in her work and others would have to carry her.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I currently work with a guy who fancies himself as a trivia buff. He has an answer for everything, even when there isn't a question to begin with. He interrupts any conversation to throw in a fact and usually smiles smugly to himself as if we all awarded him 10 points. I corrected him about one of his facts once and he went puce. I'd say he went home and self-flagellated himself with an encyclopedia.

Advertisement